News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Manta: 83% of SMBs 'optimistic', 30% are hiring
Small businesses owners are optimistic about the remainder of 2014; that according to the new Manta Small Business Wellness Index. According to the report about one-third of SMBs have been hiring through the first half of 2014 with another one-third reporting they will begin hiring in the second half of the year.
What's more most (83%) report optimism about their business prospects at 2014 moves on. Millennials are leading the pack - with three-quarters reporting a successful beginning to 2014. Millennial SMB owners are also leading in hiring - about 40% say they've already made hired in 2014 while 52% say they will make new hires over the next six months.
"Though a challenging undertaking, there are invaluable rewards that come with being an entrepreneur. Millennials are demonstrating they're a new driving force behind the small business community," said John Swanciger, CEO, Manta. "It's no longer assumed that recent graduates will enter the traditional workforce. Companies will have to adjust as Millennials become a bigger force in the small business space."
Some key takeaways from the Manta report include:
• 72% of SMB owners say owning a business offers more freedom, independence
• 52% report freedom/independence a 'top reward'
• 39% say an Internet connection is their 'most important' tool, 32% say mobile devices are 'most important
• Just over one-quarter say the economy and finding new customers are top worries
"The fluctuating economy brings its share of challenges to my company's growth," said Kiel Krausen, Owner of Pitts Media. "Because of this challenge it's all the more important to turn to technology tools like Manta to help grow my business. Manta has helped increase my online presence to drive interest and get my company's name out there so I can network with business prospects and ultimately, drive revenue."
Image via Shutterstock
- Forecast: More to invest in multi-screen ads
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
- Air passengers demand constant connectivity and fast in-flight Wi-Fi
- Power Users + Loyal Users = App Stickiness
- Shareaholic: Quarter of website traffic driven by Facebook
- B2B firms struggling with content marketing
- Brands piggy-backing on major events not guaranteed success
Featured White Papers
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...