News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Royal Mail announces Sunday delivery trials
Britain's Royal Mail is set to trial Sunday opening hours and deliveries in response to the increase in demand for goods ordered online.
Later this year, Royal Mail will open some 100 offices on Sunday afternoons to enable customers to pick up packages. The first offices to participate will be those with the highest parcel volumes.
As well as Sunday openings Royal Mail, which was privatized last year, will also trial Sunday deliveries to addresses within the M25 motorway.
Parcel deliveries now make up almost half of the Royal Mail's £9.15 billion (US$15.4 billion) annual revenues as letter volumes decline due to email and messaging use.
Parcelforce Worldwide, the Royal Mail's express parcel arm, is due to start Sunday deliveries in June via Internet retailers that opt in to the scheme. Online retailers' customers will be able to select Sunday delivery via those retailers.
According to Moya Greene, chief executive of Royal Mail, the new Sunday deliveries are part and parcel of the company's move to improve flexibility and provide customers with more options to receive items ordered online. This is particularly important for those customers who are at work during the rest of the week and can not be available to receive goods.
Earlier this year, Amazon began Sunday deliveries in key areas of the UK, using their own delivery solution.
Image via Shutterstock
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
Featured White Papers
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...