News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
iBeacon data reveals increased app usage in-store
The launch of beacons had many concerned that mobile users would become frustrated and inundated and end up deleting the relevant apps but new statistics released by iBeacon third-party supplier inMarket reveals this is not the case.
Since they started to send out iBeacon notifications, inMarket has observed that interactions with advertising products, app engagement and app retention have risen.
inMarket has seen a 19x increase in the number of users interacting with advertised products. Those ads might otherwise have gone unnoticed had it not been for inMarket's push notifications that engage mobile users at the right place at the right time.
Furthermore, inMarket has seen app engagement rise. Among iBeacon users app usage is up 16.5x than among those who do not use iBeacon.
Those who receive iBeacon notifications are also 6.4x more likely to retain an app on their mobile phone. Previous surveys have shown that many mobile users tend to download an app, use it once or twice, and then discard it.
inMarket CEO Todd Dipaola told TechCrunch that this new data highlights that the correct implementation of beacons means they will soon become a common and welcome feature of in-store shopping for many consumers.
"There will be some winners and losers in rolling out successful beacon strategies," said Dipaola. "The winners will help your phone behave like a concierge with personalized answers and advice just as you need it. Others who try to make phones into a used car salesman and send pushes just because they can, will have trouble reaching an audience."
Image via Shutterstock
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....