News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Restaurants with a Facebook Page may now display menu
Restaurants with a presence on Facebook can now better represent their offerings and attract customers by displaying perhaps their most important business ingredients on Facebook - their menu.
Facebook users often search for information about restaurants on the social network and, unless a restaurant has posted a photograph of their menu on their business Page, most need to leave Facebook and head to the restaurant's website.
However, Facebook is making it much easier for users to check out a venue's offerings by allowing restaurants to display menus on their Facebook Page.
Restaurants in the U.S. or Canada that already use online listings service SinglePlatform from Constant Contact will find their menus automatically uploaded to their restaurant's Facebook Page. Those that don't use SinglePlatform, or are outside of the U.S. or Canada, can easily upload a menu PDF by visiting Page Settings - Page Info - Menus.
"With this update, restaurants can take advantage of the size and influence of Facebook's audience to attract potential new customers that search for places to dine," says Pete Chen, VP and General Manager of SinglePlatform from Constant Contact.
"Having a menu easily available on Facebook is convenient for those who regularly interact with your brand there. No longer do they have to open a separate browser window or different app; everything they need is right on the local business Page," added Chen.
Image via Shutterstock
- Reports: Strong start to holiday season
- Expert: What will drive mobile in 2016
- More than half of consumers would pay for better customer care from preferred brands
- UK mobile email open rates at highest ever but conversions in decline
- More than three-quarters of all Black Friday mobile orders made on an Apple device
- Brands: How to better use reviews for your business
- How to keep customers loyal through the holidays
- 50% of Millennials will do most of their holiday shopping on Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...