News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: 1 in 3 using the cloud
Whether working or playing, Americans are turning to the cloud more and more often. That, according to new data out from SOASTA which shows about one-third of Americans are using the cloud while most of those surveyed (89%) say the cloud had eased their work lives.
From collaborating on projects at work and between offices to making sure all family members have access to the activities calendar, the cloud is becoming a go-to for mobile Americans. They are accessing data and information from smartphones and tablets. In the cloud users can store books or lesson plans, access work documents from home or simply update a calendar for a new ball game or play practice for the kids.
Just how integral is the cloud? SOASTA data shows:
• 54% of Millennials are using the cloud, more than any other demographic
• 44% of Southerners use the cloud, the most of any region
• 29% of Midwesterners use the cloud, the least of any region
• 55% of students and 44% of employed workers use the cloud
• Households with incomes over $75,000 are most likely to use the cloud
As for what they're doing with the cloud most would say they are saving time. Just over 40% of those surveyed say they use the cloud for file sharing or to ensure their files are safe in case of a computer crash. Other reasons for using cloud systems include:
• Music access - 37%
• Better security for personal information - 22%
• Better job organization - 18%
• Cheaper phone/memory options - 17%
• Workplace collaboration - 14%
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...