News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: What loyalty program members really want
Think you're winning the loyalty war? Or could you make that program more integral to shoppers' everyday lives, building higher engagement through more effective messaging and campaigns? A new infographic from Key Ring, a part of G/O Digital, a Gannett company, offers suggestions:
Do you think offering points as a rewards incentive is the best way to increase shopper engagement? Think again. A new infographic out from Key Ring may offer brands' insight into their rewards programs. Their findings:
• 41% of rewards members prefer discount programs which reward only them
• 39% prefer fixed rewards - like punchcards that offer a free meal after eating with a restaurant a certain number of times
• 37% prefer lifetime perks - discounts which add value to shopping visits
• 34% prefer points which can be added up to get free merchandise or trips
The data also shows that shoppers aren't joining programs because they don't shop with a brand frequently enough to make the program worthwhile (74%) while about one third said they haven't joining a program because it offers 'no long term value' or because there are no sign-up incentives. Meanwhile about half of program members are falling off the radar after the first year of being in a program.
How can brands make their program more user friendly and beneficial so that shoppers keep coming back? Key Ring's suggestions include:
• Make it social - allow members to share reward program details via socnets or referrals, and reward them for doing so
• Plan the campaign - data shows 65% of Key Ring users plan shopping trips during the week but 90% shop on the weekend
• Make it mobile - nearly three-quarters of mobile users say they'd like mobile access for their reward programs
Image via Shutterstock
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
- Online shoppers overwhelmed by choice
- Smartwatches: time for a new ad format
- Translation challenges stymying online communication
- Mobile Roundup: Commerce, security options released
- Playlists the perfect target for brands on Spotify
- 25% of SMBs have no website
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...