News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Mobile pushing calls to SMBs, ticket sales
Small businesses may see a surge in customers and leads over the next four years - from mobile search. Not only that, but look for more ticket sales to be pushed from mobile. Those are the takeaways from a new forecast out from BIA/Kelsey, and a new Vdopia study.
First, calling. The BIA/Kelsey forecast suggests the number of phone calls to small businesses, because of mobile search, will push to nearly 80 billion by 2018. Much of the growth will be centered on local financial services or home services, but the forecast indicates SMBs across the board may benefit from mobile search based calling.
"There's a shift underway in the tech and media worlds marked by a tighter embrace of phone calls as a lead form for paying advertisers," said Michael Boland, report author, senior analyst and VP of content, BIA/Kelsey. "Calls have always been highly valued by small businesses and now the notion of calls as currency has accelerated in the smartphone era, where search has fused with the phone. Businesses that get in front of consumers with the right messaging and calls to action, like mobile click-to-call, can drive high-quality leads and achieve high return on ad spend. Tech and media companies that can help them get there are likewise well positioned."
Local and small businesses aren't the only ones strengthening because of mobile. New data out from Vdopia shows mobile is also pushing ticket sales.
"Mobile is fast becoming a central hub of entertainment decisions," says Saurabh Bhatia, co-founder, Chief Business Officer, Vdopia Inc. "Historically digital entertainment video advertising, especially on mobile devices, was almost exclusively about creating awareness for new films or TV programs. But increasingly we are seeing that mobile video advertising is driving ticket sales for films and helping to increase ratings for TV Shows. "
Their report indicates:
• 28% of mobiles have viewed entertainment content on their phones
• 40% say they've purchased movie/event tickets via mobile
• 45% say they recall mobile ads for entertainment
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Look for more gift cards this summer
- Top 3 tips to make your email 'Pitch Perfect'
- Survey: Retailers aren't ready for EMV deadline
- PulsePoint: Content marketing, native future of advertising
- Ad Roundup: Bringing scale to online brands
- Pixalate releases list of top programmatic networks
- How non-profits are succeeding online
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
Featured White Papers
- Retargeting on Facebook by the Numbers: The Analysis of Retargeting in the Center of the Social Web
Over the past two years, advertisers have rapidly adopted retargeting on Facebook to drive key metrics like conversions, app downloads,...
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...