News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Active Android tablets to surpass iPad this year
Apple may have long dominated the global tablet market but new market research from ABI Research reveals that this year will see Android-based tablets take the lead.
The first quarter of this year witnessed a 30% drop in the number of tablets shipped compared with the same period in 2013. However, growth is expected to restart during the remainder of 2014 and, according to ABI Research, Android may take the lead.
"Tablet hardware sales from branded OEMs are likely to top US$85 billion this year," says ABI Senior Practice Director Jeff Orr. "We have yet to reach the top of the tablet market, and, with many world regions just now starting to adopt, the best is yet to come."
Taking into account all Android brands, ABI Research expect Android to have a larger installed base than iOS for the first time ever by the end of this year.
ABI Research are also quick to point out that Apple's iPad will remain the top individual brand with Samsung in second place. Together, Apple and Samsung will account for 70% of the market this year.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...