News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Execs like card-linked campaigns, but don't use them
Card-linked marketing initiatives are very popular with the executive set. According to a new survey out from The CMO Club and BankAmericaDeals most execs believe card-linked campaigns are pushing revenue and customer satisfaction. The problem: although these execs report these initiatives work 62% of those surveyed have never initiated a campaign like this.
Jason Blackhurst, senior vice president and Emerging Capabilities executive at Bank of America said, "However, our new survey data underscores that CMOs understand that targeting and customer insights are critical, but very few turn to card-linked marketing to obtain this kind of precision."
CMOs like card linked marketing programs. That is the takeaway from a new BankAmericaDeals and The CMO Club survey. And, while 9 in 10 who have used card-linked campaigns have seen a revenue lift and most (98%) do plan to use them in future campaigns, more than half of those surveyed by The CMO Club report they've not used card-linked initiatives.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 64% believe card-linked campaigns increase customer loyalty
• 54% believe they generate repeat sales
• 48% say they drive traffic
• 44% believe they increase brand recognition
"Program innovations have gone beyond streamlined redemption at the point-of-sale to not only address what CMOs value in a marketing program, but what they need to be successful in customer loyalty and engagement," said Pete Krainik, founder of The CMO Club, a membership organization that brings together more than 850 heads of marketing, and purveyor of the BankAmeriDeals/CMO Club Poll.
Image via Shutterstock
- Time watching TV remains the same, but different
- Optimove integration allows targeted campaigns via Google Ads
- Brands: How speech analytics can work for you
- Study reveals SMBs don't know credit scores
- Expert: How ad blocking can work for brands
- All hail Uber
- Social media platforms failing to adequately monitor hate speech
- Top 4 email worst practices and solutions
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...