News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Start-ups: BIA/Kelsey is looking for you
Local business has become something of a buzzword over the past couple of years as the Internet has actually begun leading shopping back to their local stores. To help grow local business, BIA/Kelsey is putting out a call to locally based SMBs for their Leading in Local Future Stars initiative.
The initiative is in its third year and is set up to help start-ups and small business in the early stages of development make connections that will help their business succeed.
"Future Stars has become integral to the BIA/Kelsey community, exemplifying the early stage innovation across the local media and SMB digital marketing space," said Michael Boland, BIA/Kelsey chief analyst and vice president of content. "We're excited to see what the new class of Future Stars will bring to New Orleans."
This year the Leading in Local conference will be held in New Orleans between September 22 and 24. Judges will evaluate the Future Stars applicants and three will be chosen to join in a Q&A session during the Leading in Local conference. Eligibility requirements and applications can be found here.
The conference is focused on bringing small businesses the tools they need to succeed in the online marketplace through social media, reputation management, mobile and other online segments.
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: How to know if the cloud is right for your business
- Ad Roundup: Targeting, Payments and Data
- Studies highlight importance of location, relevance
- SMBs: New labor laws could impact revenue lines
- Ad Roundup: Mobile, video and ecommerce
- Expert: What Google, Amazon announcements mean for marketers
- Survey: SMBs keying into social
- Survey: Brands leaving app money on the table
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...