News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Active Android tablets to surpass iPad this year
Apple may have long dominated the global tablet market but new market research from ABI Research reveals that this year will see Android-based tablets take the lead.
The first quarter of this year witnessed a 30% drop in the number of tablets shipped compared with the same period in 2013. However, growth is expected to restart during the remainder of 2014 and, according to ABI Research, Android may take the lead.
"Tablet hardware sales from branded OEMs are likely to top US$85 billion this year," says ABI Senior Practice Director Jeff Orr. "We have yet to reach the top of the tablet market, and, with many world regions just now starting to adopt, the best is yet to come."
Taking into account all Android brands, ABI Research expect Android to have a larger installed base than iOS for the first time ever by the end of this year.
ABI Research are also quick to point out that Apple's iPad will remain the top individual brand with Samsung in second place. Together, Apple and Samsung will account for 70% of the market this year.
Image via Shutterstock
- Mother's Day: Flowers a popular gift, but Mom wants tech
- UK: Online spending and deliveries break records
- Study: Nearly one-third say they 'don't do enough' to internationalize their business
- Millennials say the right content drives brand loyalty
- Consumers not impressed by engagement of branded apps
- Online shoppers excited about possibility of drone deliveries
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
Featured White Papers
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...