News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Brand perception, recall, favor pushed by rewards
In a new study out from IPG Media Lab and Kiip, researchers found rewards are pushing metrics like brand favorability and recall as well as brand perception - but that the rewards to the brand are higher when consumer rewards are offered at the right moment.
It's called moments based marketing, and new data out from IPG Media Lab and Kiip indicates mobile consumers are 'much more likely' to buy from brands that hit upon those big moments.
"The data speaks for itself - rewards are a superior mobile marketing solution over banner ads. This proves Kiip creates measurable brand love by catering rewards to the context of user behavior and reaching consumers during peak moments when they're most engaged and receptive," said Brian Wong, Kiip CEO and Co-Founder.
Some interesting takeaways include:
• Moments based rewards increased purchases by 82% vs. banner ads
• Brand perception increased 14% with rewards vs. a 7% decrease with banner ads
• Banner ads increase brand recall but decrease brand favorability by 6%
"Our data indicates that rewards allow brands to congratulate consumers at moments when happiness, attention and engagement levels are highest. By leveraging our insights to the marketing challenge of effective mobile media, brands can elevate points of activation in innovative and proven manners," said Chad Stoller, Managing Partner, IPG Media Lab.
What are moments based ads? Things like creating a music playlist or bookmarking a recipe or leveling up in a game.
Image via Shutterstock
- Number of Mobile Addicts up 59% YoY
- Massive mobile ad fraud uncovered
- How to ensure accurate reviews are seen
- Brands: Why you need to improve on location
- Top 3 mistakes of app developers
- Social media becoming integral to journalists' daily work
- Emotional motivations for video-sharing differ according to age
- Smartwatches worn for convenience but security remains a concern
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...