News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Email newsletters top news source for business executives
The world's smartest and busiest business leaders consume and share news every day and, according to a new study from Quartz Insights, the first channel they turn to is email newsletters.
Almost 1,000 executives from the top tiers of their respective organizations were surveyed for Quartz's Global Executive Study. It found that email was one of their first three news sources checked each day - 60% of top execs read an email newsletter compared with 43% who accessed news via mobile web, 28% opened a news app and just 16% visited a news website on a desktop.
For sources of industry-specific news, email newsletters also ranked first (56%) followed by industry/general news websites (55%), content produced by individuals in the industry (31%), information published by companies in the industry (24%) and industry news sites' social media accounts (24%).
Executives that share information are, once again, most likely to use email to do so - 80% - compared to 43% via Twitter and 34% via Facebook and even 22% via sharing in person.
Overall, the executives surveyed were a very active on their mobile devices - half took the survey on such a device and 61% said the majority of their news consumption was via mobile (41% smartphones/20% tablets).
Other key findings from the report include:
- 61% subscribe to magazines and newspapers but just 3% said print was a primary source of news;
- Three-quarters spend half and hour or more a day catching up with the news while for 44% this is an activity they carry out first thing in the morning;
- Just over a third pay for digital news (37%).
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...