News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey reveals importance of battery life to phone buyers
What is more important to purchasers of a new mobile phone - a large screen, fast processor or perhaps 4G capabilities? It's none of the above, according to a new study carried out by GMI, a Lightspeed Research Company. Phone buyers rate battery life as the most important feature.
In a study carried out among Brits, the vast majority (89%) cited battery life as an important criteria when deciding what phone to purchase next. For 70% it was an important consideration when purchasing their current device.
Meanwhile, of the 1,000 UK adult respondents to GMI's survey, half (53%) rated touch-less payment technology and 31% rated 4G features as 'not important'.
According to Ralph Risk, marketing director EMEA at GMI, the importance put on battery life may come as a surprise to many.
"Drilling further into our data helps to understand how much impact battery life has on the everyday use of a mobile phone - the majority of people have to recharge their phone at least once per day and a significant number regularly run out of battery whilst using their phone," said Risk. "A strong reliable battery life is definitely still a focus both for consumers and for manufacturers who are constantly working on improving the autonomy of their devices."
In terms of gender, men were more likely to rate features such as a large screen more important and women focused on having a high quality camera or a device made by a well known brand.
Image via Shutterstock
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...