News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Execs like card-linked campaigns, but don't use them
Card-linked marketing initiatives are very popular with the executive set. According to a new survey out from The CMO Club and BankAmericaDeals most execs believe card-linked campaigns are pushing revenue and customer satisfaction. The problem: although these execs report these initiatives work 62% of those surveyed have never initiated a campaign like this.
Jason Blackhurst, senior vice president and Emerging Capabilities executive at Bank of America said, "However, our new survey data underscores that CMOs understand that targeting and customer insights are critical, but very few turn to card-linked marketing to obtain this kind of precision."
CMOs like card linked marketing programs. That is the takeaway from a new BankAmericaDeals and The CMO Club survey. And, while 9 in 10 who have used card-linked campaigns have seen a revenue lift and most (98%) do plan to use them in future campaigns, more than half of those surveyed by The CMO Club report they've not used card-linked initiatives.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 64% believe card-linked campaigns increase customer loyalty
• 54% believe they generate repeat sales
• 48% say they drive traffic
• 44% believe they increase brand recognition
"Program innovations have gone beyond streamlined redemption at the point-of-sale to not only address what CMOs value in a marketing program, but what they need to be successful in customer loyalty and engagement," said Pete Krainik, founder of The CMO Club, a membership organization that brings together more than 850 heads of marketing, and purveyor of the BankAmeriDeals/CMO Club Poll.
Image via Shutterstock
- Mobile, video to see analytics changes in 2015
- Study IDs brands performing best - and worst - in social
- Experts: How to capitalize on consumers' need for personalization
- How to get more from employees
- Experts weigh in on what to expect in the online ad space in 2015
- Constant Contact: SMBs to go real time, win local in 2015
- Demandbase: What won't happen in 2015
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shoppers findings leads on social media
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...