News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile, Internet retailers to score big during FIFA World Cup
Research from VoucherCodes.co.uk shows the connection between how far the England team make it in the upcoming FIFA World Cup and how much will be spent on mobile and online.
According to VoucherCodes.co.uk, if England makes it to the second stage of the World Cup, which starts on 12 June, £38 million will be spent via mobile in the UK. However, if the England squad make it through to the finals that figure will more than double to £79 million.
Similarly, as fans spend their days stuck to the sofa watching the games on television, or on their tablets or desktop, Internet retailers will see an additional £174.71 million being spent online, mostly in home deliveries of food and drink. As with mobile, should the England team make it to the finals, that figure is expected to rise 110% to £367.49 million.
"The World Cup is going to be the biggest retail event in 2014, providing an expected £1.3 billion boost for UK retailers, pubs and clubs," said VoucherCodes.co.uk managing director Claire Davenport.
"With 23 million fans expected to celebrate England's successes by heading to the pub, upgrading to the latest TV or buying England memorabilia, the retail industry should think ahead and help fans by providing tailored World Cup deals and discounts."
Overall, the World Cup is estimated to generate a £1.3 billion sales boost for UK retailers, pubs and restaurants if England makes it through the second round rising to £2.58 billion if England makes it to the final - that's a spend of around £110 for each of the 23 million UK fans.
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How to ensure rogue apps aren't damaging to you
- Top tips to drive purchases
- Brands: How to protect yourself in the app space
- 25% of smartphone owners have used mobile wallet technology at least once
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
Featured White Papers
- 4 Simple Strategies to Find Time for Creative Work
As marketers, we know our best work is fueled by time to think, brainstorm and explore different directions. But in...
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....