News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Service providers ignoring demand for customer care via social media
While two-thirds of service providers believe that mobile customers turn to social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter because they are unable to contact a customer care agent via any other channel, the reality is quite different, according to research released by Amdocs.
Sixty-eight percent of service providers believe that customers contacting them via social media do so because they are unable to reach them via more traditional channels. However, Amdocs' research found that 50% of customers actually prefer using social media rather than having to contact a call center.
Furthermore, two-thirds (64%) of customers said they would be happy to share their social identity with their service provider in return for better service.
However, the current social customer care climate is not impressing customers. Half said they had tried to communicate with their service provider on social media but three-quarters never received a reply leaving 80% with no option but to call the call center.
"The research shows a huge opportunity to deflect customer care to lower-cost, social media channels and to increase Net Promoter Score (NPS) and positive word-of-mouth visibility," said Rebecca Prudhomme, vice president for product and solution marketing at Amdocs.
"When people take to Twitter or Facebook to ask questions or, worse yet, complain about their service provider, that's an opportunity the service provider can take to proactively resolve that customer's issue - if they know that customer's real identity."
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 annoyances for mobile shoppers
- Study: Black Millennials betting on themselves
- Top 3 tips to take Valentine's strategies year-round
- No age limit to looking for love online
- Goodbye second-screening, hello switch-screening
- Less than one-third of emails opened on desktop last year
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
Featured White Papers
- Device of Choice for Online Shoppers & Buyers
Did you know that men shop and buy from mobile devices more than women? Being aware of nuances like this...
- 5 'Must Have' Tactics For Your 2016 Digital Marketing Plan
What are the 5 "must have" tactics that experts agree can help everyone's 2016 digital marketing?...
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....