News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Top 3 tips for moving to the cloud
The cloud is beckoning many more small and medium sized businesses to it. Plenty of space for files and data, easy access and security that still allows workers access when they are out of the office. But how do you know if the cloud - and cloud hosting partner - you've chosen is right?
Thinking about moving your business into the cloud? Plenty of small and medium sized businesses are pushing into the cloud, along with Fortune 500 brands; many are succeeding with the cloud but some are not. Here are ComputerSupport's top 3 tips for SMBs moving into the cloud:
First what do you need?
"Cloud computing increases collaboration by allowing all employees - wherever they are - to sync up and work on documents and shared apps simultaneously," writes ComputerSupport. " Since cloud computing is much faster to deploy, businesses have minimal project start-up costs and predictable ongoing operating expenses. They would also remove any upfront CAPEX costs associated with hardware maintenance."
One tip to cut costs - use the cloud provider's resources and infrastructure to decrease the costs in moving your company to the cloud.
Second, are your systems simple to manage? The cloud allows businesses to access applications and programs remotely, but make sure employees know how to do it.
Finally, have you studied the provider?
There are hundreds of cloud service providers out there - things to look at to determine if a provider is right for your business include:
• Will they keep your business secure: assess each provider's security capabilities in key areas, such as: anti-malware protection, data eradication encryption mechanisms, government and industry regulations, identity management and physical security compliance
• Does the provider offer new technology and tech options that sync with your needs
• Do they stand up - is there a history of down time or outages, what about data recovery options and protection
Image via Shutterstock
- Expert: How subscriptions are driving retail
- Report: US small businesses pushing international
- Top 3 tips for enterprises to enter the cloud
- Time watching TV remains the same, but different
- Optimove integration allows targeted campaigns via Google Ads
- Brands: How speech analytics can work for you
- Study reveals SMBs don't know credit scores
- Expert: How ad blocking can work for brands
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...
- Key Tools for Engagement Marketing
Dig into the concept of digital marketing and how to be successful in today's modern, complex business landscape...