News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Restaurants with a Facebook Page may now display menu
Restaurants with a presence on Facebook can now better represent their offerings and attract customers by displaying perhaps their most important business ingredients on Facebook - their menu.
Facebook users often search for information about restaurants on the social network and, unless a restaurant has posted a photograph of their menu on their business Page, most need to leave Facebook and head to the restaurant's website.
However, Facebook is making it much easier for users to check out a venue's offerings by allowing restaurants to display menus on their Facebook Page.
Restaurants in the U.S. or Canada that already use online listings service SinglePlatform from Constant Contact will find their menus automatically uploaded to their restaurant's Facebook Page. Those that don't use SinglePlatform, or are outside of the U.S. or Canada, can easily upload a menu PDF by visiting Page Settings - Page Info - Menus.
"With this update, restaurants can take advantage of the size and influence of Facebook's audience to attract potential new customers that search for places to dine," says Pete Chen, VP and General Manager of SinglePlatform from Constant Contact.
"Having a menu easily available on Facebook is convenient for those who regularly interact with your brand there. No longer do they have to open a separate browser window or different app; everything they need is right on the local business Page," added Chen.
Image via Shutterstock
- Top 3 challenges facing retailers and how to solve them
- How to get past personas and into consumers' interests
- European Commission forces Google, Apple to make users aware of 'true cost' of an app
- Top 3 tips to improve seasonal marketing plans
- Research: Social media users less likely to post positively about their favorite products
- Twitter preps for new generation of commerce experiences
- iBeacon firm offers free hardware and installation to UK retailers
- Swrve: Report reveals one third of apps get only one minute of attention
Featured White Papers
- Everything You Need to Know About Social Media for Your Business
While social media practitioners must continue to expect and adapt to change, it is important to take note of the...