News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Shopify taps Emma for better targeting, campaign synching
This week retail platform Shopify is solidifying their position by integrating with software hut Emma. Through the integration retailers on the Shopify platform will have access to Emma's shopper data to increase targeting as well as to automate email messaging.
"Many of our top retail customers currently use Shopify to power their online stores," said Emma CEO, Clint Smith. "Our new Shopify integration gives retailers more insight into how their marketing efforts connect to sales, and the smarts are built right in, with easy-to-use tools and actionable data designed to make their marketing more effective and thoughtful."
Through the integration Shopify retailers can create customer/sales lists; those lists can include purchase history and will update as more purchases are made. This kind of data gives retailers insight into purchase behavior and offers the ability to create 'also bought' messaging or linked offers. The integration will also allow:
• Advanced tracking for email campaigns
• ROI tracking
• Email automation based on shopper data, purchases, rewards or spending
• Emma also tracks clicks to links within email messaging
"As a small business owner, I'm always looking for ways to make my message more relevant to my customers," said owner of The Peach Truck, Stephen Rose. "The fact that my Shopify audience is segmented by purchase history automatically within Emma means I'm able to personalize my email marketing even further - that helps my brand and my business."
Image via Shutterstock
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
- Expert: Why SMBs are pushing farther into digital
Featured White Papers
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...