News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Pinners predominantly women, loyal
Pinterest may not garner as many headlines as Facebook or Twitter, but maybe it should. According to new data from RJMetrics Pinterest's user base may be small, but it is loyal - with people using it as much in the fourth year of activity as in their first.
While a lot of people still don't know about social hub Pinterest - in which users pin aspirational images, encouraging quotes and all kinds of Polyvore madness - a lot of people do. And those who do are incredibly loyal to the site. So loyal, in fact, that according to new data out from RJMetrics 84% of women using the site are active in their fourth year of using it. This stat is important because with most internet sites, user activity decreases as newer sites develop and come online.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 92% of Pinterest pins are made by women
• 20% of all pins are from Food/Drink
• 12% are DIY/Crafts
• On average, users 'pin' 158 images per year
One other interesting factoid: As users become more involved with Pinterest...they become more involved. For example, in Year One of the average Pinterest user, the person will pin about 42 images to their boards. By Year Four, the average user is pinning 152 images to their boards - that is significant growth especially when compared to other social media site usage because with some other sites consumers use the sites more when they first sign up than as their membership lengthens.
Image via Shutterstock
- Report: Post-purchase contact key for future engagement
- Ad Roundup: Customer-focused releases
- UK retailers need to improve returns process
- Shoppers want more in-store tech
- Resolving customer issues quickly leads to greater brand loyalty
- Top 3 benefits for ecommerce success
- Research reveals extent of secondary revenue generation among UK retailers
- Report: Bot attempting to steal gift cards
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...