News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: Moms looking for giftcards
Just over a week and kids across the US will be handing moms macaroni necklaces and newly blooming flowers. Those homemade gifts don't negate the spending that will happen for moms, though, and a new survey from Ebates sheds light on how merchants may capitalize on Mother's Day.
What will make Mom happy on Mother's Day? That question will be asked by childrend a million times over the next 11 days. The question merchants are asking, though, is different: what do moms really want - and they have the answer.
Ebates surveyed moms around the US and found that New York moms are most likely to want gift cards (40%) or fine dining (38%) for their special day while LA moms want quality family time (43%) and gift cards (37%). In the Midwest, Chicago moms want more family time (37%) or a meal out (31%) while Dallas moms want family time (45%) or gift cards (38%). Other interesting city-based findings include:
• San Francisco moms want a spa day (45%)
• Boston moms want to have a dinner out (44%)
• DC moms want quality family time (41%) or a clean house (34%)
• Atlanta moms want quality time (51%) or a gift card (44%)
"Every mom is unique and deserves to be rewarded with the gift she really wants on Mother's Day. Shoppers can count on Ebates every year to tell them what that perfect gift is, and deliver cash back on everything they buy, from gift cards and fine dining, to chocolate, jewelry, or a spa day," said Kevin H. Johnson, CEO of Ebates, Inc.
How can merchants capitalize on these wants between May 1 and 11? Highlight the gift card angle. Everyone knows they can head to a store to pick up a physical gift card, but adult children may not live in the same city as Mom - and may not be able to travel. So highlight online gift card options.
Local merchants could even partner with a local florist so children can one-stop-shop for Mom - and drive revenue to both partner locations.
Image via Shutterstock
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
- Top 4 investments to make in 2015
- Researchers use Yelp to predict a restaurant's chances of survival
- Are your employees stifling yawns during status meetings?
- Survey reveals the odd places consumers shop by mobile
- Marketers urged to lower ad viewability expectations
- 50% of consumers who want marketing comms prefer them via email
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...