News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Cartonomy: Social shopping cart helps moms save time, money
There is a good reason why I often send my husband to do the grocery shopping. Men stick to what's on the list. New research from Cartonomy backs up this behavior and reveals that women rarely stick to a list and end up overspending due to in-store distractions. What's the solution? A social shopping cart.
According to new research released today from social shopping solutions firm Cartonomy women, and more especially moms, who head out to do the grocery shopping usually end up overspending on unplanned items.
The '2014 Shop of Mom Report' reveals that 42% of moms say they end up buying unnecessary items and that can cost them a lot of extra cash. One in four find themselves overspending to the tune of at least $50 every time they go to the store - for a mom that shops on a weekly basis that's a whopping $2,600 in unplanned spending each year. Furthermore, 7% of moms that overspend can do so to the tune of $100.
Cartonomy's report also found that:
- 25% of moms whose kids create conflicts during family trips to the store cause mom to waste at least half a hour each trip;
- More than a quarter (28%) of moms are so rushed during their regular family shop that they fail to notice significant cost-saving deals;
- 63% of those Americans interested in group shopping would be more likely to do so if they could be guaranteed the best prices or special online-only deals.
According to Jack Lowinger, CEO of social shopping cart Cartonomy, today's mom has to battle distractions of having kids in tow and contend with impulse purchasing generated by store displays. What moms really need, says Lowinger, is "an easier, more customized and collaborative shopping experience tailored to them and the needs of their families".
That's where Cartonomy comes in. The social shopping cart enables moms to prepare a shopping list with the help of the rest of the family and then shop effectively online by using built-in price comparisons. Cartonomy also allows mom to administrate the purchases added by others in the family to ensure there are no excessive or unnecessary products added.
"Overall, collaborative group shopping online is a much more viable alternative to routine family shopping trips to physical retail stores, as it helps moms navigate around costly unplanned purchases or unexpected delays," says Lowinger. "It is also a great way to take the benefits of online shopping to the group level, opening mom's shopping cart to the whole family without the need to share logins or credit card numbers."
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips to ensure content is global-ready
- Survey: SMBs missing out by not being online
- Report: State of mobile travel
- PayPal wants users to eat their (pass)words
- 'Visually wired' disposition behind massive rise in infographic use
- Half of British consumers believe drone deliveries will never happen
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...