News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Mobile travel revs to top $55b
Over the next four years the mobile travel vertical is expected to see significant growth, moving from $16 billion (2013) to just over $55 billion by 2017. But how are consumers using mobile to find, book and enjoy trips? New data out from Millennial Media offers insight.
As with many other verticals, consumers continually push more of their travel dollars into the mobile space. This is pushing more travel brands into mobile, as well. Currently mobile accounts for about 12% of the total digital travel spend. Smart spending since, according to the Millennial Media report consumers are using mobile throughout the travel process - to research, to book and to map while on the trip.
They're also using mobile to toss up reviews and offer feedback to hotels, rental car shops and other businesses.
Here are some interesting takeaways:
• 60% of the mobile travel audience is male, 40% female
• 92% own smartphones, 51% own tablets
• 18-24 year olds spend 34% of their time in mobile travel content, 25-44 year olds spend about 35% of their time
• While using smartphones for travel, 42% are also using PCs/laptops, 39% are watching TV and 27% are on a tablet
As for how these tech-savvy travelers are using their devices, the whole trip looks like this: research and then booking, taking the trip and then reviewing. Most (70%) are using tablets to research or book travel at home while about one-third use smartphones while they are mid-trip or while at work.
Image via Shutterstock
- PulsePoint: Content marketing, native future of advertising
- Ad Roundup: Bringing scale to online brands
- Pixalate releases list of top programmatic networks
- How non-profits are succeeding online
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...