News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Active Android tablets to surpass iPad this year
Apple may have long dominated the global tablet market but new market research from ABI Research reveals that this year will see Android-based tablets take the lead.
The first quarter of this year witnessed a 30% drop in the number of tablets shipped compared with the same period in 2013. However, growth is expected to restart during the remainder of 2014 and, according to ABI Research, Android may take the lead.
"Tablet hardware sales from branded OEMs are likely to top US$85 billion this year," says ABI Senior Practice Director Jeff Orr. "We have yet to reach the top of the tablet market, and, with many world regions just now starting to adopt, the best is yet to come."
Taking into account all Android brands, ABI Research expect Android to have a larger installed base than iOS for the first time ever by the end of this year.
ABI Research are also quick to point out that Apple's iPad will remain the top individual brand with Samsung in second place. Together, Apple and Samsung will account for 70% of the market this year.
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: Why brands should consider the subscription box
- Retail trends to watch for 2017
- Expert: Tips for a more productive 2017
- Consumers more likely to click on ads featuring user-generated photography
- Personalized offers on mobile drive consumers in-store
- Marketers prioritizing social media for product launches
- Reports: Mobile hot but not everyone is buying
- Ad Roundup: Acquisition, launch to add layers of control
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...