News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Traffic to retail websites from mobile up in March, but conversions fell
Data released by Affiliate Window shows that traffic from mobile devices to UK retail websites rose in April compared to March and now account for £1 in every £4 being spent via a smartphone or tablet.
A third (32.4%) of traffic to UK retail sites during March originated from mobile devices, found Affiliate Window in its latest Monthly Mobile Update, up from 30.5% in March.
Of that traffic, 15.8% came from smartphones up from 14.8% in March. The number of sales originating from mobile devices also rose slightly up to 29.7% in April compared to 27.8% in March.
However, during the same period of time, mobile traffic conversions rates fell slightly from 3.9% to 3.8% and mobile average order value dropped 40 cents to £69.03.
In terms of individual device trends, Android smartphones accounted for a quarter (25.12%) of smartphone traffic and 25.6% of sales. Android tablets accounted for 26.6% of tablet traffic but only 15.7% of sales.
Smartphone devices converted at a rate of 2.7% but, as would be expected, tablets did much better with conversion rates of 5.8%.
However, iPad users typically convert at 3% above Android tablets and not only convert at a much higher rate than their Android counterparts, but also spend significantly more when they do.
Affiliate Window's mobile data was drawn from over 2.5m network transactions across 1,600 advertisers spanning the retail, travel and telecoms sectors. Clients worked with include John Lewis, Marks & Spencer, Sky, British Telecom and lastminute.com.
Image via Shutterstock
- Big brands' ads found playing before ISIS YouTube videos
- Image-based social networks up their ad game
- Few help desk systems are cloud-based
- Survey: Phablets fastest growing mobile device
- Brands: How content should change your mobile strategy
- In-store sales down for Valentines finds report
- Top 3 tips for non-profits to succeed in digital
- Ad RoundUp: Partnerships increase ad support across channels
Featured White Papers
- Measure What Matters: Five Features to Enable Now On Google Analytics
Google Analytics is an excellent tool for gaining insights into user behavior and gathering data for site optimization. Unfortunately, in...
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...