News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top tips to improve lead generation
According to one expert, trends in online lead generation include a clear shift towards mobile as the dominant channel for lead generation, the rise of content marketing to attract and nurture leads, as well as an industry-wide movement to increase transparency. The problem? Most execs don't realize how much data they already have - but aren't using.
"Most marketers don't realize the amount of data they are sitting on, and how to use data to their advantage. Good data management is an essential component in lead gen strategies as it can help marketers to find out exactly which of their strategies are working, and who exactly their customers are. Data Analysis also helps marketers to react to trends, and keep their messaging relevant," said Frans Van Hulle, CEO and Co-Founder, ReviMedia.
According to Van Hulle to increase both the quality and efficiency of campaigns advertisers need to embrace automated tools to streamline how campaigns are developed, how leads are measured and grown and how campaign ROI is tracked. In addition, he suggests brands obtain a better understand of lead scoring and verification so that consumer intent is clearer.
"In order to do lead scoring well, marketers need a lot of data to make correlations between user behavior and lead quality in order to calculate a representative score. They also need a large volume of data to align prediction models with actual sales conversions," he said.
Van Hulle also believes increased transparency is critical to marketers moving forward.
"In online lead generation, distribution models can be complex, which prevents many buyers from knowing exactly where their traffic comes from. This is the biggest missing lead in the lead gen industry, and it is important that buyers have access to tools that give them full insights into where their traffic is coming from," said Van Hulle.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...