News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Drive mobile marketing engagement with value-laden messages
Mobile engagement and analytics firm, Hipcricket, has released data showing that despite most mobile users having received mobile alerts or text messages from a brand, few provided content that was relevant or useful.
Two-thirds (66%) of the 1,202 U.S. adults involved in Hipcricket's study said that, in the six months prior to being surveyed, they had received a mobile alert or text message from a brand or business.
However, less than half of those found that mobile communication to be useful. According to 52%, the messages felt "intrusive or spammy" and 46% said the messages were not relevant.
While consumers are now actively engaging with brands and businesses via mobile, Hipcricket's research highlights the need for mobile marketers to offer consumers something of value. Indeed, 41% of survey respondents said they would be more likely to share information such as location or demographics data in exchange for something of value such as coupons or offers.
"This data, properly analyzed, can unlock a treasure trove of information that drives more personalized, relevant mobile marketing," said Doug Stovall, chief operating officer at Hipcricket. "Companies that can synthesize and apply data to present the correct offer at the correct time are going to win at mobile marketing. Those that don't risk backlash from dissatisfied customers who will turn to other brands that can provide the information they seek."
Image via Shutterstock
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....