News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Local hot for auto advertisers
Location based targeting is hot for auto advertisers. According to new data out from Verve last year only 5% of Tier 1 auto advertisers used location based targeting but for this report 22% of Tier 1 auto campaigns used location based targeting options.
For auto advertisers as for Realtors, it's all about location. That is the takeaway from Verve's State of the Auto Market" report which shows an increased use of location based targeting for both Tier 1 and Tier 2 auto advertisers.
Verve studied 125 campaigns across their network and found that those using geo-fencing and geo-conquesting targeting options drive three times as much foot traffic to dealer lots as those not using location tools.
"Some agencies and marketers might be surprised by both the volume and effectiveness of location-based mobile marketing that is happening across all three tiers of the auto space," said James Smith, CRO of Verve. "It began with Tier 2 auto marketers driving people on to their lots, but now we're seeing Tier 1 marketers who are finding location-based audience segments are highly effective at targeting in-market auto shoppers. Tier 1, 2 and 3 auto advertisers each have different needs, campaign goals and marketing tactics to reach consumers throughout the purchase funnel, and across-the-board we're seeing that location-based mobile's flexibility and ability to run goal-specific, sophisticated campaigns delivers meaningful metrics for each of them."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• 76% of Tier 2 campaigns used location based targeting
• 22% of Tier 1 campaigns did so
• Location-based initiatives out-performed non-LBS by 60%
• Most brands used audience or DMA targeting or geo-fencing
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
- Consumers expect shopping experience to be revolutionized by wearable tech
- Highest online parcel volume recorded in October 2015
- How to convince wary app users to share location data
- How to protect against fake reviews
- 3 IT trends to watch in 2016
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...