News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Video shares skyrocket within 3 days of launch
Nearly half of all video shares are happening within the first three days of a branded video launch. That according to new data from Unruly, which should video sharing has nearly doubled in the past year. Last year, during the study only about 25% of video shares happened within the first 3 days of launch.
The social space is making it simpler for consumers to share videos they find interesting, and that is pushing more video content to go viral. According to new data from the Unruly Social Diffusion Curve shows how quickly social sharing is pushing video:
• 1 day post-launch 18% of shares happen
• 65% of post-launch shares happen in the first week
• 42% of post-launch shares happen in the first 3 days
During the 2013 study, the numbers were quite different:
• 10% of shares on Day 2
• 25% of shares within 3 days
• 37% of shares by the end of the first week
The study also found that almost three-quarters of video views are now happening outside the YouTube and YouTube Player.
"As brands place more emphasis on their digital video strategy, they are seeking a range of formats to engage audiences across multiple devices," Scott Button, founder and Group CEO of Unruly, said. "Using paid distribution and real-time programmatic targeting across the Open Web brands can maximize the sharing peak and slow the rate of viral decay in order to deliver maximum earned media and viewer advocacy on their video campaigns. Unlike standard pre-roll formats, in-stream skippables keep the users in control, as users decide whether or not they want to view the ad. Advertisers only pay when viewers have finished watching the video or at 30 seconds."
To help brands better use the video space, Unruly has launched the Unruly Activate pre-roll video format; the video unit is skippable. So far the platform has delivered 1.17 billion video engagements across the open Web.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Privacy concerns high for wearable tech
- Internet of Things not just for the tech-savvy
- Retale: 73% of parents to use mobile for back-to-school shopping
- Study: Half of parents frustrated by BTS shopping
- How to be sure SaaS options are right for you
- Intent HQ: Consumers want brands to be honest and transparent about data collection
- Forecast: 250 million smart wearables in use by 2018
- Ad Roundup: Making mobile, social, video simpler
Featured White Papers
- Three Converged Media Campaigns Worth Emulating
The old adage, "you get what you pay for" may no longer be true when it comes to traditional paid...