News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Quarter of top UK retailers not mobile-ready
Digital commerce firm Skava has released findings from its annual UK Retail Mobile Optimization report and the findings reveal that nearly a quarter of the country's top retailers have yet to optimize their websites for mobile.
It's hard to escape studies, articles and advice about the importance of optimizing websites for mobile devices, yet nearly one quarter (24%) of the UK's top retailers appear to have missed the message.
Digital commerce firm Skava has just released findings of its annual UK Retail Mobile Optimization report and found that, while things have improved since last year when just 50% of UK retailers had optimized for mobile, the country continues to lag behind retailers in the U.S. where 100% of the country's top retailers are now optimized for mobile.
Mobile traffic now accounts for 20% of all e-commerce traffic in the UK yet, according to Arish Ali, CEO at Skava, "some retailers are still arguing the importance of mobile as a significant source of revenue". To prove a point, Ali notes that UK retailer Argos saw 10% of it's overall ecommerce revenue come via mobile - a whopping £400 million last year alone.
"Simply creating a mobile website is no longer efficient, but retailers must build mobile optimized websites with a conversion-first approach," Ali adds. "The launch of a mobile website is not the end of a retailer's mobile strategy, but just the beginning. Like e-commerce websites before them, they require constant updates based on analysis of user behavior to create a seamless shopping experience."
Image via Shutterstock
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Does your business send packages? USPS postal rates change
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...