News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Drive mobile marketing engagement with value-laden messages
Mobile engagement and analytics firm, Hipcricket, has released data showing that despite most mobile users having received mobile alerts or text messages from a brand, few provided content that was relevant or useful.
Two-thirds (66%) of the 1,202 U.S. adults involved in Hipcricket's study said that, in the six months prior to being surveyed, they had received a mobile alert or text message from a brand or business.
However, less than half of those found that mobile communication to be useful. According to 52%, the messages felt "intrusive or spammy" and 46% said the messages were not relevant.
While consumers are now actively engaging with brands and businesses via mobile, Hipcricket's research highlights the need for mobile marketers to offer consumers something of value. Indeed, 41% of survey respondents said they would be more likely to share information such as location or demographics data in exchange for something of value such as coupons or offers.
"This data, properly analyzed, can unlock a treasure trove of information that drives more personalized, relevant mobile marketing," said Doug Stovall, chief operating officer at Hipcricket. "Companies that can synthesize and apply data to present the correct offer at the correct time are going to win at mobile marketing. Those that don't risk backlash from dissatisfied customers who will turn to other brands that can provide the information they seek."
Image via Shutterstock
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...