News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Drive mobile marketing engagement with value-laden messages
Mobile engagement and analytics firm, Hipcricket, has released data showing that despite most mobile users having received mobile alerts or text messages from a brand, few provided content that was relevant or useful.
Two-thirds (66%) of the 1,202 U.S. adults involved in Hipcricket's study said that, in the six months prior to being surveyed, they had received a mobile alert or text message from a brand or business.
However, less than half of those found that mobile communication to be useful. According to 52%, the messages felt "intrusive or spammy" and 46% said the messages were not relevant.
While consumers are now actively engaging with brands and businesses via mobile, Hipcricket's research highlights the need for mobile marketers to offer consumers something of value. Indeed, 41% of survey respondents said they would be more likely to share information such as location or demographics data in exchange for something of value such as coupons or offers.
"This data, properly analyzed, can unlock a treasure trove of information that drives more personalized, relevant mobile marketing," said Doug Stovall, chief operating officer at Hipcricket. "Companies that can synthesize and apply data to present the correct offer at the correct time are going to win at mobile marketing. Those that don't risk backlash from dissatisfied customers who will turn to other brands that can provide the information they seek."
Image via Shutterstock
- Big spending forecast for UK Black Friday
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...