News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ScanBuy reveals 20% increase in QR Code scans
Mentions of QR Codes in the marketing press seem to have calmed down in the last six months or so after mixed reviews of their marketing effectiveness and consumer adoption. However, new figures released by mobile engagement solutions firm Scanbuy shows a marked increase in scans in the last year.
According to Scanbuy's Q1 2014 trend report, it processed 22 million mobile engagements such as QR Codes, Microsoft Tag, NFC and bar code scans in the first quarter of this year. That's a 20% increase from the same period last year.
Slightly more scans originated from Android devices (51%) than iOS devices (46%), found the report, and Houston, Madrid, Barcelona, Dallas and New York City were the cities in which scan frequency was highest.
The most popular content accessed via QR Codes was product information followed by video, customer relationship management, app downloads and m-commerce. The food and beverage industry attracted the most scans, followed by consumer electronics, entertainment, media and wireless.
"Mobile triggers continue to help consumers make product choices, engage their favorite brands, receive more informative information, quickly download their favorite apps, and much more," said Mike Wehrs, CEO of Scanbuy.
Image via Shutterstock
- Less than half of consumers satisfied with retail app experience
- Study: Order struggles a problem for B2B
- Ad Roundup: Solution expansions, investments
- Expert: Consent, Identity key for businesses
- UK ad viewability levels stagnate
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shipping, experience key to satisfaction
- Survey: Recruiting a struggle for IT departments
- Study: Mobile consumers want control
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...