News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Email newsletters top news source for business executives
The world's smartest and busiest business leaders consume and share news every day and, according to a new study from Quartz Insights, the first channel they turn to is email newsletters.
Almost 1,000 executives from the top tiers of their respective organizations were surveyed for Quartz's Global Executive Study. It found that email was one of their first three news sources checked each day - 60% of top execs read an email newsletter compared with 43% who accessed news via mobile web, 28% opened a news app and just 16% visited a news website on a desktop.
For sources of industry-specific news, email newsletters also ranked first (56%) followed by industry/general news websites (55%), content produced by individuals in the industry (31%), information published by companies in the industry (24%) and industry news sites' social media accounts (24%).
Executives that share information are, once again, most likely to use email to do so - 80% - compared to 43% via Twitter and 34% via Facebook and even 22% via sharing in person.
Overall, the executives surveyed were a very active on their mobile devices - half took the survey on such a device and 61% said the majority of their news consumption was via mobile (41% smartphones/20% tablets).
Other key findings from the report include:
- 61% subscribe to magazines and newspapers but just 3% said print was a primary source of news;
- Three-quarters spend half and hour or more a day catching up with the news while for 44% this is an activity they carry out first thing in the morning;
- Just over a third pay for digital news (37%).
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Nearly one-third say they 'don't do enough' to internationalize their business
- Millennials say the right content drives brand loyalty
- Consumers not impressed by engagement of branded apps
- Online shoppers excited about possibility of drone deliveries
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- 45% of marketers to invest in events during 2015
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
Featured White Papers
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...