News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Forecast: Spending on Dad will be up this year
A forecast just out from BrandKeys indicates kids will be spending a little more on dear ol' dad this year. About 7% more, as a matter of fact. While Mom still rules, kids are expected to spend about $145 on Dad this year.
"That's the precise increase we saw for Mother's Day spending this year," said Robert Passikoff, founder and president, Brand Keys.
As for what they'll buy, the survey indicates about 45% of dad will get gift cards while about one-quarter will receive clothing or tools. Just over 40% of kids will shop department stores while 36% are expected to buy at discount stores and 35% will buy gifts online.
Meanwhile, new data from The Retail Gift Card Association finds 100% of American's surveyed in their report have used a gift card in the past year while 77% have given a gift card. About 21% offered Mom gift cards to restaurants for Mother's Day while 23% say they'll give Dad a home improvement store gift card for Father's Day.
"Our survey showed that gift cards remain popular choices for two key reasons: gift givers can be assured recipients will be able to purchase what they want, and the cards are convenient for recipients since they can be spent in-store, online or on their mobile phones," said Mary Donovan, Executive Director of the RGCA. "Consumers have a lot of options, but they're confident that gift cards deliver. With more than two thirds of Americans planning to give gift cards this season, it would be wise for retailers to ramp up their card marketing efforts for the spring and summer gifting months."
Image via Shutterstock
- Location accuracy analysis reveals improvement for mobile ad campaigns
- Research reveals Millennials' attitudes toward brands
- Survey: Online, offline shopping experiences 'merging'
- Message Systems flips email to up engagement
- Marketers beware - research your target market or risk stereotyping
- Google: U.S government user data requests up 250% since 2009
- Survey reveals general reluctance to pay for online content and apps
- Report: Online communities growing in importance
Featured White Papers
- Why the Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
Do you want to see why marketers are outsourcing their writing? Read this white paper to learn how external writers...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...
- The Social Hunger: Why Your Audience Feasts on Social Integration
For the past few years, marketers have 'woken up' to consumers who have the power to express their views anytime...
- The 8 Critical Metrics for Measuring App User Engagement
Measuring and optimizing for the right engagement metrics is the key to attaining and keeping users. Whether your business model...