News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Neustar: Social pushing brands' reach farther
Neustar has released their Q1 2014 Media Intelligence Report and among the findings - social is helping brands reach more consumers. Specifically those shoppers who aren't served by branded email lists and other channels.
In fact, the data shows social is outperforming ad exchanges by about 37% and has been leading the reach category for each of the past three quarters. Social is also cost-effective, indexing about 350% below industry averages.
Other interesting findings from the Neustar Q1 2014 Media Intelligence Report:
• Overall conversions are happening about 29 times more often than in Q4 2013
• Ad exchanges perform 121% higher than average indexes
• Offline first party data helps brands perform higher than average
"The jump in conversions between Q4 2013 and Q1 2014 demonstrates that marketers are learning where they can best reach their highest value customers and which message resonates with them. Without activating real-time customer and media intelligence, this would not be possible," said Rob Gatto, Senior Vice President of Neustar Media and Advertising.
Neustar's Q1 report analyzed more than 150 billion global ad events during the first quarter.
Looking deeper into the data, researchers suggest the high performance of ad exchanges was due to seasonality - after the holiday months many retailers scaled back on spending, freeing up more inventory and allowing for more impressions to be served.
The report also indicates:
• Targeting Health top performers pushed conversions by 500%
• Targeting Telecom top performers pushed conversions by 900%
• Targeting Education top performers pushed conversions by 2500%
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips to improve channel data strategy
- Ad Roundup: Video, multichannel launches
- Brands: Why connected content is key to growth
- 2016 festive shopping season will be longer, busier, and break records
- Amazon announces 5x uptick in Dash button use
- Study: Safety key to wearables future
- Study: Half of shoppers look for 'https' or other security symbols online
- Cash, and wallets, soon to be things of the past?
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....