News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Manta: 83% of SMBs 'optimistic', 30% are hiring
Small businesses owners are optimistic about the remainder of 2014; that according to the new Manta Small Business Wellness Index. According to the report about one-third of SMBs have been hiring through the first half of 2014 with another one-third reporting they will begin hiring in the second half of the year.
What's more most (83%) report optimism about their business prospects at 2014 moves on. Millennials are leading the pack - with three-quarters reporting a successful beginning to 2014. Millennial SMB owners are also leading in hiring - about 40% say they've already made hired in 2014 while 52% say they will make new hires over the next six months.
"Though a challenging undertaking, there are invaluable rewards that come with being an entrepreneur. Millennials are demonstrating they're a new driving force behind the small business community," said John Swanciger, CEO, Manta. "It's no longer assumed that recent graduates will enter the traditional workforce. Companies will have to adjust as Millennials become a bigger force in the small business space."
Some key takeaways from the Manta report include:
• 72% of SMB owners say owning a business offers more freedom, independence
• 52% report freedom/independence a 'top reward'
• 39% say an Internet connection is their 'most important' tool, 32% say mobile devices are 'most important
• Just over one-quarter say the economy and finding new customers are top worries
"The fluctuating economy brings its share of challenges to my company's growth," said Kiel Krausen, Owner of Pitts Media. "Because of this challenge it's all the more important to turn to technology tools like Manta to help grow my business. Manta has helped increase my online presence to drive interest and get my company's name out there so I can network with business prospects and ultimately, drive revenue."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Smartphone viewers more likely to click
- How technology can improve the classroom
- Campaign launched to increase awareness of role of ads in funding free online editorial
- Retail Internet of Things spend forecast to reach $2.5 billion by 2020
- Vloggers under-utilized by brand marketers targeting Millennials
- Report: Mobile web use doubles
- Ad Roundup: Tools to improve experience
- Study finds customer service key for BTS success
Featured White Papers
- Why Marketing Should Be Personal
Read our report, Why Marketing Should be Personal, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to learn why 700 marketers ranked personalization...
- Digital Trends 2015
Download the 2015 Digital Trends report, created in partnership with Econsultancy, to see the trends and tools you need to...