News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ScanBuy reveals 20% increase in QR Code scans
Mentions of QR Codes in the marketing press seem to have calmed down in the last six months or so after mixed reviews of their marketing effectiveness and consumer adoption. However, new figures released by mobile engagement solutions firm Scanbuy shows a marked increase in scans in the last year.
According to Scanbuy's Q1 2014 trend report, it processed 22 million mobile engagements such as QR Codes, Microsoft Tag, NFC and bar code scans in the first quarter of this year. That's a 20% increase from the same period last year.
Slightly more scans originated from Android devices (51%) than iOS devices (46%), found the report, and Houston, Madrid, Barcelona, Dallas and New York City were the cities in which scan frequency was highest.
The most popular content accessed via QR Codes was product information followed by video, customer relationship management, app downloads and m-commerce. The food and beverage industry attracted the most scans, followed by consumer electronics, entertainment, media and wireless.
"Mobile triggers continue to help consumers make product choices, engage their favorite brands, receive more informative information, quickly download their favorite apps, and much more," said Mike Wehrs, CEO of Scanbuy.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 tips for effective native ad campaigns
- Top 3 email tips for the 2014 holidays
- Study: 3/4 will use phones for holiday shopping
- Studies: Shoppers want connection
- Brands: What to prep now for Thanksgiving Weekend
- Would your website earn Google's mobile-friendly label?
- Third of UK online retailers are not ready for the Christmas rush
- Study: Consumers find driving need to be always on
Featured White Papers
- Definitive Guide to Marketing Metrics and Analytics
Download this 70-page, all-encompassing guide to learn the right metrics for understanding and interpreting marketing results, why measuring marketing programs...
- From Average to Elite: 7 Secrets of Today's Top Marketers
Marketing is more chaotic than ever. Pleasing multiple stakeholders, juggling random request inputs and collecting meaningful data from project teams...
- Marketing Attribution in the New World
We all know that consumers generally do not convert after seeing just one advertisement. How do we decide which campaign...