News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Neustar: Social pushing brands' reach farther
Neustar has released their Q1 2014 Media Intelligence Report and among the findings - social is helping brands reach more consumers. Specifically those shoppers who aren't served by branded email lists and other channels.
In fact, the data shows social is outperforming ad exchanges by about 37% and has been leading the reach category for each of the past three quarters. Social is also cost-effective, indexing about 350% below industry averages.
Other interesting findings from the Neustar Q1 2014 Media Intelligence Report:
• Overall conversions are happening about 29 times more often than in Q4 2013
• Ad exchanges perform 121% higher than average indexes
• Offline first party data helps brands perform higher than average
"The jump in conversions between Q4 2013 and Q1 2014 demonstrates that marketers are learning where they can best reach their highest value customers and which message resonates with them. Without activating real-time customer and media intelligence, this would not be possible," said Rob Gatto, Senior Vice President of Neustar Media and Advertising.
Neustar's Q1 report analyzed more than 150 billion global ad events during the first quarter.
Looking deeper into the data, researchers suggest the high performance of ad exchanges was due to seasonality - after the holiday months many retailers scaled back on spending, freeing up more inventory and allowing for more impressions to be served.
The report also indicates:
• Targeting Health top performers pushed conversions by 500%
• Targeting Telecom top performers pushed conversions by 900%
• Targeting Education top performers pushed conversions by 2500%
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...