News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
iBeacon data reveals increased app usage in-store
The launch of beacons had many concerned that mobile users would become frustrated and inundated and end up deleting the relevant apps but new statistics released by iBeacon third-party supplier inMarket reveals this is not the case.
Since they started to send out iBeacon notifications, inMarket has observed that interactions with advertising products, app engagement and app retention have risen.
inMarket has seen a 19x increase in the number of users interacting with advertised products. Those ads might otherwise have gone unnoticed had it not been for inMarket's push notifications that engage mobile users at the right place at the right time.
Furthermore, inMarket has seen app engagement rise. Among iBeacon users app usage is up 16.5x than among those who do not use iBeacon.
Those who receive iBeacon notifications are also 6.4x more likely to retain an app on their mobile phone. Previous surveys have shown that many mobile users tend to download an app, use it once or twice, and then discard it.
inMarket CEO Todd Dipaola told TechCrunch that this new data highlights that the correct implementation of beacons means they will soon become a common and welcome feature of in-store shopping for many consumers.
"There will be some winners and losers in rolling out successful beacon strategies," said Dipaola. "The winners will help your phone behave like a concierge with personalized answers and advice just as you need it. Others who try to make phones into a used car salesman and send pushes just because they can, will have trouble reaching an audience."
Image via Shutterstock
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...