News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Shoppers to Brands: Keep It Simple
According to the experts one key to building loyalty and higher engagement is to create a personalized online experience. But one new study counterbalances that, indicating personalization is lower on consumers' wish list than simple, efficiency.
New data out from IntelliResponse may change the way retailers and brands look at their online strategy. Because, according to a survey of shoppers across age demographics, personalization is less important to most than efficient customer service. The survey shows nearly two-thirds (59%) of shoppers say they want efficient service from brands and a transactional relationship while less than one-quarter say they want personalization and a 'friendship' with their brands of choice.
"Consumers want the ability to find the answers to their customer service questions, at the time and place of their choosing," said David Lloyd, CEO of IntelliResponse. "Companies need to empower their customers with self-service channels that can instantly deliver the single, right answer to service questions and ultimately provide the efficient experience consumers are looking for."
Other interesting findings from the report include:
• Millennials want customer service that is mobile - like them
• Roughly 60% said they 'would rather use' a mobile customer service app than call a customer service number
• 74% believe the same information should be available on company websites as they would get from calling customer service lines
• 68% said their first stop when looking for information is a company website
Image via Shutterstock
- Survey suggests increasing interest in e-gifts
- Referral key way in which marketers find SEO services
- Social Roundup: Rolling out for Instagram
- Brands: How to engage Millennials in your work force
- Top 3 tips to monetize traffic
- U.S. presidential elections: Digital media use up, television still dominant
- Reports: Brands are winning back to school
- Time spent gaming on mobile drops, eSports partly to blame
Featured White Papers
- 7 Trends Impacting How We Use Digital Assets
Download this new Adobe white paper to discover the seven trends impacting how digital marketers create, manage, deliver, and optimize...
- The Retail Marketer's 2015 Holiday Playbook
Download this ebook to learn how to increase Average Order Value, drive last minute purchases, increase sales, extend in-store shopping...
- 3 Tactics to Increase Influence on Your Consumer's Complex Path to Purchase
Consumers are No Longer Predictable, and their Path to Purchase is No Longer Linear......
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...