News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Shopify taps Emma for better targeting, campaign synching
This week retail platform Shopify is solidifying their position by integrating with software hut Emma. Through the integration retailers on the Shopify platform will have access to Emma's shopper data to increase targeting as well as to automate email messaging.
"Many of our top retail customers currently use Shopify to power their online stores," said Emma CEO, Clint Smith. "Our new Shopify integration gives retailers more insight into how their marketing efforts connect to sales, and the smarts are built right in, with easy-to-use tools and actionable data designed to make their marketing more effective and thoughtful."
Through the integration Shopify retailers can create customer/sales lists; those lists can include purchase history and will update as more purchases are made. This kind of data gives retailers insight into purchase behavior and offers the ability to create 'also bought' messaging or linked offers. The integration will also allow:
• Advanced tracking for email campaigns
• ROI tracking
• Email automation based on shopper data, purchases, rewards or spending
• Emma also tracks clicks to links within email messaging
"As a small business owner, I'm always looking for ways to make my message more relevant to my customers," said owner of The Peach Truck, Stephen Rose. "The fact that my Shopify audience is segmented by purchase history automatically within Emma means I'm able to personalize my email marketing even further - that helps my brand and my business."
Image via Shutterstock
- Poor mobile connectivity costing UK retailers 1.2 billion pounds
- Multi-tasking costing UK marketing industry 44 million days of productivity every year
- Expert: How to use events as lead-gen
- Study: Brands keen on cross-channel but falling short
- Fraudlogix IDs 'least fraudulent' sites
- Are you EMV-ready? If not, it could prove costly.
- Who are the ad blockers and why are they blocking?
- Expert: EMV switch may not stop fraud
Featured White Papers
- What should drive email Frequency
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email activity and engagement metrics across four similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email...
- The Design Advantage
Design is more than just an artistic endeavor. It is a philosophy and culture that influences every business decision. Companies...