News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Americans afraid of losing phones
According to comScore Android and Apple's iOS hold a 95% share of the US smartphone market; Android is slightly ahead in adoption (51% vs. 42%). In April more than 167 million Americans owned smartphones - that is nearly 70% of the population. And that is leading a new kind of anxiety - that of losing your phone.
Americans are so connected to their phones they are actually afraid of being without them. That, according to a new data compiled by Wilson Electronics, which indicates a majority of Americans are afraid of losing or being without their phones.
First, lets look at the phone breakdown: comScore reports Apple and Samsung hold the majority of OEMs in the marketplace; together they hold a 68% share of the market. One of the reasons we're so attached to our phones is what we do on them - and it isn't just talking. comScore's data shows Facebook, YouTube and Pandora are three of the most-used apps - and those apps connect us to friends and entertainment.
Meanwhile, Wilson Electronics has released a new infographic centered on peoples' fears of losing their mobile devices. According to the research about two-thirds of Americans are sleeping with their smartphones AND are nomophobic. What is nomophobia - a fear of being without a mobile device - and just four years ago only about half the population had this fear.
Other interesting findings include:
• 70% of women have mobile phone separation anxiety, 61% of men do
• 77% of 18-24 year olds are nomophobic, 68% of 25-34 years olds are
• 72% say they're within 5 feet of their smartphones 'most of the time'
• 47% of men have 2 mobile devices, 36% of women do
Image via Shutterstock
- Marketers beware - research your target market or risk stereotyping
- Google: U.S government user data requests up 250% since 2009
- Survey reveals general reluctance to pay for online content and apps
- Report: Online communities growing in importance
- Survey: Consumers want to share product details with friends
- PageFair: Adblocking Goes Mainstream
- Study: SMB's pushing the social media spend
- Report: BOPIS hot for the holidays
Featured White Papers
- Why the Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
Do you want to see why marketers are outsourcing their writing? Read this white paper to learn how external writers...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...
- The Social Hunger: Why Your Audience Feasts on Social Integration
For the past few years, marketers have 'woken up' to consumers who have the power to express their views anytime...
- The 8 Critical Metrics for Measuring App User Engagement
Measuring and optimizing for the right engagement metrics is the key to attaining and keeping users. Whether your business model...