News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
iBeacon data reveals increased app usage in-store
The launch of beacons had many concerned that mobile users would become frustrated and inundated and end up deleting the relevant apps but new statistics released by iBeacon third-party supplier inMarket reveals this is not the case.
Since they started to send out iBeacon notifications, inMarket has observed that interactions with advertising products, app engagement and app retention have risen.
inMarket has seen a 19x increase in the number of users interacting with advertised products. Those ads might otherwise have gone unnoticed had it not been for inMarket's push notifications that engage mobile users at the right place at the right time.
Furthermore, inMarket has seen app engagement rise. Among iBeacon users app usage is up 16.5x than among those who do not use iBeacon.
Those who receive iBeacon notifications are also 6.4x more likely to retain an app on their mobile phone. Previous surveys have shown that many mobile users tend to download an app, use it once or twice, and then discard it.
inMarket CEO Todd Dipaola told TechCrunch that this new data highlights that the correct implementation of beacons means they will soon become a common and welcome feature of in-store shopping for many consumers.
"There will be some winners and losers in rolling out successful beacon strategies," said Dipaola. "The winners will help your phone behave like a concierge with personalized answers and advice just as you need it. Others who try to make phones into a used car salesman and send pushes just because they can, will have trouble reaching an audience."
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
- Study: Sales, marketing disconnect resulting in bad customer experience
- UK businesses failing to consistently and effectively employ social for customer support
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...