News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile, Internet retailers to score big during FIFA World Cup
Research from VoucherCodes.co.uk shows the connection between how far the England team make it in the upcoming FIFA World Cup and how much will be spent on mobile and online.
According to VoucherCodes.co.uk, if England makes it to the second stage of the World Cup, which starts on 12 June, £38 million will be spent via mobile in the UK. However, if the England squad make it through to the finals that figure will more than double to £79 million.
Similarly, as fans spend their days stuck to the sofa watching the games on television, or on their tablets or desktop, Internet retailers will see an additional £174.71 million being spent online, mostly in home deliveries of food and drink. As with mobile, should the England team make it to the finals, that figure is expected to rise 110% to £367.49 million.
"The World Cup is going to be the biggest retail event in 2014, providing an expected £1.3 billion boost for UK retailers, pubs and clubs," said VoucherCodes.co.uk managing director Claire Davenport.
"With 23 million fans expected to celebrate England's successes by heading to the pub, upgrading to the latest TV or buying England memorabilia, the retail industry should think ahead and help fans by providing tailored World Cup deals and discounts."
Overall, the World Cup is estimated to generate a £1.3 billion sales boost for UK retailers, pubs and restaurants if England makes it through the second round rising to £2.58 billion if England makes it to the final - that's a spend of around £110 for each of the 23 million UK fans.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...