News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
More tablets will be shipped in 2015 than desktops, laptops combined
Today, 31% of tablet owners use their device to make purchases. According to new data released by Usablenet, that figure is set to rise to 61% by 2017 so business owners need to ensure their ecommerce strategies are tablet-friendly.
By 2018 tablets may have well taken over the world of ecommerce. In fact, next year more tablets will be shipped than desktop computers and laptops combined.
Usablenet predicts that, by 2017, over 1 billion tablets will be in use - a five-fold increase on 2013's 233 million - and almost two-thirds of tablet owners will be using their device to shop. That increase will see tablet commerce rise from $114 billion this year to $293 billion in 2018.
As well as using tablets to shop, users now use their device for all sorts of activities, found Usablenet, and do so from their living room (72%), bedroom (63%) and while travelling (48%).
- 66% research products before buying online;
- 63% browse photos and watch video content;
- 63% check prices and look up store information;
- 54% consult reviews and ratings;
- 51% browse products and build up wishlists for later purchases.
According to Usablenet, consumers are expecting engaging tablet experiences to help them achieve a growing list of tasks and "it has become essential for executives at every level to understand the significance of tablets and how they influence the purchasing cycle and overall consumer engagement".
- PayPal wants users to eat their (pass)words
- 'Visually wired' disposition behind massive rise in infographic use
- Half of British consumers believe drone deliveries will never happen
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
- Online shoppers overwhelmed by choice
- Smartwatches: time for a new ad format
- Translation challenges stymying online communication
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...