News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips for moving to the cloud
The cloud is beckoning many more small and medium sized businesses to it. Plenty of space for files and data, easy access and security that still allows workers access when they are out of the office. But how do you know if the cloud - and cloud hosting partner - you've chosen is right?
Thinking about moving your business into the cloud? Plenty of small and medium sized businesses are pushing into the cloud, along with Fortune 500 brands; many are succeeding with the cloud but some are not. Here are ComputerSupport's top 3 tips for SMBs moving into the cloud:
First what do you need?
"Cloud computing increases collaboration by allowing all employees - wherever they are - to sync up and work on documents and shared apps simultaneously," writes ComputerSupport. " Since cloud computing is much faster to deploy, businesses have minimal project start-up costs and predictable ongoing operating expenses. They would also remove any upfront CAPEX costs associated with hardware maintenance."
One tip to cut costs - use the cloud provider's resources and infrastructure to decrease the costs in moving your company to the cloud.
Second, are your systems simple to manage? The cloud allows businesses to access applications and programs remotely, but make sure employees know how to do it.
Finally, have you studied the provider?
There are hundreds of cloud service providers out there - things to look at to determine if a provider is right for your business include:
• Will they keep your business secure: assess each provider's security capabilities in key areas, such as: anti-malware protection, data eradication encryption mechanisms, government and industry regulations, identity management and physical security compliance
• Does the provider offer new technology and tech options that sync with your needs
• Do they stand up - is there a history of down time or outages, what about data recovery options and protection
Image via Shutterstock
- Report IDs differences in how people use social
- Ad Roundup: Platform expansions and a partnership
- Survey: Hispanic SMBs show strong optimism
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, integration to bring brands more
- Report: Super Bowl ads drove traffic into stores
- Top tips to reduce involuntary churn
- Smart Glasses that look like regular specs will invigorate market
- Less than 1 in 5 CRM managers feel they contribute to business revenues
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...