News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Advertising Roundup: Data, data, data
Data is key to two new releases in the ecommerce ad space. Signal and Mirror Image are upgrading how brands collect and use data to better engage consumers. Here's how:
First, BrightTag is re-branding to Signal with the launch of their new Open Data Platform; the suite of tools allows businesses to collect data and connect with consumers to push engagement loyalty and conversions.
"Signal works with leading brands around the world that tell us they've typically invested in about 17 different marketing technologies to the tune of tens of millions of dollars," said Mike Sands, Signal's President and CEO. "These technologies are critical solutions for email, CRM, media, mobile, search marketing and more. But the process of integrating them is so daunting for marketers that few technologies actually are able to talk with one another."
Meanwhile, Mirror Image has extended the reach of their Edge Computing offerings to include big data. The Geo-Distributed Database service allows marketers to store, update and access proprietary data sets; the service uses real time GUID and cookie matching as well as contextual applications. The platform replicates and syncs customer data across the Mirror Image DDN.
"Mirror Image is excited to bring to market our new Geo-Distributed Database service to any company that has requirements to utilize their large data sets in real-time with their worldwide online and mobile applications," said Robert Andrews, Chief Operating Officer at Mirror Image. "The service replicates, synchronizes, and manages companies' large and growing data sets across our globally distributed network of database servers and results in the best end-user experience regardless of the visitor's location."
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: Email, mobile key to retail success
- Expert: Data key for financial campaigns
- "Fat" ads slowing down publishers' websites
- IoT making impact on business but barriers remain
- CPG brands spending more on digital ads than traditional
- Mobile video content more effective on publishers' website than social
- Email open rate in UK higher on tablets than US
- IAB: No YoY rise in UK ad-blocking
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...