News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Quarter of top UK retailers not mobile-ready
Digital commerce firm Skava has released findings from its annual UK Retail Mobile Optimization report and the findings reveal that nearly a quarter of the country's top retailers have yet to optimize their websites for mobile.
It's hard to escape studies, articles and advice about the importance of optimizing websites for mobile devices, yet nearly one quarter (24%) of the UK's top retailers appear to have missed the message.
Digital commerce firm Skava has just released findings of its annual UK Retail Mobile Optimization report and found that, while things have improved since last year when just 50% of UK retailers had optimized for mobile, the country continues to lag behind retailers in the U.S. where 100% of the country's top retailers are now optimized for mobile.
Mobile traffic now accounts for 20% of all e-commerce traffic in the UK yet, according to Arish Ali, CEO at Skava, "some retailers are still arguing the importance of mobile as a significant source of revenue". To prove a point, Ali notes that UK retailer Argos saw 10% of it's overall ecommerce revenue come via mobile - a whopping £400 million last year alone.
"Simply creating a mobile website is no longer efficient, but retailers must build mobile optimized websites with a conversion-first approach," Ali adds. "The launch of a mobile website is not the end of a retailer's mobile strategy, but just the beginning. Like e-commerce websites before them, they require constant updates based on analysis of user behavior to create a seamless shopping experience."
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
- Shoppers want more in-store tech
- Resolving customer issues quickly leads to greater brand loyalty
- Top 3 benefits for ecommerce success
- Research reveals extent of secondary revenue generation among UK retailers
- Report: Bot attempting to steal gift cards
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...