News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Brand perception, recall, favor pushed by rewards
In a new study out from IPG Media Lab and Kiip, researchers found rewards are pushing metrics like brand favorability and recall as well as brand perception - but that the rewards to the brand are higher when consumer rewards are offered at the right moment.
It's called moments based marketing, and new data out from IPG Media Lab and Kiip indicates mobile consumers are 'much more likely' to buy from brands that hit upon those big moments.
"The data speaks for itself - rewards are a superior mobile marketing solution over banner ads. This proves Kiip creates measurable brand love by catering rewards to the context of user behavior and reaching consumers during peak moments when they're most engaged and receptive," said Brian Wong, Kiip CEO and Co-Founder.
Some interesting takeaways include:
• Moments based rewards increased purchases by 82% vs. banner ads
• Brand perception increased 14% with rewards vs. a 7% decrease with banner ads
• Banner ads increase brand recall but decrease brand favorability by 6%
"Our data indicates that rewards allow brands to congratulate consumers at moments when happiness, attention and engagement levels are highest. By leveraging our insights to the marketing challenge of effective mobile media, brands can elevate points of activation in innovative and proven manners," said Chad Stoller, Managing Partner, IPG Media Lab.
What are moments based ads? Things like creating a music playlist or bookmarking a recipe or leveling up in a game.
Image via Shutterstock
- Colors effect sharing behavior on Pinterest
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- 45% of marketers to invest in events during 2015
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
- Advertising for young children looks promising on a new YouTube app for kids
- Twitter responses to customer queries slow and sloppy
- App channel worth over £4 billion to UK brands
- Facebook: 2 million advertisers milestone and new mobile ad manager
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- How to Promote and Measure Hashtag Campaigns
A single hashtag can connect your brand messaging across each of the major social networks. Learn how hashtags can be...