News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ScanBuy reveals 20% increase in QR Code scans
Mentions of QR Codes in the marketing press seem to have calmed down in the last six months or so after mixed reviews of their marketing effectiveness and consumer adoption. However, new figures released by mobile engagement solutions firm Scanbuy shows a marked increase in scans in the last year.
According to Scanbuy's Q1 2014 trend report, it processed 22 million mobile engagements such as QR Codes, Microsoft Tag, NFC and bar code scans in the first quarter of this year. That's a 20% increase from the same period last year.
Slightly more scans originated from Android devices (51%) than iOS devices (46%), found the report, and Houston, Madrid, Barcelona, Dallas and New York City were the cities in which scan frequency was highest.
The most popular content accessed via QR Codes was product information followed by video, customer relationship management, app downloads and m-commerce. The food and beverage industry attracted the most scans, followed by consumer electronics, entertainment, media and wireless.
"Mobile triggers continue to help consumers make product choices, engage their favorite brands, receive more informative information, quickly download their favorite apps, and much more," said Mike Wehrs, CEO of Scanbuy.
Image via Shutterstock
- Brands: How Chat-As-A-Service can work for you
- Survey: Computers are the connection of choice for sports fans
- Expert: The link between returns and cart abandons
- Mobile Roundup: App releases focus on connection, analysis
- Amazon's latest delivery location - the trunk of your car
- How mobile will change in 2015
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to deepen brands' reach
- Survey IDs SEO platforms most brand friendly
Featured White Papers
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...