News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: What loyalty program members really want
Think you're winning the loyalty war? Or could you make that program more integral to shoppers' everyday lives, building higher engagement through more effective messaging and campaigns? A new infographic from Key Ring, a part of G/O Digital, a Gannett company, offers suggestions:
Do you think offering points as a rewards incentive is the best way to increase shopper engagement? Think again. A new infographic out from Key Ring may offer brands' insight into their rewards programs. Their findings:
• 41% of rewards members prefer discount programs which reward only them
• 39% prefer fixed rewards - like punchcards that offer a free meal after eating with a restaurant a certain number of times
• 37% prefer lifetime perks - discounts which add value to shopping visits
• 34% prefer points which can be added up to get free merchandise or trips
The data also shows that shoppers aren't joining programs because they don't shop with a brand frequently enough to make the program worthwhile (74%) while about one third said they haven't joining a program because it offers 'no long term value' or because there are no sign-up incentives. Meanwhile about half of program members are falling off the radar after the first year of being in a program.
How can brands make their program more user friendly and beneficial so that shoppers keep coming back? Key Ring's suggestions include:
• Make it social - allow members to share reward program details via socnets or referrals, and reward them for doing so
• Plan the campaign - data shows 65% of Key Ring users plan shopping trips during the week but 90% shop on the weekend
• Make it mobile - nearly three-quarters of mobile users say they'd like mobile access for their reward programs
Image via Shutterstock
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...