News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social media sharing platform significantly increases employee sharing
Businesses may be overlooking a valuable social media and sharing channel - employees. New research from employee advocacy publishing platform EveryoneSocial revealed a huge uptick in sharing when approved content was delivered to employees via a social media sharing platform.
According to Eric Roach, CEO and Co-founder of EveryoneSocial, "engaged employees want to tout their company through social media, but are hesitant to share because they fear they'll do something wrong and get themselves or the company into trouble".
In fact, social sharing by employees has been talked about in terms of the risks associated with leaking sensitive data, damage to brand reputation or wasting time at work.
However, by using a social media platform on which a company's social media managers can curate approved content for employees to share those risks can be alleviated.
Furthermore, such a platform makes sharing easier than via a traditional corporate email. And, found EveryoneSocial in recent analysis of a selected subset of 10,000 of its software users across a variety of industries, employees are a whopping 38x more likely to share company information and articles when they are delivered via social media instead of an email.
"Social media managers can syndicate quality, relevant outside content for employees to share and comment on," said Roach. "This enables employees to be true thought leaders and brand advocates, not just trained bots sharing company-created content."
Image via Shutterstock
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Does your business send packages? USPS postal rates change
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...