News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ScanBuy reveals 20% increase in QR Code scans
Mentions of QR Codes in the marketing press seem to have calmed down in the last six months or so after mixed reviews of their marketing effectiveness and consumer adoption. However, new figures released by mobile engagement solutions firm Scanbuy shows a marked increase in scans in the last year.
According to Scanbuy's Q1 2014 trend report, it processed 22 million mobile engagements such as QR Codes, Microsoft Tag, NFC and bar code scans in the first quarter of this year. That's a 20% increase from the same period last year.
Slightly more scans originated from Android devices (51%) than iOS devices (46%), found the report, and Houston, Madrid, Barcelona, Dallas and New York City were the cities in which scan frequency was highest.
The most popular content accessed via QR Codes was product information followed by video, customer relationship management, app downloads and m-commerce. The food and beverage industry attracted the most scans, followed by consumer electronics, entertainment, media and wireless.
"Mobile triggers continue to help consumers make product choices, engage their favorite brands, receive more informative information, quickly download their favorite apps, and much more," said Mike Wehrs, CEO of Scanbuy.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...