News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Moms take lead in family auto research and purchase
When it comes to buying a new family car, moms take the lead in the decision-making process, according to new research from Cars.com, using online search to make the process easier.
Three-quarters of moms (73%) say they are the "sole decision-maker" when it comes to choosing a new family car. That makes sense when you consider the multitude of tasks a family car has to perform.
Heading online to research a new or used car purchase was a popular starting point with 71% of moms agreeing that this channel makes the research process easier. However, two-thirds (68%) still said they prefer to conduct negotiations in person with a car dealership.
But, car dealers need to be aware that moms trust information they find online more than that given to them by dealers. Once convinced, however, dealers will find in moms a loyal customer. According to Jack Simmons, Manager of Dealer Training at Cars.com, "dealers need to go above and beyond to prove their authenticity and value" and that, by doing so, they will have made lifelong customers as 59% of moms prefer to go on to make multiple purchases from the same dealer.
"It's important for dealers to remember that moms have done the same amount of research, if not more, than any other customer before stepping onto the lot, and they're confident in their ability to navigate the car buying process," says Simmons.
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: How to reconnect customers
- Fiksu launches mobile audience platform
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for mobile, online reach
- Imbalanced approach to social means consumers left waiting for response
- Reports show upswing for connected TV, downswing for pay
- Study: Smartphone viewers more likely to click
- How technology can improve the classroom
- Campaign launched to increase awareness of role of ads in funding free online editorial
Featured White Papers
- B2B Marketing Automation Platforms 2015: A Marketer's Guide
This report was prepared by conducting in-depth interviews with leading vendors and industry experts....
- Why Marketing Should Be Personal
Read our report, Why Marketing Should be Personal, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to learn why 700 marketers ranked personalization...
- Digital Trends 2015
Download the 2015 Digital Trends report, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to see the trends and tools you need to...