News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips for moving to the cloud
The cloud is beckoning many more small and medium sized businesses to it. Plenty of space for files and data, easy access and security that still allows workers access when they are out of the office. But how do you know if the cloud - and cloud hosting partner - you've chosen is right?
Thinking about moving your business into the cloud? Plenty of small and medium sized businesses are pushing into the cloud, along with Fortune 500 brands; many are succeeding with the cloud but some are not. Here are ComputerSupport's top 3 tips for SMBs moving into the cloud:
First what do you need?
"Cloud computing increases collaboration by allowing all employees - wherever they are - to sync up and work on documents and shared apps simultaneously," writes ComputerSupport. " Since cloud computing is much faster to deploy, businesses have minimal project start-up costs and predictable ongoing operating expenses. They would also remove any upfront CAPEX costs associated with hardware maintenance."
One tip to cut costs - use the cloud provider's resources and infrastructure to decrease the costs in moving your company to the cloud.
Second, are your systems simple to manage? The cloud allows businesses to access applications and programs remotely, but make sure employees know how to do it.
Finally, have you studied the provider?
There are hundreds of cloud service providers out there - things to look at to determine if a provider is right for your business include:
• Will they keep your business secure: assess each provider's security capabilities in key areas, such as: anti-malware protection, data eradication encryption mechanisms, government and industry regulations, identity management and physical security compliance
• Does the provider offer new technology and tech options that sync with your needs
• Do they stand up - is there a history of down time or outages, what about data recovery options and protection
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...