News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Shopify taps Emma for better targeting, campaign synching
This week retail platform Shopify is solidifying their position by integrating with software hut Emma. Through the integration retailers on the Shopify platform will have access to Emma's shopper data to increase targeting as well as to automate email messaging.
"Many of our top retail customers currently use Shopify to power their online stores," said Emma CEO, Clint Smith. "Our new Shopify integration gives retailers more insight into how their marketing efforts connect to sales, and the smarts are built right in, with easy-to-use tools and actionable data designed to make their marketing more effective and thoughtful."
Through the integration Shopify retailers can create customer/sales lists; those lists can include purchase history and will update as more purchases are made. This kind of data gives retailers insight into purchase behavior and offers the ability to create 'also bought' messaging or linked offers. The integration will also allow:
• Advanced tracking for email campaigns
• ROI tracking
• Email automation based on shopper data, purchases, rewards or spending
• Emma also tracks clicks to links within email messaging
"As a small business owner, I'm always looking for ways to make my message more relevant to my customers," said owner of The Peach Truck, Stephen Rose. "The fact that my Shopify audience is segmented by purchase history automatically within Emma means I'm able to personalize my email marketing even further - that helps my brand and my business."
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...