News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Royal Mail announces Sunday delivery trials
Britain's Royal Mail is set to trial Sunday opening hours and deliveries in response to the increase in demand for goods ordered online.
Later this year, Royal Mail will open some 100 offices on Sunday afternoons to enable customers to pick up packages. The first offices to participate will be those with the highest parcel volumes.
As well as Sunday openings Royal Mail, which was privatized last year, will also trial Sunday deliveries to addresses within the M25 motorway.
Parcel deliveries now make up almost half of the Royal Mail's £9.15 billion (US$15.4 billion) annual revenues as letter volumes decline due to email and messaging use.
Parcelforce Worldwide, the Royal Mail's express parcel arm, is due to start Sunday deliveries in June via Internet retailers that opt in to the scheme. Online retailers' customers will be able to select Sunday delivery via those retailers.
According to Moya Greene, chief executive of Royal Mail, the new Sunday deliveries are part and parcel of the company's move to improve flexibility and provide customers with more options to receive items ordered online. This is particularly important for those customers who are at work during the rest of the week and can not be available to receive goods.
Earlier this year, Amazon began Sunday deliveries in key areas of the UK, using their own delivery solution.
Image via Shutterstock
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
- Kahuna: Brands must engage for apps to work
- Research highlights effectiveness of in-app messaging
- Facebook tests 10-second video views and monetization
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...