News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey reveals age is no barrier to confident Internet use
If you believe older generations struggle with technology you could be falling for an outdated stereotype. New research among those age 50 and over reveals that they are just as confident with technology and Internet use as those in their 30s and 40s.
A survey of 1,012 British consumers aged 30 and over by digital marketing firm iProspect found that age is no barrier to Internet use and online activity. In fact, iProsepct's report, 'The Ageless Internet: From Silver Surfers to Golden Geeks', found that those on the other side of 50 regularly and confidently engage with ecommerce.
Eight out of ten respondents aged over 50 said they did not see their age as a barrier to online use, and they intend to make more use of it in the future. That sentiment was expressed by even more (88%) among those aged 60-69 and as much as 92% of those aged 70+.
Chris Whitelaw, CEO of iProspect, says that the "patronizing approach to older generations needs to be put to rest".
"They are time-rich, and, accounting for their lower financial commitments, comparatively cash-rich too. They research online, and are strong believers in the power of search to make their lives easier; they 'reverse-showroom', researching products online and buying in store; they are comfortable buying many products online," writes Angus Wood, Head of Earned Media, on the iProspect blog.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
- Study: Finance, saving important to Millenials
- Survey: More consumers want to be paperless
- Survey IDS when customers will share personal data
- Bing: Voice searches for hotels up 343% YoY
- Top 5 tips to take business paperless
- Snap Ads spend rises 593% QoQ
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...