News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Manta: 83% of SMBs 'optimistic', 30% are hiring
Small businesses owners are optimistic about the remainder of 2014; that according to the new Manta Small Business Wellness Index. According to the report about one-third of SMBs have been hiring through the first half of 2014 with another one-third reporting they will begin hiring in the second half of the year.
What's more most (83%) report optimism about their business prospects at 2014 moves on. Millennials are leading the pack - with three-quarters reporting a successful beginning to 2014. Millennial SMB owners are also leading in hiring - about 40% say they've already made hired in 2014 while 52% say they will make new hires over the next six months.
"Though a challenging undertaking, there are invaluable rewards that come with being an entrepreneur. Millennials are demonstrating they're a new driving force behind the small business community," said John Swanciger, CEO, Manta. "It's no longer assumed that recent graduates will enter the traditional workforce. Companies will have to adjust as Millennials become a bigger force in the small business space."
Some key takeaways from the Manta report include:
• 72% of SMB owners say owning a business offers more freedom, independence
• 52% report freedom/independence a 'top reward'
• 39% say an Internet connection is their 'most important' tool, 32% say mobile devices are 'most important
• Just over one-quarter say the economy and finding new customers are top worries
"The fluctuating economy brings its share of challenges to my company's growth," said Kiel Krausen, Owner of Pitts Media. "Because of this challenge it's all the more important to turn to technology tools like Manta to help grow my business. Manta has helped increase my online presence to drive interest and get my company's name out there so I can network with business prospects and ultimately, drive revenue."
Image via Shutterstock
- Netflix dominates U.S. peak Internet traffic
- Omni-channel shopping putting pressure on stores to raise shopper engagement
- Big spending forecast for UK Black Friday
- Do you know why online shoppers abandon carts?
- Travel study reveals extent of travelers' frustration with poorly performing apps, websites
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...