News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Shopify taps Emma for better targeting, campaign synching
This week retail platform Shopify is solidifying their position by integrating with software hut Emma. Through the integration retailers on the Shopify platform will have access to Emma's shopper data to increase targeting as well as to automate email messaging.
"Many of our top retail customers currently use Shopify to power their online stores," said Emma CEO, Clint Smith. "Our new Shopify integration gives retailers more insight into how their marketing efforts connect to sales, and the smarts are built right in, with easy-to-use tools and actionable data designed to make their marketing more effective and thoughtful."
Through the integration Shopify retailers can create customer/sales lists; those lists can include purchase history and will update as more purchases are made. This kind of data gives retailers insight into purchase behavior and offers the ability to create 'also bought' messaging or linked offers. The integration will also allow:
• Advanced tracking for email campaigns
• ROI tracking
• Email automation based on shopper data, purchases, rewards or spending
• Emma also tracks clicks to links within email messaging
"As a small business owner, I'm always looking for ways to make my message more relevant to my customers," said owner of The Peach Truck, Stephen Rose. "The fact that my Shopify audience is segmented by purchase history automatically within Emma means I'm able to personalize my email marketing even further - that helps my brand and my business."
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....