News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tablet Project reveals response to tablet ads 40x that of online
Consumers spend longer on tablet ads and click-through rates are far higher than desktop, according to new data published by Newsworks, the marketing body for newsbrands.
The results of Newsworks first Tablet Project have been released and they reveal that tablets have an engaged audience, particularly across newsbrands, and that that audience is growing.
Of particular interest to advertisers is that overall "average tap rate (interaction)" with ads on a tablet is 0.79% and dwell time 7 seconds. Those figures represent a 40x better performance than 'online norms', although they differ by category as show below.
The research also looked at three core creative ad types - text link, video and interactive. Each type was shown to have a separate role to play with text links generating above average tap rates (0.82%), video combining high tap (1.06%) and dwell time (7.1 seconds) and interactive ads grabbing the attention of viewers for considerably longer (9 seconds).
According to Jo Blake, head of outdoor, newsbrands and radio at Havas Media, "It's sometimes difficult to sell in new things to clients - will it work, is it cost efficient, creative barriers and so on - which is why Newsworks' Tablet Project was an excellent idea. The results will not only help us sell tablet formats to clients, but the learnings also show the best way to use the medium creatively - that was why we wanted to be involved in the project."
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a new release
- Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
- Fewer people report suffering with information overload than a decade ago
- Third of businesses globally under-prepared for digital transformation
- Expert: Tipping point for personalization is near
- Big brands found using 'dark UX' methods
- Video Roundup: New formats mean new opportunities
- Top 3 tips for chatbot, CSE integrations
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...