News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Moms looking for giftcards
Just over a week and kids across the US will be handing moms macaroni necklaces and newly blooming flowers. Those homemade gifts don't negate the spending that will happen for moms, though, and a new survey from Ebates sheds light on how merchants may capitalize on Mother's Day.
What will make Mom happy on Mother's Day? That question will be asked by childrend a million times over the next 11 days. The question merchants are asking, though, is different: what do moms really want - and they have the answer.
Ebates surveyed moms around the US and found that New York moms are most likely to want gift cards (40%) or fine dining (38%) for their special day while LA moms want quality family time (43%) and gift cards (37%). In the Midwest, Chicago moms want more family time (37%) or a meal out (31%) while Dallas moms want family time (45%) or gift cards (38%). Other interesting city-based findings include:
• San Francisco moms want a spa day (45%)
• Boston moms want to have a dinner out (44%)
• DC moms want quality family time (41%) or a clean house (34%)
• Atlanta moms want quality time (51%) or a gift card (44%)
"Every mom is unique and deserves to be rewarded with the gift she really wants on Mother's Day. Shoppers can count on Ebates every year to tell them what that perfect gift is, and deliver cash back on everything they buy, from gift cards and fine dining, to chocolate, jewelry, or a spa day," said Kevin H. Johnson, CEO of Ebates, Inc.
How can merchants capitalize on these wants between May 1 and 11? Highlight the gift card angle. Everyone knows they can head to a store to pick up a physical gift card, but adult children may not live in the same city as Mom - and may not be able to travel. So highlight online gift card options.
Local merchants could even partner with a local florist so children can one-stop-shop for Mom - and drive revenue to both partner locations.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...