News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report reveals the increasingly mobile nature of email
A new study of billions of ad impressions reveals that not only is email the primary communications channel among mobile users it is also the most popular.
Email ad exchange LiveIntent analyzed more than 4 billion add impressions in the first quarter of this year and discovered just how prevalent and popular email is among mobile users. They estimate that such is the rise in mobile email that the number of opens will exceed 50% by next year.
Furthermore, the number of unique impressions seen on mobile devices has risen significantly on the past three years - from 24% to 45% - as mobile adoption increases.
"More people use email on mobile than browse the web or log-into Facebook. It's where 23% of every mobile Internet hour is spent. And people aren't just scanning emails on their smartphones and tablets - they actively opening, clicking and converting," says Matt Keiser, founder & CEO, LiveIntent.
"But while the tools and the channel exist, the opportunities presented by this inherently mobile channel have yet to be fully realized. To harness the power of email and mobile, marketers must have a real email ad strategy that includes a thoughtful mobile experience. One that extends from first impression through conversion."
The report, 'Email Everywhere: Adapting to the Mobile Nature of Email', also found that:
- Mobile email opens and conversions exceed those of desktop among those aged 45 and under;
- If the time spent on the Internet via mobile was distilled into 1 hour, 14 minutes would be spent in email, beating out both social networking (9 minutes) and entertainment (8 minutes) by a significant margin;
- Women are more likely to open email on tablets (32%) than men (26%) and also convert higher on tablets (18%) than men (13%);
- Smartphone email engagement skews younger.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...