News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Programmatic spending surges
Small and local businesses are banking on programmatic advertising options. That is the takeaway from new data out from Casale Media's Index. According to their new report, covering Q4 2013 and Q1 2014, both local and small businesses pushing more ad dollars into the programmatic space - pushing the year over year growth of programmatic twice as high as 2012/2013 numbers.
Programmatic is getting more attention from businesses who need to keep a close eye on budgets and spending, according to Casale Media's Index. By bidding on ad space and location, smaller brands can better compete with their national and international counterparts; which is the likely reason behind new data showing programmatic spending doubled.
The key is seasonality - during the winter months, for example, Travel CPMs led the market while CPG brands led in the latter half of 2013 as more people shopped for the holidays.
"Programmatic continues to show signs of growth and maturity, reinforced by the incredible rate with which local brands are coming online," said Andrew Casale, VP of strategy for Casale Media. "Seasonal demand for programmatic speaks volumes about marketplace ebbs and flows--indicating tremendous surges in spending at regular intervals. What's also really exciting is the vote of confidence brand marketers are giving programmatic, as they continue to take more direct control over their buys."
Some key findings from the report include:
• AT&T led the space in Q1 2014, Target, Verizon and Ford were in the top 4
• The top 10 spending brands claimed 18% of the RTB/programmatic share
• Retail, Financial and Telecom verticals accounted for half the Q1 2014 spend
• 65% of programmatic impressions were tied to cookies
- How to use your CTA to drive email conversions
- Expert: How to improve personalization strategy
- How to use payments as a marketing tool
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and a new release
- Top 3 tips to use a loyalty program to build engagement
- Fewer people report suffering with information overload than a decade ago
- Third of businesses globally under-prepared for digital transformation
- Expert: Tipping point for personalization is near
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...