News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Mobile pushing calls to SMBs, ticket sales
Small businesses may see a surge in customers and leads over the next four years - from mobile search. Not only that, but look for more ticket sales to be pushed from mobile. Those are the takeaways from a new forecast out from BIA/Kelsey, and a new Vdopia study.
First, calling. The BIA/Kelsey forecast suggests the number of phone calls to small businesses, because of mobile search, will push to nearly 80 billion by 2018. Much of the growth will be centered on local financial services or home services, but the forecast indicates SMBs across the board may benefit from mobile search based calling.
"There's a shift underway in the tech and media worlds marked by a tighter embrace of phone calls as a lead form for paying advertisers," said Michael Boland, report author, senior analyst and VP of content, BIA/Kelsey. "Calls have always been highly valued by small businesses and now the notion of calls as currency has accelerated in the smartphone era, where search has fused with the phone. Businesses that get in front of consumers with the right messaging and calls to action, like mobile click-to-call, can drive high-quality leads and achieve high return on ad spend. Tech and media companies that can help them get there are likewise well positioned."
Local and small businesses aren't the only ones strengthening because of mobile. New data out from Vdopia shows mobile is also pushing ticket sales.
"Mobile is fast becoming a central hub of entertainment decisions," says Saurabh Bhatia, co-founder, Chief Business Officer, Vdopia Inc. "Historically digital entertainment video advertising, especially on mobile devices, was almost exclusively about creating awareness for new films or TV programs. But increasingly we are seeing that mobile video advertising is driving ticket sales for films and helping to increase ratings for TV Shows. "
Their report indicates:
• 28% of mobiles have viewed entertainment content on their phones
• 40% say they've purchased movie/event tickets via mobile
• 45% say they recall mobile ads for entertainment
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Partner program and SMB security
- IAB report shows increasing commitment to digital video advertising
- Financial services industry reward programs falling short of consumer expectations
- Mixing work with personal life causes guilt among Generation Mobile
- Surveys point to what Mom wants
- Study: Facebook key for ecommerce
- Ad Roundup: More formats, reporting available to brands
- What drives reward program spending
Featured White Papers
- 9 Ways You Can Build Effective Mobile Email Marketing Campaigns
The latest research shows that two-thirds of email opens now occur on mobile devices, but many email marketers are still...
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...