News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Advertising Roundup: Data, data, data
Data is key to two new releases in the ecommerce ad space. Signal and Mirror Image are upgrading how brands collect and use data to better engage consumers. Here's how:
First, BrightTag is re-branding to Signal with the launch of their new Open Data Platform; the suite of tools allows businesses to collect data and connect with consumers to push engagement loyalty and conversions.
"Signal works with leading brands around the world that tell us they've typically invested in about 17 different marketing technologies to the tune of tens of millions of dollars," said Mike Sands, Signal's President and CEO. "These technologies are critical solutions for email, CRM, media, mobile, search marketing and more. But the process of integrating them is so daunting for marketers that few technologies actually are able to talk with one another."
Meanwhile, Mirror Image has extended the reach of their Edge Computing offerings to include big data. The Geo-Distributed Database service allows marketers to store, update and access proprietary data sets; the service uses real time GUID and cookie matching as well as contextual applications. The platform replicates and syncs customer data across the Mirror Image DDN.
"Mirror Image is excited to bring to market our new Geo-Distributed Database service to any company that has requirements to utilize their large data sets in real-time with their worldwide online and mobile applications," said Robert Andrews, Chief Operating Officer at Mirror Image. "The service replicates, synchronizes, and manages companies' large and growing data sets across our globally distributed network of database servers and results in the best end-user experience regardless of the visitor's location."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...