News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Programmatic spending surges
Small and local businesses are banking on programmatic advertising options. That is the takeaway from new data out from Casale Media's Index. According to their new report, covering Q4 2013 and Q1 2014, both local and small businesses pushing more ad dollars into the programmatic space - pushing the year over year growth of programmatic twice as high as 2012/2013 numbers.
Programmatic is getting more attention from businesses who need to keep a close eye on budgets and spending, according to Casale Media's Index. By bidding on ad space and location, smaller brands can better compete with their national and international counterparts; which is the likely reason behind new data showing programmatic spending doubled.
The key is seasonality - during the winter months, for example, Travel CPMs led the market while CPG brands led in the latter half of 2013 as more people shopped for the holidays.
"Programmatic continues to show signs of growth and maturity, reinforced by the incredible rate with which local brands are coming online," said Andrew Casale, VP of strategy for Casale Media. "Seasonal demand for programmatic speaks volumes about marketplace ebbs and flows--indicating tremendous surges in spending at regular intervals. What's also really exciting is the vote of confidence brand marketers are giving programmatic, as they continue to take more direct control over their buys."
Some key findings from the report include:
• AT&T led the space in Q1 2014, Target, Verizon and Ford were in the top 4
• The top 10 spending brands claimed 18% of the RTB/programmatic share
• Retail, Financial and Telecom verticals accounted for half the Q1 2014 spend
• 65% of programmatic impressions were tied to cookies
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
- Why the press release is (still) not dead
- Expert: Why B2Bers need social
- Is your branded content memorable?
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...