News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social media sharing platform significantly increases employee sharing
Businesses may be overlooking a valuable social media and sharing channel - employees. New research from employee advocacy publishing platform EveryoneSocial revealed a huge uptick in sharing when approved content was delivered to employees via a social media sharing platform.
According to Eric Roach, CEO and Co-founder of EveryoneSocial, "engaged employees want to tout their company through social media, but are hesitant to share because they fear they'll do something wrong and get themselves or the company into trouble".
In fact, social sharing by employees has been talked about in terms of the risks associated with leaking sensitive data, damage to brand reputation or wasting time at work.
However, by using a social media platform on which a company's social media managers can curate approved content for employees to share those risks can be alleviated.
Furthermore, such a platform makes sharing easier than via a traditional corporate email. And, found EveryoneSocial in recent analysis of a selected subset of 10,000 of its software users across a variety of industries, employees are a whopping 38x more likely to share company information and articles when they are delivered via social media instead of an email.
"Social media managers can syndicate quality, relevant outside content for employees to share and comment on," said Roach. "This enables employees to be true thought leaders and brand advocates, not just trained bots sharing company-created content."
Image via Shutterstock
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
- Kahuna: Brands must engage for apps to work
- Research highlights effectiveness of in-app messaging
- Facebook tests 10-second video views and monetization
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...