News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Americans afraid of losing phones
According to comScore Android and Apple's iOS hold a 95% share of the US smartphone market; Android is slightly ahead in adoption (51% vs. 42%). In April more than 167 million Americans owned smartphones - that is nearly 70% of the population. And that is leading a new kind of anxiety - that of losing your phone.
Americans are so connected to their phones they are actually afraid of being without them. That, according to a new data compiled by Wilson Electronics, which indicates a majority of Americans are afraid of losing or being without their phones.
First, lets look at the phone breakdown: comScore reports Apple and Samsung hold the majority of OEMs in the marketplace; together they hold a 68% share of the market. One of the reasons we're so attached to our phones is what we do on them - and it isn't just talking. comScore's data shows Facebook, YouTube and Pandora are three of the most-used apps - and those apps connect us to friends and entertainment.
Meanwhile, Wilson Electronics has released a new infographic centered on peoples' fears of losing their mobile devices. According to the research about two-thirds of Americans are sleeping with their smartphones AND are nomophobic. What is nomophobia - a fear of being without a mobile device - and just four years ago only about half the population had this fear.
Other interesting findings include:
• 70% of women have mobile phone separation anxiety, 61% of men do
• 77% of 18-24 year olds are nomophobic, 68% of 25-34 years olds are
• 72% say they're within 5 feet of their smartphones 'most of the time'
• 47% of men have 2 mobile devices, 36% of women do
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...