News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report reveals the increasingly mobile nature of email
A new study of billions of ad impressions reveals that not only is email the primary communications channel among mobile users it is also the most popular.
Email ad exchange LiveIntent analyzed more than 4 billion add impressions in the first quarter of this year and discovered just how prevalent and popular email is among mobile users. They estimate that such is the rise in mobile email that the number of opens will exceed 50% by next year.
Furthermore, the number of unique impressions seen on mobile devices has risen significantly on the past three years - from 24% to 45% - as mobile adoption increases.
"More people use email on mobile than browse the web or log-into Facebook. It's where 23% of every mobile Internet hour is spent. And people aren't just scanning emails on their smartphones and tablets - they actively opening, clicking and converting," says Matt Keiser, founder & CEO, LiveIntent.
"But while the tools and the channel exist, the opportunities presented by this inherently mobile channel have yet to be fully realized. To harness the power of email and mobile, marketers must have a real email ad strategy that includes a thoughtful mobile experience. One that extends from first impression through conversion."
The report, 'Email Everywhere: Adapting to the Mobile Nature of Email', also found that:
- Mobile email opens and conversions exceed those of desktop among those aged 45 and under;
- If the time spent on the Internet via mobile was distilled into 1 hour, 14 minutes would be spent in email, beating out both social networking (9 minutes) and entertainment (8 minutes) by a significant margin;
- Women are more likely to open email on tablets (32%) than men (26%) and also convert higher on tablets (18%) than men (13%);
- Smartphone email engagement skews younger.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...