News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Rentrak taps Targeted Victory to connect voters, ads
In the upcoming election season here in the US, politicians and parties may get a little help - from television advertising. While political ads are nothing new in broadcast or print media, much of the time there has been little targeting to go along with the ads.
Advanced demographics and analytics hub Rentrak has partnered with Targeted Victory, a leading in the online ad space, to target voters based on their television viewing habits. Through the agreement Rentrak's television voter viewing data will be layered into the Targeted Victory Audience Exchange database.
"In 2014, over 50% of likely voters are screen agnostic, and campaigns can't be certain where they're watching video. Through our partnership with Rentrak, the right messaging lands on every screen - reaching even the most elusive audiences," said Michael Beach, co-founder of Targeted Victory.
The data can be used to better track voters based on their viewing habits, and matching those habits to voter registration files and segments while still keeping private information private.
"More often than not, the modern voter can be found consuming digital and broadcast media interchangeably, if not at the same time - and modern campaigns need the flexibility and sophisticated targeting to respond to these habits. This partnership is a terrific step, and we're excited to put it to work for forward-thinking campaigns in the upcoming cycle" said Chris Wilson, President of National Television at Rentrak.
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Nearly one-third say they 'don't do enough' to internationalize their business
- Millennials say the right content drives brand loyalty
- Consumers not impressed by engagement of branded apps
- Online shoppers excited about possibility of drone deliveries
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- 45% of marketers to invest in events during 2015
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
Featured White Papers
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...