News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Reports: Mobile pushing calls to SMBs, ticket sales
Small businesses may see a surge in customers and leads over the next four years - from mobile search. Not only that, but look for more ticket sales to be pushed from mobile. Those are the takeaways from a new forecast out from BIA/Kelsey, and a new Vdopia study.
First, calling. The BIA/Kelsey forecast suggests the number of phone calls to small businesses, because of mobile search, will push to nearly 80 billion by 2018. Much of the growth will be centered on local financial services or home services, but the forecast indicates SMBs across the board may benefit from mobile search based calling.
"There's a shift underway in the tech and media worlds marked by a tighter embrace of phone calls as a lead form for paying advertisers," said Michael Boland, report author, senior analyst and VP of content, BIA/Kelsey. "Calls have always been highly valued by small businesses and now the notion of calls as currency has accelerated in the smartphone era, where search has fused with the phone. Businesses that get in front of consumers with the right messaging and calls to action, like mobile click-to-call, can drive high-quality leads and achieve high return on ad spend. Tech and media companies that can help them get there are likewise well positioned."
Local and small businesses aren't the only ones strengthening because of mobile. New data out from Vdopia shows mobile is also pushing ticket sales.
"Mobile is fast becoming a central hub of entertainment decisions," says Saurabh Bhatia, co-founder, Chief Business Officer, Vdopia Inc. "Historically digital entertainment video advertising, especially on mobile devices, was almost exclusively about creating awareness for new films or TV programs. But increasingly we are seeing that mobile video advertising is driving ticket sales for films and helping to increase ratings for TV Shows. "
Their report indicates:
• 28% of mobiles have viewed entertainment content on their phones
• 40% say they've purchased movie/event tickets via mobile
• 45% say they recall mobile ads for entertainment
Image via Shutterstock
- Advertising Roundup: Analytics and mobile engagement
- How reviews from gift-givers can help brands
- 51% of Brits can not spot ads in search results
- Clean fraud and account takeover top UK businesses fraud concerns
- Survey: Elections worrisome for SMB owners
- Reports: Online crucial for SMBs
- 3 trends to watch in social marketing
- Expert: How extreme stacking can benefit retailers
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...