News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: 1 in 3 using the cloud
Whether working or playing, Americans are turning to the cloud more and more often. That, according to new data out from SOASTA which shows about one-third of Americans are using the cloud while most of those surveyed (89%) say the cloud had eased their work lives.
From collaborating on projects at work and between offices to making sure all family members have access to the activities calendar, the cloud is becoming a go-to for mobile Americans. They are accessing data and information from smartphones and tablets. In the cloud users can store books or lesson plans, access work documents from home or simply update a calendar for a new ball game or play practice for the kids.
Just how integral is the cloud? SOASTA data shows:
• 54% of Millennials are using the cloud, more than any other demographic
• 44% of Southerners use the cloud, the most of any region
• 29% of Midwesterners use the cloud, the least of any region
• 55% of students and 44% of employed workers use the cloud
• Households with incomes over $75,000 are most likely to use the cloud
As for what they're doing with the cloud most would say they are saving time. Just over 40% of those surveyed say they use the cloud for file sharing or to ensure their files are safe in case of a computer crash. Other reasons for using cloud systems include:
• Music access - 37%
• Better security for personal information - 22%
• Better job organization - 18%
• Cheaper phone/memory options - 17%
• Workplace collaboration - 14%
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Safety key to wearables future
- Study: Half of shoppers look for 'https' or other security symbols online
- Cash, and wallets, soon to be things of the past?
- Expert: How Siri, Echo are changing content needs
- Costumes are big business again this Halloween
- Mobile to play increasing role in holiday season shopping
- Nielsen research reveals countries least likely to embrace mobile-only banking
- Mobile use in restaurants - tolerable or taboo?
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....