News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Neustar: Social pushing brands' reach farther
Neustar has released their Q1 2014 Media Intelligence Report and among the findings - social is helping brands reach more consumers. Specifically those shoppers who aren't served by branded email lists and other channels.
In fact, the data shows social is outperforming ad exchanges by about 37% and has been leading the reach category for each of the past three quarters. Social is also cost-effective, indexing about 350% below industry averages.
Other interesting findings from the Neustar Q1 2014 Media Intelligence Report:
• Overall conversions are happening about 29 times more often than in Q4 2013
• Ad exchanges perform 121% higher than average indexes
• Offline first party data helps brands perform higher than average
"The jump in conversions between Q4 2013 and Q1 2014 demonstrates that marketers are learning where they can best reach their highest value customers and which message resonates with them. Without activating real-time customer and media intelligence, this would not be possible," said Rob Gatto, Senior Vice President of Neustar Media and Advertising.
Neustar's Q1 report analyzed more than 150 billion global ad events during the first quarter.
Looking deeper into the data, researchers suggest the high performance of ad exchanges was due to seasonality - after the holiday months many retailers scaled back on spending, freeing up more inventory and allowing for more impressions to be served.
The report also indicates:
• Targeting Health top performers pushed conversions by 500%
• Targeting Telecom top performers pushed conversions by 900%
• Targeting Education top performers pushed conversions by 2500%
Image via Shutterstock
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...