News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Shoppers to Brands: Keep It Simple
According to the experts one key to building loyalty and higher engagement is to create a personalized online experience. But one new study counterbalances that, indicating personalization is lower on consumers' wish list than simple, efficiency.
New data out from IntelliResponse may change the way retailers and brands look at their online strategy. Because, according to a survey of shoppers across age demographics, personalization is less important to most than efficient customer service. The survey shows nearly two-thirds (59%) of shoppers say they want efficient service from brands and a transactional relationship while less than one-quarter say they want personalization and a 'friendship' with their brands of choice.
"Consumers want the ability to find the answers to their customer service questions, at the time and place of their choosing," said David Lloyd, CEO of IntelliResponse. "Companies need to empower their customers with self-service channels that can instantly deliver the single, right answer to service questions and ultimately provide the efficient experience consumers are looking for."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Millennials want customer service that is mobile - like them
• Roughly 60% said they 'would rather use' a mobile customer service app than call a customer service number
• 74% believe the same information should be available on company websites as they would get from calling customer service lines
• 68% said their first stop when looking for information is a company website
Image via Shutterstock
- Poll: SMBs worried over benefits, pay
- Expert: Tips for better small business expansion
- Mobile Roundup: Breaking down app, game installs
- 'Adblockalypse' now?
- Mobile drives fastest UK digital ad growth rate in 7 years
- Product page conversion rates average 8%
- Snapchat beats Facebook for daily video views
- Global study reveals 'authenticity deficit' among brands
Featured White Papers
- 6 SEO Predictions to Plan for in 2016
To succeed in 2016, marketers must pay heed to a number of critical SEO trends, including how they go about...
- How to Boost Reader Engagement 300%
Building an audience isn't just about quantity: it's also about quality. How can you increase the number of readers who...