News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Quarter of top UK retailers not mobile-ready
Digital commerce firm Skava has released findings from its annual UK Retail Mobile Optimization report and the findings reveal that nearly a quarter of the country's top retailers have yet to optimize their websites for mobile.
It's hard to escape studies, articles and advice about the importance of optimizing websites for mobile devices, yet nearly one quarter (24%) of the UK's top retailers appear to have missed the message.
Digital commerce firm Skava has just released findings of its annual UK Retail Mobile Optimization report and found that, while things have improved since last year when just 50% of UK retailers had optimized for mobile, the country continues to lag behind retailers in the U.S. where 100% of the country's top retailers are now optimized for mobile.
Mobile traffic now accounts for 20% of all e-commerce traffic in the UK yet, according to Arish Ali, CEO at Skava, "some retailers are still arguing the importance of mobile as a significant source of revenue". To prove a point, Ali notes that UK retailer Argos saw 10% of it's overall ecommerce revenue come via mobile - a whopping £400 million last year alone.
"Simply creating a mobile website is no longer efficient, but retailers must build mobile optimized websites with a conversion-first approach," Ali adds. "The launch of a mobile website is not the end of a retailer's mobile strategy, but just the beginning. Like e-commerce websites before them, they require constant updates based on analysis of user behavior to create a seamless shopping experience."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...