News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Pinners predominantly women, loyal
Pinterest may not garner as many headlines as Facebook or Twitter, but maybe it should. According to new data from RJMetrics Pinterest's user base may be small, but it is loyal - with people using it as much in the fourth year of activity as in their first.
While a lot of people still don't know about social hub Pinterest - in which users pin aspirational images, encouraging quotes and all kinds of Polyvore madness - a lot of people do. And those who do are incredibly loyal to the site. So loyal, in fact, that according to new data out from RJMetrics 84% of women using the site are active in their fourth year of using it. This stat is important because with most internet sites, user activity decreases as newer sites develop and come online.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 92% of Pinterest pins are made by women
• 20% of all pins are from Food/Drink
• 12% are DIY/Crafts
• On average, users 'pin' 158 images per year
One other interesting factoid: As users become more involved with Pinterest...they become more involved. For example, in Year One of the average Pinterest user, the person will pin about 42 images to their boards. By Year Four, the average user is pinning 152 images to their boards - that is significant growth especially when compared to other social media site usage because with some other sites consumers use the sites more when they first sign up than as their membership lengthens.
Image via Shutterstock
- Time watching TV remains the same, but different
- Optimove integration allows targeted campaigns via Google Ads
- Brands: How speech analytics can work for you
- Study reveals SMBs don't know credit scores
- Expert: How ad blocking can work for brands
- All hail Uber
- Social media platforms failing to adequately monitor hate speech
- Top 4 email worst practices and solutions
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...