News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: How contextualization increases engagement
When it comes to the Web, marketers need the ability to capture and apply data-driven insights, which are generated when consumers visit a brand's Web and mobile sites. Then, a wide variety of contextual information can be brokered to offer consumers immediate and actionable options and relevant offerings depending on the device used, time of day, language, browsing history and various other contexts, to always deliver an optimized customer experience.
Kristina: Why is contextualization so important in the customer experience, and why specifically when it comes to the Web?
Paige O'Neill, CMO, SDL: For today's marketer, success is directly linked to the ability to consistently deliver meaningful, relevant customer experiences. In a world where consumers use multiple devices during their multi-touch customer journeys, brands need to understand each customer's current context and needs, anticipate their next steps and act accordingly to ensure a relevant, engaging experience. Across all interactive efforts, context drives the engagement and value of customer interactions.
Kristina: What challenges do brands face in achieving the desired level of contextualization to Web visitors?
Paige: Organizations often rely on multiple technologies to provide the relevant data points needed to drive the customer experience. However, these systems often lack seamless integration with each other, resulting in ineffective and sporadic campaign approaches along with a disjointed brand experience.
Kristina: How can organizations overcome these obstacles to provide hyper-relevant Web experiences to consumers?
Paige: To provide hyper-relevant Web experiences to consumers, brands need access to the full context of every customer interaction in one place. Even more, data should be leveraged to customize each interaction and meet the individual needs of the customer, ultimately building brand loyalty for the enterprise. To accomplish this, brands must:
• Use a shared, data-driven approach to enable marketers to easily deliver great experiences for both known and anonymous visitors;
• Create optimized experiences through continuous, automatic interaction cycles;
• Deliver contextually relevant experiences while leveraging content, rich media and data from the widest array of sources;
• Leverage a shared Context layer that captures, interprets and anticipates contextual visitor behavior that is crucial for an optimized online experience;
• Act on customer insight from historical, social and behavioral data to engage customers one-to-one across multiple channels, languages and devices.
Image via Shutterstock
- Consumer engagement with mobile ads on the rise
- Android dominates smartphone market
- How to tell if social is right for your brand
- Ecomm Roundup: Faster checkouts and better personalization
- Top 3 tips to use data better this holiday season
- Microbusinesses dipping into personal savings
- British consumers will give up more personal data for discounts, free delivery
- How dark social can impact brand
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...