News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Hotel booking app unlocks the power of NFC technology
In an industry first, last-minute mobile-only hotel booking app HotelTonight has launched new features that allow users to check-in to their hotel and unlock their hotel room.
No more hanging around in hotel lobbies for users of HotelTonight. The hotel booking app can now allow mobile check-in and even unlock your hotel room door for you.
With just two taps on the app, HotelTonight users will be notified when their room is ready after which they can go to reception to pick up their room keys.
Where available, HotelTonight will also feature a keyless entry feature to enable users to bypass hotel reception when their room is ready. By holding their mobile device to the electronic door lock, with the app open, the door will automatically unlock within a matter of seconds.
The keyless entry works via NFC technology on the Android app using an API from Brivo Labs. HotelTonight is still in talks in global hotel chains before this feature will be rolled out.
HotelTonight has been up and running for three years during which time it has garnered 10,000 hotel partners in more than 400 destinations across 27 countries. The free app has been downloaded more than 10 million times, and is available on iOS, Android and Windows devices.
Image via Shutterstock
- Shoppers using mobile for BTS shopping
- Study: Most consumers satisfied with e-gift card buys
- Mobile's role in back to school shopping on the rise
- Report reveals tablet preferences and ownership differences between UK, US, and Oz
- Top 3 tips to improve SMS strategy
- Ecommerce Roundup: Platforms to simplify connection
- Reports: Price to factor in most Back to School purchases
- Survey: SMB owners still deciding their vote
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...