News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Quarter of top UK retailers not mobile-ready
Digital commerce firm Skava has released findings from its annual UK Retail Mobile Optimization report and the findings reveal that nearly a quarter of the country's top retailers have yet to optimize their websites for mobile.
It's hard to escape studies, articles and advice about the importance of optimizing websites for mobile devices, yet nearly one quarter (24%) of the UK's top retailers appear to have missed the message.
Digital commerce firm Skava has just released findings of its annual UK Retail Mobile Optimization report and found that, while things have improved since last year when just 50% of UK retailers had optimized for mobile, the country continues to lag behind retailers in the U.S. where 100% of the country's top retailers are now optimized for mobile.
Mobile traffic now accounts for 20% of all e-commerce traffic in the UK yet, according to Arish Ali, CEO at Skava, "some retailers are still arguing the importance of mobile as a significant source of revenue". To prove a point, Ali notes that UK retailer Argos saw 10% of it's overall ecommerce revenue come via mobile - a whopping £400 million last year alone.
"Simply creating a mobile website is no longer efficient, but retailers must build mobile optimized websites with a conversion-first approach," Ali adds. "The launch of a mobile website is not the end of a retailer's mobile strategy, but just the beginning. Like e-commerce websites before them, they require constant updates based on analysis of user behavior to create a seamless shopping experience."
Image via Shutterstock
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- 45% of marketers to invest in events during 2015
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
- Advertising for young children looks promising on a new YouTube app for kids
- Twitter responses to customer queries slow and sloppy
- App channel worth over £4 billion to UK brands
- Facebook: 2 million advertisers milestone and new mobile ad manager
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- How to Promote and Measure Hashtag Campaigns
A single hashtag can connect your brand messaging across each of the major social networks. Learn how hashtags can be...