News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey reveals importance of battery life to phone buyers
What is more important to purchasers of a new mobile phone - a large screen, fast processor or perhaps 4G capabilities? It's none of the above, according to a new study carried out by GMI, a Lightspeed Research Company. Phone buyers rate battery life as the most important feature.
In a study carried out among Brits, the vast majority (89%) cited battery life as an important criteria when deciding what phone to purchase next. For 70% it was an important consideration when purchasing their current device.
Meanwhile, of the 1,000 UK adult respondents to GMI's survey, half (53%) rated touch-less payment technology and 31% rated 4G features as 'not important'.
According to Ralph Risk, marketing director EMEA at GMI, the importance put on battery life may come as a surprise to many.
"Drilling further into our data helps to understand how much impact battery life has on the everyday use of a mobile phone - the majority of people have to recharge their phone at least once per day and a significant number regularly run out of battery whilst using their phone," said Risk. "A strong reliable battery life is definitely still a focus both for consumers and for manufacturers who are constantly working on improving the autonomy of their devices."
In terms of gender, men were more likely to rate features such as a large screen more important and women focused on having a high quality camera or a device made by a well known brand.
Image via Shutterstock
- Google: U.S government user data requests up 250% since 2009
- Survey reveals general reluctance to pay for online content and apps
- Report: Online communities growing in importance
- Survey: Consumers want to share product details with friends
- PageFair: Adblocking Goes Mainstream
- Study: SMB's pushing the social media spend
- Report: BOPIS hot for the holidays
- Apps are asking users for too much personal data and providing too little privacy information
Featured White Papers
- Why the Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
Do you want to see why marketers are outsourcing their writing? Read this white paper to learn how external writers...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...
- The Social Hunger: Why Your Audience Feasts on Social Integration
For the past few years, marketers have 'woken up' to consumers who have the power to express their views anytime...
- The 8 Critical Metrics for Measuring App User Engagement
Measuring and optimizing for the right engagement metrics is the key to attaining and keeping users. Whether your business model...