News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Email newsletters top news source for business executives
The world's smartest and busiest business leaders consume and share news every day and, according to a new study from Quartz Insights, the first channel they turn to is email newsletters.
Almost 1,000 executives from the top tiers of their respective organizations were surveyed for Quartz's Global Executive Study. It found that email was one of their first three news sources checked each day - 60% of top execs read an email newsletter compared with 43% who accessed news via mobile web, 28% opened a news app and just 16% visited a news website on a desktop.
For sources of industry-specific news, email newsletters also ranked first (56%) followed by industry/general news websites (55%), content produced by individuals in the industry (31%), information published by companies in the industry (24%) and industry news sites' social media accounts (24%).
Executives that share information are, once again, most likely to use email to do so - 80% - compared to 43% via Twitter and 34% via Facebook and even 22% via sharing in person.
Overall, the executives surveyed were a very active on their mobile devices - half took the survey on such a device and 61% said the majority of their news consumption was via mobile (41% smartphones/20% tablets).
Other key findings from the report include:
- 61% subscribe to magazines and newspapers but just 3% said print was a primary source of news;
- Three-quarters spend half and hour or more a day catching up with the news while for 44% this is an activity they carry out first thing in the morning;
- Just over a third pay for digital news (37%).
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...