News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social media sharing platform significantly increases employee sharing
Businesses may be overlooking a valuable social media and sharing channel - employees. New research from employee advocacy publishing platform EveryoneSocial revealed a huge uptick in sharing when approved content was delivered to employees via a social media sharing platform.
According to Eric Roach, CEO and Co-founder of EveryoneSocial, "engaged employees want to tout their company through social media, but are hesitant to share because they fear they'll do something wrong and get themselves or the company into trouble".
In fact, social sharing by employees has been talked about in terms of the risks associated with leaking sensitive data, damage to brand reputation or wasting time at work.
However, by using a social media platform on which a company's social media managers can curate approved content for employees to share those risks can be alleviated.
Furthermore, such a platform makes sharing easier than via a traditional corporate email. And, found EveryoneSocial in recent analysis of a selected subset of 10,000 of its software users across a variety of industries, employees are a whopping 38x more likely to share company information and articles when they are delivered via social media instead of an email.
"Social media managers can syndicate quality, relevant outside content for employees to share and comment on," said Roach. "This enables employees to be true thought leaders and brand advocates, not just trained bots sharing company-created content."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...