News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Advertising Roundup: Data, data, data
Data is key to two new releases in the ecommerce ad space. Signal and Mirror Image are upgrading how brands collect and use data to better engage consumers. Here's how:
First, BrightTag is re-branding to Signal with the launch of their new Open Data Platform; the suite of tools allows businesses to collect data and connect with consumers to push engagement loyalty and conversions.
"Signal works with leading brands around the world that tell us they've typically invested in about 17 different marketing technologies to the tune of tens of millions of dollars," said Mike Sands, Signal's President and CEO. "These technologies are critical solutions for email, CRM, media, mobile, search marketing and more. But the process of integrating them is so daunting for marketers that few technologies actually are able to talk with one another."
Meanwhile, Mirror Image has extended the reach of their Edge Computing offerings to include big data. The Geo-Distributed Database service allows marketers to store, update and access proprietary data sets; the service uses real time GUID and cookie matching as well as contextual applications. The platform replicates and syncs customer data across the Mirror Image DDN.
"Mirror Image is excited to bring to market our new Geo-Distributed Database service to any company that has requirements to utilize their large data sets in real-time with their worldwide online and mobile applications," said Robert Andrews, Chief Operating Officer at Mirror Image. "The service replicates, synchronizes, and manages companies' large and growing data sets across our globally distributed network of database servers and results in the best end-user experience regardless of the visitor's location."
Image via Shutterstock
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
- Consumers prefer SMS to apps for brand communications
- Physical stores still popular with young fashion shoppers
- Britain has more female gamers than male
- Permission-based email marketers still finding inbox placement hard work
- Study: Mobile driving travel plans
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...