News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Advertising Roundup: Data, data, data
Data is key to two new releases in the ecommerce ad space. Signal and Mirror Image are upgrading how brands collect and use data to better engage consumers. Here's how:
First, BrightTag is re-branding to Signal with the launch of their new Open Data Platform; the suite of tools allows businesses to collect data and connect with consumers to push engagement loyalty and conversions.
"Signal works with leading brands around the world that tell us they've typically invested in about 17 different marketing technologies to the tune of tens of millions of dollars," said Mike Sands, Signal's President and CEO. "These technologies are critical solutions for email, CRM, media, mobile, search marketing and more. But the process of integrating them is so daunting for marketers that few technologies actually are able to talk with one another."
Meanwhile, Mirror Image has extended the reach of their Edge Computing offerings to include big data. The Geo-Distributed Database service allows marketers to store, update and access proprietary data sets; the service uses real time GUID and cookie matching as well as contextual applications. The platform replicates and syncs customer data across the Mirror Image DDN.
"Mirror Image is excited to bring to market our new Geo-Distributed Database service to any company that has requirements to utilize their large data sets in real-time with their worldwide online and mobile applications," said Robert Andrews, Chief Operating Officer at Mirror Image. "The service replicates, synchronizes, and manages companies' large and growing data sets across our globally distributed network of database servers and results in the best end-user experience regardless of the visitor's location."
Image via Shutterstock
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
- Expert: How to turn data-rich into data-action
- Expert: 3 questions to ask before outsourcing
- Top retail brands' email marketing campaigns found wanting
- Retailers must consider tech expectations of in-store consumers
- Ad Roundup: Releases for social data, site understanding
- Best practices for a solid omnichannel strategy
- Five-fold YoY growth in contactless payment use in UK
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...