News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top tips to improve lead generation
According to one expert, trends in online lead generation include a clear shift towards mobile as the dominant channel for lead generation, the rise of content marketing to attract and nurture leads, as well as an industry-wide movement to increase transparency. The problem? Most execs don't realize how much data they already have - but aren't using.
"Most marketers don't realize the amount of data they are sitting on, and how to use data to their advantage. Good data management is an essential component in lead gen strategies as it can help marketers to find out exactly which of their strategies are working, and who exactly their customers are. Data Analysis also helps marketers to react to trends, and keep their messaging relevant," said Frans Van Hulle, CEO and Co-Founder, ReviMedia.
According to Van Hulle to increase both the quality and efficiency of campaigns advertisers need to embrace automated tools to streamline how campaigns are developed, how leads are measured and grown and how campaign ROI is tracked. In addition, he suggests brands obtain a better understand of lead scoring and verification so that consumer intent is clearer.
"In order to do lead scoring well, marketers need a lot of data to make correlations between user behavior and lead quality in order to calculate a representative score. They also need a large volume of data to align prediction models with actual sales conversions," he said.
Van Hulle also believes increased transparency is critical to marketers moving forward.
"In online lead generation, distribution models can be complex, which prevents many buyers from knowing exactly where their traffic comes from. This is the biggest missing lead in the lead gen industry, and it is important that buyers have access to tools that give them full insights into where their traffic is coming from," said Van Hulle.
Image via Shutterstock
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...