News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Rentrak taps Targeted Victory to connect voters, ads
In the upcoming election season here in the US, politicians and parties may get a little help - from television advertising. While political ads are nothing new in broadcast or print media, much of the time there has been little targeting to go along with the ads.
Advanced demographics and analytics hub Rentrak has partnered with Targeted Victory, a leading in the online ad space, to target voters based on their television viewing habits. Through the agreement Rentrak's television voter viewing data will be layered into the Targeted Victory Audience Exchange database.
"In 2014, over 50% of likely voters are screen agnostic, and campaigns can't be certain where they're watching video. Through our partnership with Rentrak, the right messaging lands on every screen - reaching even the most elusive audiences," said Michael Beach, co-founder of Targeted Victory.
The data can be used to better track voters based on their viewing habits, and matching those habits to voter registration files and segments while still keeping private information private.
"More often than not, the modern voter can be found consuming digital and broadcast media interchangeably, if not at the same time - and modern campaigns need the flexibility and sophisticated targeting to respond to these habits. This partnership is a terrific step, and we're excited to put it to work for forward-thinking campaigns in the upcoming cycle" said Chris Wilson, President of National Television at Rentrak.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile video a compliment to TV
- Mobile sites leaving customers hungry
- Survey: Most create videos as keepsakes
- Ad RoundUp: Ecommerce deployments key in on data
- Online and mobile shopping experience still failing to meet consumer expectations
- Which products have the highest online browse-to-buy correlation?
- Millennials: Speed and high-quality images the difference between bounce or buy on mobile
- Smartphone shopping up but revenue remains low
Featured White Papers
- 7 ways the mobile consumer changes everything infographic
Download the infographic "7 Ways the Mobile Consumer Changes Everything" to learn how to optimize your web content for mobile,...
- Re-Engineer Your Business For Mobile Moments
More than ever, customers are turning to their mobile devices to browse, shop, and research. This increase in usage puts...