News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Brand perception, recall, favor pushed by rewards
In a new study out from IPG Media Lab and Kiip, researchers found rewards are pushing metrics like brand favorability and recall as well as brand perception - but that the rewards to the brand are higher when consumer rewards are offered at the right moment.
It's called moments based marketing, and new data out from IPG Media Lab and Kiip indicates mobile consumers are 'much more likely' to buy from brands that hit upon those big moments.
"The data speaks for itself - rewards are a superior mobile marketing solution over banner ads. This proves Kiip creates measurable brand love by catering rewards to the context of user behavior and reaching consumers during peak moments when they're most engaged and receptive," said Brian Wong, Kiip CEO and Co-Founder.
Some interesting takeaways include:
• Moments based rewards increased purchases by 82% vs. banner ads
• Brand perception increased 14% with rewards vs. a 7% decrease with banner ads
• Banner ads increase brand recall but decrease brand favorability by 6%
"Our data indicates that rewards allow brands to congratulate consumers at moments when happiness, attention and engagement levels are highest. By leveraging our insights to the marketing challenge of effective mobile media, brands can elevate points of activation in innovative and proven manners," said Chad Stoller, Managing Partner, IPG Media Lab.
What are moments based ads? Things like creating a music playlist or bookmarking a recipe or leveling up in a game.
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: Where retailers should focus this holiday season
- Top 3 tips to create stronger video content
- Forecast: Holidays could be a boon to retailers
- 'Password fatigue' drives social login use
- Millennial-led SMBs defining new world order for marketing
- Online payment fraud costing U.S. merchants billions
- Online ad viewability in UK remains below 50%
- Mobile banking logins outpacing desktop
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....