News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Start-ups: BIA/Kelsey is looking for you
Local business has become something of a buzzword over the past couple of years as the Internet has actually begun leading shopping back to their local stores. To help grow local business, BIA/Kelsey is putting out a call to locally based SMBs for their Leading in Local Future Stars initiative.
The initiative is in its third year and is set up to help start-ups and small business in the early stages of development make connections that will help their business succeed.
"Future Stars has become integral to the BIA/Kelsey community, exemplifying the early stage innovation across the local media and SMB digital marketing space," said Michael Boland, BIA/Kelsey chief analyst and vice president of content. "We're excited to see what the new class of Future Stars will bring to New Orleans."
This year the Leading in Local conference will be held in New Orleans between September 22 and 24. Judges will evaluate the Future Stars applicants and three will be chosen to join in a Q&A session during the Leading in Local conference. Eligibility requirements and applications can be found here.
The conference is focused on bringing small businesses the tools they need to succeed in the online marketplace through social media, reputation management, mobile and other online segments.
Image via Shutterstock
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...