News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Confidence and motivation high among Australian digital marketers
Digital marketers Down Under are on top of their game, according to a new survey by the Interactive Advertising Bureau (Australia), when compared with their counterparts in other countries.
Australian digital marketers are more confident and motivated than their contemporaries in the U.S. and U.K., and even globally, according to IAB Australia's survey.
A third (36%) of Australian marketers said they felt "completely confident" in the execution of digital marketing campaigns compared to 35% in the U.K., 21% in the U.S. and 33% globally. Australians also felt more confident in delivering display advertising related marketing activities with 40% feeling "completely confident" compared to 30% in the U.K. and 20% in the U.S.
Eighty percent of Australians also said they were very motivated to expand their digital marketing skills. Again, this is more than those in the U.S. (70%) and the U.K. (69%).
Despite a big difference between the U.K. and Australia in terms of mobile advertising's share of display advertising (U.K 23% / Australia 14%), confidence levels in delivering mobile marketing activities was far higher in Australia (31%) than in the U.K. (21%).
Social media marketing was the only area in which confidence levels in the U.K. were higher than those in Australia. Thirty-nine percent of marketers in the U.K. were "completely confident" in this activity compared with 34% in Australia and globally.
The IAB Australia has just launched a Video Advertising Council. Video is one of the country's fastest growing areas of digital advertising and the group has been set up to drive debate and boost awareness.
"The potential growth of the digital video market in Australia is indisputable and the Video Advertising Council will be actively focusing on making video ad trading easier and more effective," said IAB Australia CEO, Alice Manners.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...