News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Social media sharing platform significantly increases employee sharing
Businesses may be overlooking a valuable social media and sharing channel - employees. New research from employee advocacy publishing platform EveryoneSocial revealed a huge uptick in sharing when approved content was delivered to employees via a social media sharing platform.
According to Eric Roach, CEO and Co-founder of EveryoneSocial, "engaged employees want to tout their company through social media, but are hesitant to share because they fear they'll do something wrong and get themselves or the company into trouble".
In fact, social sharing by employees has been talked about in terms of the risks associated with leaking sensitive data, damage to brand reputation or wasting time at work.
However, by using a social media platform on which a company's social media managers can curate approved content for employees to share those risks can be alleviated.
Furthermore, such a platform makes sharing easier than via a traditional corporate email. And, found EveryoneSocial in recent analysis of a selected subset of 10,000 of its software users across a variety of industries, employees are a whopping 38x more likely to share company information and articles when they are delivered via social media instead of an email.
"Social media managers can syndicate quality, relevant outside content for employees to share and comment on," said Roach. "This enables employees to be true thought leaders and brand advocates, not just trained bots sharing company-created content."
Image via Shutterstock
- Happy birthday, email! Now, what can you do for me?
- Poll: Phone fraud tops $8 billion mark in America
- Webtrends: Top 3 tips to improve online bookings
- Driving website traffic revealed as retailers' biggest challenge
- Revenues from tablet games to triple in next five years
- Marketers must react to changing consumer behavior caused by technology
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
Featured White Papers
- Expert Panel: Brand Strategists Answer Top 5 Social Questions
During SXSW Interactive, we gathered a team of five leading brand strategists to answer the five most pressing social questions...
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...