News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top tips to improve lead generation
According to one expert, trends in online lead generation include a clear shift towards mobile as the dominant channel for lead generation, the rise of content marketing to attract and nurture leads, as well as an industry-wide movement to increase transparency. The problem? Most execs don't realize how much data they already have - but aren't using.
"Most marketers don't realize the amount of data they are sitting on, and how to use data to their advantage. Good data management is an essential component in lead gen strategies as it can help marketers to find out exactly which of their strategies are working, and who exactly their customers are. Data Analysis also helps marketers to react to trends, and keep their messaging relevant," said Frans Van Hulle, CEO and Co-Founder, ReviMedia.
According to Van Hulle to increase both the quality and efficiency of campaigns advertisers need to embrace automated tools to streamline how campaigns are developed, how leads are measured and grown and how campaign ROI is tracked. In addition, he suggests brands obtain a better understand of lead scoring and verification so that consumer intent is clearer.
"In order to do lead scoring well, marketers need a lot of data to make correlations between user behavior and lead quality in order to calculate a representative score. They also need a large volume of data to align prediction models with actual sales conversions," he said.
Van Hulle also believes increased transparency is critical to marketers moving forward.
"In online lead generation, distribution models can be complex, which prevents many buyers from knowing exactly where their traffic comes from. This is the biggest missing lead in the lead gen industry, and it is important that buyers have access to tools that give them full insights into where their traffic is coming from," said Van Hulle.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...