News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
iBeacon data reveals increased app usage in-store
The launch of beacons had many concerned that mobile users would become frustrated and inundated and end up deleting the relevant apps but new statistics released by iBeacon third-party supplier inMarket reveals this is not the case.
Since they started to send out iBeacon notifications, inMarket has observed that interactions with advertising products, app engagement and app retention have risen.
inMarket has seen a 19x increase in the number of users interacting with advertised products. Those ads might otherwise have gone unnoticed had it not been for inMarket's push notifications that engage mobile users at the right place at the right time.
Furthermore, inMarket has seen app engagement rise. Among iBeacon users app usage is up 16.5x than among those who do not use iBeacon.
Those who receive iBeacon notifications are also 6.4x more likely to retain an app on their mobile phone. Previous surveys have shown that many mobile users tend to download an app, use it once or twice, and then discard it.
inMarket CEO Todd Dipaola told TechCrunch that this new data highlights that the correct implementation of beacons means they will soon become a common and welcome feature of in-store shopping for many consumers.
"There will be some winners and losers in rolling out successful beacon strategies," said Dipaola. "The winners will help your phone behave like a concierge with personalized answers and advice just as you need it. Others who try to make phones into a used car salesman and send pushes just because they can, will have trouble reaching an audience."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...