News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Video shares skyrocket within 3 days of launch
Nearly half of all video shares are happening within the first three days of a branded video launch. That according to new data from Unruly, which should video sharing has nearly doubled in the past year. Last year, during the study only about 25% of video shares happened within the first 3 days of launch.
The social space is making it simpler for consumers to share videos they find interesting, and that is pushing more video content to go viral. According to new data from the Unruly Social Diffusion Curve shows how quickly social sharing is pushing video:
• 1 day post-launch 18% of shares happen
• 65% of post-launch shares happen in the first week
• 42% of post-launch shares happen in the first 3 days
During the 2013 study, the numbers were quite different:
• 10% of shares on Day 2
• 25% of shares within 3 days
• 37% of shares by the end of the first week
The study also found that almost three-quarters of video views are now happening outside the YouTube and YouTube Player.
"As brands place more emphasis on their digital video strategy, they are seeking a range of formats to engage audiences across multiple devices," Scott Button, founder and Group CEO of Unruly, said. "Using paid distribution and real-time programmatic targeting across the Open Web brands can maximize the sharing peak and slow the rate of viral decay in order to deliver maximum earned media and viewer advocacy on their video campaigns. Unlike standard pre-roll formats, in-stream skippables keep the users in control, as users decide whether or not they want to view the ad. Advertisers only pay when viewers have finished watching the video or at 30 seconds."
To help brands better use the video space, Unruly has launched the Unruly Activate pre-roll video format; the video unit is skippable. So far the platform has delivered 1.17 billion video engagements across the open Web.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...