News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More tablets will be shipped in 2015 than desktops, laptops combined
Today, 31% of tablet owners use their device to make purchases. According to new data released by Usablenet, that figure is set to rise to 61% by 2017 so business owners need to ensure their ecommerce strategies are tablet-friendly.
By 2018 tablets may have well taken over the world of ecommerce. In fact, next year more tablets will be shipped than desktop computers and laptops combined.
Usablenet predicts that, by 2017, over 1 billion tablets will be in use - a five-fold increase on 2013's 233 million - and almost two-thirds of tablet owners will be using their device to shop. That increase will see tablet commerce rise from $114 billion this year to $293 billion in 2018.
As well as using tablets to shop, users now use their device for all sorts of activities, found Usablenet, and do so from their living room (72%), bedroom (63%) and while travelling (48%).
- 66% research products before buying online;
- 63% browse photos and watch video content;
- 63% check prices and look up store information;
- 54% consult reviews and ratings;
- 51% browse products and build up wishlists for later purchases.
According to Usablenet, consumers are expecting engaging tablet experiences to help them achieve a growing list of tasks and "it has become essential for executives at every level to understand the significance of tablets and how they influence the purchasing cycle and overall consumer engagement".
- Study: Americans don't understand their health plan
- Study: Service virtualization can reduce risk
- Survey: Solo-preneurs on the rise
- Ad Roundup: Data, funding and a new video unit
- Retailers: Customer experience also about employees
- 3 Questions with Returnly
- Research reveals significant increase in online shopping
- Telehealth: Convenience driving interest in visiting a doctor via video
Featured White Papers
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...
- Twitter for Business: Everything You Need to Know
Using Twitter requires a lot more effort than just sharing a link and throwing in a hashtag or two....