News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
iBeacon data reveals increased app usage in-store
The launch of beacons had many concerned that mobile users would become frustrated and inundated and end up deleting the relevant apps but new statistics released by iBeacon third-party supplier inMarket reveals this is not the case.
Since they started to send out iBeacon notifications, inMarket has observed that interactions with advertising products, app engagement and app retention have risen.
inMarket has seen a 19x increase in the number of users interacting with advertised products. Those ads might otherwise have gone unnoticed had it not been for inMarket's push notifications that engage mobile users at the right place at the right time.
Furthermore, inMarket has seen app engagement rise. Among iBeacon users app usage is up 16.5x than among those who do not use iBeacon.
Those who receive iBeacon notifications are also 6.4x more likely to retain an app on their mobile phone. Previous surveys have shown that many mobile users tend to download an app, use it once or twice, and then discard it.
inMarket CEO Todd Dipaola told TechCrunch that this new data highlights that the correct implementation of beacons means they will soon become a common and welcome feature of in-store shopping for many consumers.
"There will be some winners and losers in rolling out successful beacon strategies," said Dipaola. "The winners will help your phone behave like a concierge with personalized answers and advice just as you need it. Others who try to make phones into a used car salesman and send pushes just because they can, will have trouble reaching an audience."
Image via Shutterstock
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
- Top 3 tips for a more earth friendly marketing campaign
- Local Brands: Why SEO needs an upgrade
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...