News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Brand perception, recall, favor pushed by rewards
In a new study out from IPG Media Lab and Kiip, researchers found rewards are pushing metrics like brand favorability and recall as well as brand perception - but that the rewards to the brand are higher when consumer rewards are offered at the right moment.
It's called moments based marketing, and new data out from IPG Media Lab and Kiip indicates mobile consumers are 'much more likely' to buy from brands that hit upon those big moments.
"The data speaks for itself - rewards are a superior mobile marketing solution over banner ads. This proves Kiip creates measurable brand love by catering rewards to the context of user behavior and reaching consumers during peak moments when they're most engaged and receptive," said Brian Wong, Kiip CEO and Co-Founder.
Some interesting takeaways include:
• Moments based rewards increased purchases by 82% vs. banner ads
• Brand perception increased 14% with rewards vs. a 7% decrease with banner ads
• Banner ads increase brand recall but decrease brand favorability by 6%
"Our data indicates that rewards allow brands to congratulate consumers at moments when happiness, attention and engagement levels are highest. By leveraging our insights to the marketing challenge of effective mobile media, brands can elevate points of activation in innovative and proven manners," said Chad Stoller, Managing Partner, IPG Media Lab.
What are moments based ads? Things like creating a music playlist or bookmarking a recipe or leveling up in a game.
Image via Shutterstock
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...