News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook looks outside of socnet to better target ads
Facebook users don't mind seeing ads on the social network, as long as those ads are relevant. While Facebook currently discovers users' interests via activity on the social network, that is set to change.
Facebook will soon begin using users' browsing activity outside the social network to target ads. This will be the first time Facebook has strayed outside of the network's boundaries to influence targeted ads.
The company announced the changes to targeted advertising late last week.
"Today, we learn about your interests primarily from the things you do on Facebook, such as Pages you Like," says Facebook in a blog post. "Starting soon in the US, we will also include information from some of the websites and apps you use."
In the same blog post, Facebook announced they are giving users more control over the ads they see with the introduction of an ad preference tool. The tool will be accessible from all ads on Facebook and will allow users to add and remove interests to further tailor their ad experience on the network.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...