News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: 1 in 3 using the cloud
Whether working or playing, Americans are turning to the cloud more and more often. That, according to new data out from SOASTA which shows about one-third of Americans are using the cloud while most of those surveyed (89%) say the cloud had eased their work lives.
From collaborating on projects at work and between offices to making sure all family members have access to the activities calendar, the cloud is becoming a go-to for mobile Americans. They are accessing data and information from smartphones and tablets. In the cloud users can store books or lesson plans, access work documents from home or simply update a calendar for a new ball game or play practice for the kids.
Just how integral is the cloud? SOASTA data shows:
• 54% of Millennials are using the cloud, more than any other demographic
• 44% of Southerners use the cloud, the most of any region
• 29% of Midwesterners use the cloud, the least of any region
• 55% of students and 44% of employed workers use the cloud
• Households with incomes over $75,000 are most likely to use the cloud
As for what they're doing with the cloud most would say they are saving time. Just over 40% of those surveyed say they use the cloud for file sharing or to ensure their files are safe in case of a computer crash. Other reasons for using cloud systems include:
• Music access - 37%
• Better security for personal information - 22%
• Better job organization - 18%
• Cheaper phone/memory options - 17%
• Workplace collaboration - 14%
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: What consumers really want from loyalty programs
- Top 4 Tips to Manage Relationship Between Developers, Marketers
- Survey suggests increasing interest in e-gifts
- Referral key way in which marketers find SEO services
- Social Roundup: Rolling out for Instagram
- Brands: How to engage Millennials in your work force
- Top 3 tips to monetize traffic
- U.S. presidential elections: Digital media use up, television still dominant
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...