News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: What loyalty program members really want
Think you're winning the loyalty war? Or could you make that program more integral to shoppers' everyday lives, building higher engagement through more effective messaging and campaigns? A new infographic from Key Ring, a part of G/O Digital, a Gannett company, offers suggestions:
Do you think offering points as a rewards incentive is the best way to increase shopper engagement? Think again. A new infographic out from Key Ring may offer brands' insight into their rewards programs. Their findings:
• 41% of rewards members prefer discount programs which reward only them
• 39% prefer fixed rewards - like punchcards that offer a free meal after eating with a restaurant a certain number of times
• 37% prefer lifetime perks - discounts which add value to shopping visits
• 34% prefer points which can be added up to get free merchandise or trips
The data also shows that shoppers aren't joining programs because they don't shop with a brand frequently enough to make the program worthwhile (74%) while about one third said they haven't joining a program because it offers 'no long term value' or because there are no sign-up incentives. Meanwhile about half of program members are falling off the radar after the first year of being in a program.
How can brands make their program more user friendly and beneficial so that shoppers keep coming back? Key Ring's suggestions include:
• Make it social - allow members to share reward program details via socnets or referrals, and reward them for doing so
• Plan the campaign - data shows 65% of Key Ring users plan shopping trips during the week but 90% shop on the weekend
• Make it mobile - nearly three-quarters of mobile users say they'd like mobile access for their reward programs
Image via Shutterstock
- Webrooming parents heading to physical stores for back-to-school purchases
- 43% of all traffic to travel websites now comes from mobile
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...