News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tablet Project reveals response to tablet ads 40x that of online
Consumers spend longer on tablet ads and click-through rates are far higher than desktop, according to new data published by Newsworks, the marketing body for newsbrands.
The results of Newsworks first Tablet Project have been released and they reveal that tablets have an engaged audience, particularly across newsbrands, and that that audience is growing.
Of particular interest to advertisers is that overall "average tap rate (interaction)" with ads on a tablet is 0.79% and dwell time 7 seconds. Those figures represent a 40x better performance than 'online norms', although they differ by category as show below.
The research also looked at three core creative ad types - text link, video and interactive. Each type was shown to have a separate role to play with text links generating above average tap rates (0.82%), video combining high tap (1.06%) and dwell time (7.1 seconds) and interactive ads grabbing the attention of viewers for considerably longer (9 seconds).
According to Jo Blake, head of outdoor, newsbrands and radio at Havas Media, "It's sometimes difficult to sell in new things to clients - will it work, is it cost efficient, creative barriers and so on - which is why Newsworks' Tablet Project was an excellent idea. The results will not only help us sell tablet formats to clients, but the learnings also show the best way to use the medium creatively - that was why we wanted to be involved in the project."
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey: Gamers don't want interruptions
- Reports: Back to school stressing parents
- How to measure engagement to reach a deeper customer relationship
- Survey: Amazon influencing back to school shoppers
- Hilton gives guests greater control with significant app upgrade
- Top 3 tips for better channel optimization
- Study: Sales, marketing disconnect resulting in bad customer experience
- UK businesses failing to consistently and effectively employ social for customer support
Featured White Papers
- What Sales Should REALLY Expect from Marketing Automation
In this Deep Dive we will explore what sales leaders should actually be demanding from marketing automation tools. In fact,...
- Learn the True Importance of Global Brand Management
Effective branding has always been an important part of business and is an especially important component of the customer experience,...
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...