News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands: How contextualization increases engagement
When it comes to the Web, marketers need the ability to capture and apply data-driven insights, which are generated when consumers visit a brand's Web and mobile sites. Then, a wide variety of contextual information can be brokered to offer consumers immediate and actionable options and relevant offerings depending on the device used, time of day, language, browsing history and various other contexts, to always deliver an optimized customer experience.
Kristina: Why is contextualization so important in the customer experience, and why specifically when it comes to the Web?
Paige O'Neill, CMO, SDL: For today's marketer, success is directly linked to the ability to consistently deliver meaningful, relevant customer experiences. In a world where consumers use multiple devices during their multi-touch customer journeys, brands need to understand each customer's current context and needs, anticipate their next steps and act accordingly to ensure a relevant, engaging experience. Across all interactive efforts, context drives the engagement and value of customer interactions.
Kristina: What challenges do brands face in achieving the desired level of contextualization to Web visitors?
Paige: Organizations often rely on multiple technologies to provide the relevant data points needed to drive the customer experience. However, these systems often lack seamless integration with each other, resulting in ineffective and sporadic campaign approaches along with a disjointed brand experience.
Kristina: How can organizations overcome these obstacles to provide hyper-relevant Web experiences to consumers?
Paige: To provide hyper-relevant Web experiences to consumers, brands need access to the full context of every customer interaction in one place. Even more, data should be leveraged to customize each interaction and meet the individual needs of the customer, ultimately building brand loyalty for the enterprise. To accomplish this, brands must:
• Use a shared, data-driven approach to enable marketers to easily deliver great experiences for both known and anonymous visitors;
• Create optimized experiences through continuous, automatic interaction cycles;
• Deliver contextually relevant experiences while leveraging content, rich media and data from the widest array of sources;
• Leverage a shared Context layer that captures, interprets and anticipates contextual visitor behavior that is crucial for an optimized online experience;
• Act on customer insight from historical, social and behavioral data to engage customers one-to-one across multiple channels, languages and devices.
Image via Shutterstock
- Consumers prefer human touch for insurance buying, claims
- Study: Digital strategy not properly defined
- Expert: User engagement trumps viewability
- Combining contextual marketing and demographics gives 3D-view of consumer
- Research warns marketers to consider social media followers' diverse network
- Ad Roundup: Tools for content, collaboration
- Leisure travel most popular discretionary spending category in UK
- Ad Roundup: Data, ecommerce tools
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...