News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report reveals the increasingly mobile nature of email
A new study of billions of ad impressions reveals that not only is email the primary communications channel among mobile users it is also the most popular.
Email ad exchange LiveIntent analyzed more than 4 billion add impressions in the first quarter of this year and discovered just how prevalent and popular email is among mobile users. They estimate that such is the rise in mobile email that the number of opens will exceed 50% by next year.
Furthermore, the number of unique impressions seen on mobile devices has risen significantly on the past three years - from 24% to 45% - as mobile adoption increases.
"More people use email on mobile than browse the web or log-into Facebook. It's where 23% of every mobile Internet hour is spent. And people aren't just scanning emails on their smartphones and tablets - they actively opening, clicking and converting," says Matt Keiser, founder & CEO, LiveIntent.
"But while the tools and the channel exist, the opportunities presented by this inherently mobile channel have yet to be fully realized. To harness the power of email and mobile, marketers must have a real email ad strategy that includes a thoughtful mobile experience. One that extends from first impression through conversion."
The report, 'Email Everywhere: Adapting to the Mobile Nature of Email', also found that:
- Mobile email opens and conversions exceed those of desktop among those aged 45 and under;
- If the time spent on the Internet via mobile was distilled into 1 hour, 14 minutes would be spent in email, beating out both social networking (9 minutes) and entertainment (8 minutes) by a significant margin;
- Women are more likely to open email on tablets (32%) than men (26%) and also convert higher on tablets (18%) than men (13%);
- Smartphone email engagement skews younger.
Image via Shutterstock
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...