News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: What loyalty program members really want
Think you're winning the loyalty war? Or could you make that program more integral to shoppers' everyday lives, building higher engagement through more effective messaging and campaigns? A new infographic from Key Ring, a part of G/O Digital, a Gannett company, offers suggestions:
Do you think offering points as a rewards incentive is the best way to increase shopper engagement? Think again. A new infographic out from Key Ring may offer brands' insight into their rewards programs. Their findings:
• 41% of rewards members prefer discount programs which reward only them
• 39% prefer fixed rewards - like punchcards that offer a free meal after eating with a restaurant a certain number of times
• 37% prefer lifetime perks - discounts which add value to shopping visits
• 34% prefer points which can be added up to get free merchandise or trips
The data also shows that shoppers aren't joining programs because they don't shop with a brand frequently enough to make the program worthwhile (74%) while about one third said they haven't joining a program because it offers 'no long term value' or because there are no sign-up incentives. Meanwhile about half of program members are falling off the radar after the first year of being in a program.
How can brands make their program more user friendly and beneficial so that shoppers keep coming back? Key Ring's suggestions include:
• Make it social - allow members to share reward program details via socnets or referrals, and reward them for doing so
• Plan the campaign - data shows 65% of Key Ring users plan shopping trips during the week but 90% shop on the weekend
• Make it mobile - nearly three-quarters of mobile users say they'd like mobile access for their reward programs
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...