News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Moms take lead in family auto research and purchase
When it comes to buying a new family car, moms take the lead in the decision-making process, according to new research from Cars.com, using online search to make the process easier.
Three-quarters of moms (73%) say they are the "sole decision-maker" when it comes to choosing a new family car. That makes sense when you consider the multitude of tasks a family car has to perform.
Heading online to research a new or used car purchase was a popular starting point with 71% of moms agreeing that this channel makes the research process easier. However, two-thirds (68%) still said they prefer to conduct negotiations in person with a car dealership.
But, car dealers need to be aware that moms trust information they find online more than that given to them by dealers. Once convinced, however, dealers will find in moms a loyal customer. According to Jack Simmons, Manager of Dealer Training at Cars.com, "dealers need to go above and beyond to prove their authenticity and value" and that, by doing so, they will have made lifelong customers as 59% of moms prefer to go on to make multiple purchases from the same dealer.
"It's important for dealers to remember that moms have done the same amount of research, if not more, than any other customer before stepping onto the lot, and they're confident in their ability to navigate the car buying process," says Simmons.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...