News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Programmatic spending surges
Small and local businesses are banking on programmatic advertising options. That is the takeaway from new data out from Casale Media's Index. According to their new report, covering Q4 2013 and Q1 2014, both local and small businesses pushing more ad dollars into the programmatic space - pushing the year over year growth of programmatic twice as high as 2012/2013 numbers.
Programmatic is getting more attention from businesses who need to keep a close eye on budgets and spending, according to Casale Media's Index. By bidding on ad space and location, smaller brands can better compete with their national and international counterparts; which is the likely reason behind new data showing programmatic spending doubled.
The key is seasonality - during the winter months, for example, Travel CPMs led the market while CPG brands led in the latter half of 2013 as more people shopped for the holidays.
"Programmatic continues to show signs of growth and maturity, reinforced by the incredible rate with which local brands are coming online," said Andrew Casale, VP of strategy for Casale Media. "Seasonal demand for programmatic speaks volumes about marketplace ebbs and flows--indicating tremendous surges in spending at regular intervals. What's also really exciting is the vote of confidence brand marketers are giving programmatic, as they continue to take more direct control over their buys."
Some key findings from the report include:
• AT&T led the space in Q1 2014, Target, Verizon and Ford were in the top 4
• The top 10 spending brands claimed 18% of the RTB/programmatic share
• Retail, Financial and Telecom verticals accounted for half the Q1 2014 spend
• 65% of programmatic impressions were tied to cookies
- Survey: Online, offline shopping experiences 'merging'
- Message Systems flips email to up engagement
- Marketers beware - research your target market or risk stereotyping
- Google: U.S government user data requests up 250% since 2009
- Survey reveals general reluctance to pay for online content and apps
- Report: Online communities growing in importance
- Survey: Consumers want to share product details with friends
- PageFair: Adblocking Goes Mainstream
Featured White Papers
- Why the Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
Do you want to see why marketers are outsourcing their writing? Read this white paper to learn how external writers...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...
- The Social Hunger: Why Your Audience Feasts on Social Integration
For the past few years, marketers have 'woken up' to consumers who have the power to express their views anytime...
- The 8 Critical Metrics for Measuring App User Engagement
Measuring and optimizing for the right engagement metrics is the key to attaining and keeping users. Whether your business model...