News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Shoppers to Brands: Keep It Simple
According to the experts one key to building loyalty and higher engagement is to create a personalized online experience. But one new study counterbalances that, indicating personalization is lower on consumers' wish list than simple, efficiency.
New data out from IntelliResponse may change the way retailers and brands look at their online strategy. Because, according to a survey of shoppers across age demographics, personalization is less important to most than efficient customer service. The survey shows nearly two-thirds (59%) of shoppers say they want efficient service from brands and a transactional relationship while less than one-quarter say they want personalization and a 'friendship' with their brands of choice.
"Consumers want the ability to find the answers to their customer service questions, at the time and place of their choosing," said David Lloyd, CEO of IntelliResponse. "Companies need to empower their customers with self-service channels that can instantly deliver the single, right answer to service questions and ultimately provide the efficient experience consumers are looking for."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Millennials want customer service that is mobile - like them
• Roughly 60% said they 'would rather use' a mobile customer service app than call a customer service number
• 74% believe the same information should be available on company websites as they would get from calling customer service lines
• 68% said their first stop when looking for information is a company website
Image via Shutterstock
- H1 2016's most-used and most-downloaded apps
- Gen Z's in-store expectations - the next challenge for retailers
- Brands: Why revenue based loyalty programs are a better draw
- Retail Roundup: Coupons key for all shoppers
- Study: In-game ads pushing engagement
- Expert: Why branded content appeals to consumers
- Reports: M:Comm up, privacy concerns abound
- Expert: What Pokemon Go phenomena means for businesses
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Principles of Engagement Marketing
In this ebook, we define each of those five principles, and show you what an engagement marketing strategy truly looks...