News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Restaurants with a Facebook Page may now display menu
Restaurants with a presence on Facebook can now better represent their offerings and attract customers by displaying perhaps their most important business ingredients on Facebook - their menu.
Facebook users often search for information about restaurants on the social network and, unless a restaurant has posted a photograph of their menu on their business Page, most need to leave Facebook and head to the restaurant's website.
However, Facebook is making it much easier for users to check out a venue's offerings by allowing restaurants to display menus on their Facebook Page.
Restaurants in the U.S. or Canada that already use online listings service SinglePlatform from Constant Contact will find their menus automatically uploaded to their restaurant's Facebook Page. Those that don't use SinglePlatform, or are outside of the U.S. or Canada, can easily upload a menu PDF by visiting Page Settings - Page Info - Menus.
"With this update, restaurants can take advantage of the size and influence of Facebook's audience to attract potential new customers that search for places to dine," says Pete Chen, VP and General Manager of SinglePlatform from Constant Contact.
"Having a menu easily available on Facebook is convenient for those who regularly interact with your brand there. No longer do they have to open a separate browser window or different app; everything they need is right on the local business Page," added Chen.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top tips to capitalize on social apps
- Mondays a favorite of fraudsters
- Reports show strong Q3, point to strong Q4
- Mobile Roundup: iOS users converting more, device adoption continues to grow
- Study: Moms looking to tech to track family health
- Study reveals global consumer attitudes to cross-border ecommerce
- Apple Pay, HCE to drive NFC-based contactless payments
- Study finds omnichannel strategy can drive more revenue
Featured White Papers
- Move Beyond Batch and Blast Emails
Like many marketers, you've included email in your marketing mix for years. But while email remains a vital channel, traditional...
- Social Media Pocket Guide
In just a few short years, the world of social media has changed immensely. We'll walk through each of the...