News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: 1 in 3 using the cloud
Whether working or playing, Americans are turning to the cloud more and more often. That, according to new data out from SOASTA which shows about one-third of Americans are using the cloud while most of those surveyed (89%) say the cloud had eased their work lives.
From collaborating on projects at work and between offices to making sure all family members have access to the activities calendar, the cloud is becoming a go-to for mobile Americans. They are accessing data and information from smartphones and tablets. In the cloud users can store books or lesson plans, access work documents from home or simply update a calendar for a new ball game or play practice for the kids.
Just how integral is the cloud? SOASTA data shows:
• 54% of Millennials are using the cloud, more than any other demographic
• 44% of Southerners use the cloud, the most of any region
• 29% of Midwesterners use the cloud, the least of any region
• 55% of students and 44% of employed workers use the cloud
• Households with incomes over $75,000 are most likely to use the cloud
As for what they're doing with the cloud most would say they are saving time. Just over 40% of those surveyed say they use the cloud for file sharing or to ensure their files are safe in case of a computer crash. Other reasons for using cloud systems include:
• Music access - 37%
• Better security for personal information - 22%
• Better job organization - 18%
• Cheaper phone/memory options - 17%
• Workplace collaboration - 14%
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile video a compliment to TV
- Mobile sites leaving customers hungry
- Survey: Most create videos as keepsakes
- Ad RoundUp: Ecommerce deployments key in on data
- Online and mobile shopping experience still failing to meet consumer expectations
- Which products have the highest online browse-to-buy correlation?
- Millennials: Speed and high-quality images the difference between bounce or buy on mobile
- Smartphone shopping up but revenue remains low
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...