News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook looks outside of socnet to better target ads
Facebook users don't mind seeing ads on the social network, as long as those ads are relevant. While Facebook currently discovers users' interests via activity on the social network, that is set to change.
Facebook will soon begin using users' browsing activity outside the social network to target ads. This will be the first time Facebook has strayed outside of the network's boundaries to influence targeted ads.
The company announced the changes to targeted advertising late last week.
"Today, we learn about your interests primarily from the things you do on Facebook, such as Pages you Like," says Facebook in a blog post. "Starting soon in the US, we will also include information from some of the websites and apps you use."
In the same blog post, Facebook announced they are giving users more control over the ads they see with the introduction of an ad preference tool. The tool will be accessible from all ads on Facebook and will allow users to add and remove interests to further tailor their ad experience on the network.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...