News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Restaurants with a Facebook Page may now display menu
Restaurants with a presence on Facebook can now better represent their offerings and attract customers by displaying perhaps their most important business ingredients on Facebook - their menu.
Facebook users often search for information about restaurants on the social network and, unless a restaurant has posted a photograph of their menu on their business Page, most need to leave Facebook and head to the restaurant's website.
However, Facebook is making it much easier for users to check out a venue's offerings by allowing restaurants to display menus on their Facebook Page.
Restaurants in the U.S. or Canada that already use online listings service SinglePlatform from Constant Contact will find their menus automatically uploaded to their restaurant's Facebook Page. Those that don't use SinglePlatform, or are outside of the U.S. or Canada, can easily upload a menu PDF by visiting Page Settings - Page Info - Menus.
"With this update, restaurants can take advantage of the size and influence of Facebook's audience to attract potential new customers that search for places to dine," says Pete Chen, VP and General Manager of SinglePlatform from Constant Contact.
"Having a menu easily available on Facebook is convenient for those who regularly interact with your brand there. No longer do they have to open a separate browser window or different app; everything they need is right on the local business Page," added Chen.
Image via Shutterstock
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...