News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tablet Project reveals response to tablet ads 40x that of online
Consumers spend longer on tablet ads and click-through rates are far higher than desktop, according to new data published by Newsworks, the marketing body for newsbrands.
The results of Newsworks first Tablet Project have been released and they reveal that tablets have an engaged audience, particularly across newsbrands, and that that audience is growing.
Of particular interest to advertisers is that overall "average tap rate (interaction)" with ads on a tablet is 0.79% and dwell time 7 seconds. Those figures represent a 40x better performance than 'online norms', although they differ by category as show below.
The research also looked at three core creative ad types - text link, video and interactive. Each type was shown to have a separate role to play with text links generating above average tap rates (0.82%), video combining high tap (1.06%) and dwell time (7.1 seconds) and interactive ads grabbing the attention of viewers for considerably longer (9 seconds).
According to Jo Blake, head of outdoor, newsbrands and radio at Havas Media, "It's sometimes difficult to sell in new things to clients - will it work, is it cost efficient, creative barriers and so on - which is why Newsworks' Tablet Project was an excellent idea. The results will not only help us sell tablet formats to clients, but the learnings also show the best way to use the medium creatively - that was why we wanted to be involved in the project."
Image via Shutterstock
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...