News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ScanBuy reveals 20% increase in QR Code scans
Mentions of QR Codes in the marketing press seem to have calmed down in the last six months or so after mixed reviews of their marketing effectiveness and consumer adoption. However, new figures released by mobile engagement solutions firm Scanbuy shows a marked increase in scans in the last year.
According to Scanbuy's Q1 2014 trend report, it processed 22 million mobile engagements such as QR Codes, Microsoft Tag, NFC and bar code scans in the first quarter of this year. That's a 20% increase from the same period last year.
Slightly more scans originated from Android devices (51%) than iOS devices (46%), found the report, and Houston, Madrid, Barcelona, Dallas and New York City were the cities in which scan frequency was highest.
The most popular content accessed via QR Codes was product information followed by video, customer relationship management, app downloads and m-commerce. The food and beverage industry attracted the most scans, followed by consumer electronics, entertainment, media and wireless.
"Mobile triggers continue to help consumers make product choices, engage their favorite brands, receive more informative information, quickly download their favorite apps, and much more," said Mike Wehrs, CEO of Scanbuy.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad viewability levels down across Europe
- Virtual Reality: Seeing, and trying, is believing and buying
- Expert: Retail's trends to watch
- Mobile Roundup: Platforms to simplify work, personal lives
- Report: Fraud attacks up 80%
- Marketers value startups for their passion, drive, and technological prowess
- How mobile is changing retail
- ECommerce Roundup: Platforms to simplify shopper interaction
Featured White Papers
- The Ultimate Guide to Website Personalization
There is a wealth of methods to put your company's data to work; by far, personalization is one of the...