News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tablet Project reveals response to tablet ads 40x that of online
Consumers spend longer on tablet ads and click-through rates are far higher than desktop, according to new data published by Newsworks, the marketing body for newsbrands.
The results of Newsworks first Tablet Project have been released and they reveal that tablets have an engaged audience, particularly across newsbrands, and that that audience is growing.
Of particular interest to advertisers is that overall "average tap rate (interaction)" with ads on a tablet is 0.79% and dwell time 7 seconds. Those figures represent a 40x better performance than 'online norms', although they differ by category as show below.
The research also looked at three core creative ad types - text link, video and interactive. Each type was shown to have a separate role to play with text links generating above average tap rates (0.82%), video combining high tap (1.06%) and dwell time (7.1 seconds) and interactive ads grabbing the attention of viewers for considerably longer (9 seconds).
According to Jo Blake, head of outdoor, newsbrands and radio at Havas Media, "It's sometimes difficult to sell in new things to clients - will it work, is it cost efficient, creative barriers and so on - which is why Newsworks' Tablet Project was an excellent idea. The results will not only help us sell tablet formats to clients, but the learnings also show the best way to use the medium creatively - that was why we wanted to be involved in the project."
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Video, content tools launched
- Binge-viewing is booming but it is a lonely activity
- IAB UK: Not all ad blockers want to block all ads
- Top 4 tips to reduce holiday fraud
- Expert: How telecoms can do better at customer service
- Survey: Students, parents say localization key to buying
- Corporate Visions release powers insights-based data
- Neurological study pits digital ads against physical ads
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...