News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: 1 in 3 using the cloud
Whether working or playing, Americans are turning to the cloud more and more often. That, according to new data out from SOASTA which shows about one-third of Americans are using the cloud while most of those surveyed (89%) say the cloud had eased their work lives.
From collaborating on projects at work and between offices to making sure all family members have access to the activities calendar, the cloud is becoming a go-to for mobile Americans. They are accessing data and information from smartphones and tablets. In the cloud users can store books or lesson plans, access work documents from home or simply update a calendar for a new ball game or play practice for the kids.
Just how integral is the cloud? SOASTA data shows:
• 54% of Millennials are using the cloud, more than any other demographic
• 44% of Southerners use the cloud, the most of any region
• 29% of Midwesterners use the cloud, the least of any region
• 55% of students and 44% of employed workers use the cloud
• Households with incomes over $75,000 are most likely to use the cloud
As for what they're doing with the cloud most would say they are saving time. Just over 40% of those surveyed say they use the cloud for file sharing or to ensure their files are safe in case of a computer crash. Other reasons for using cloud systems include:
• Music access - 37%
• Better security for personal information - 22%
• Better job organization - 18%
• Cheaper phone/memory options - 17%
• Workplace collaboration - 14%
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...