News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Pinners predominantly women, loyal
Pinterest may not garner as many headlines as Facebook or Twitter, but maybe it should. According to new data from RJMetrics Pinterest's user base may be small, but it is loyal - with people using it as much in the fourth year of activity as in their first.
While a lot of people still don't know about social hub Pinterest - in which users pin aspirational images, encouraging quotes and all kinds of Polyvore madness - a lot of people do. And those who do are incredibly loyal to the site. So loyal, in fact, that according to new data out from RJMetrics 84% of women using the site are active in their fourth year of using it. This stat is important because with most internet sites, user activity decreases as newer sites develop and come online.
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 92% of Pinterest pins are made by women
• 20% of all pins are from Food/Drink
• 12% are DIY/Crafts
• On average, users 'pin' 158 images per year
One other interesting factoid: As users become more involved with Pinterest...they become more involved. For example, in Year One of the average Pinterest user, the person will pin about 42 images to their boards. By Year Four, the average user is pinning 152 images to their boards - that is significant growth especially when compared to other social media site usage because with some other sites consumers use the sites more when they first sign up than as their membership lengthens.
Image via Shutterstock
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
- Top 4 investments to make in 2015
- Researchers use Yelp to predict a restaurant's chances of survival
- Are your employees stifling yawns during status meetings?
- Survey reveals the odd places consumers shop by mobile
- Marketers urged to lower ad viewability expectations
- 50% of consumers who want marketing comms prefer them via email
Featured White Papers
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...