News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Americans afraid of losing phones
According to comScore Android and Apple's iOS hold a 95% share of the US smartphone market; Android is slightly ahead in adoption (51% vs. 42%). In April more than 167 million Americans owned smartphones - that is nearly 70% of the population. And that is leading a new kind of anxiety - that of losing your phone.
Americans are so connected to their phones they are actually afraid of being without them. That, according to a new data compiled by Wilson Electronics, which indicates a majority of Americans are afraid of losing or being without their phones.
First, lets look at the phone breakdown: comScore reports Apple and Samsung hold the majority of OEMs in the marketplace; together they hold a 68% share of the market. One of the reasons we're so attached to our phones is what we do on them - and it isn't just talking. comScore's data shows Facebook, YouTube and Pandora are three of the most-used apps - and those apps connect us to friends and entertainment.
Meanwhile, Wilson Electronics has released a new infographic centered on peoples' fears of losing their mobile devices. According to the research about two-thirds of Americans are sleeping with their smartphones AND are nomophobic. What is nomophobia - a fear of being without a mobile device - and just four years ago only about half the population had this fear.
Other interesting findings include:
• 70% of women have mobile phone separation anxiety, 61% of men do
• 77% of 18-24 year olds are nomophobic, 68% of 25-34 years olds are
• 72% say they're within 5 feet of their smartphones 'most of the time'
• 47% of men have 2 mobile devices, 36% of women do
Image via Shutterstock
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
- Expert: Consent, Identity key for businesses
- UK ad viewability levels stagnate
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shipping, experience key to satisfaction
- Survey: Recruiting a struggle for IT departments
- Study: Mobile consumers want control
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...