News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Rentrak taps Targeted Victory to connect voters, ads
In the upcoming election season here in the US, politicians and parties may get a little help - from television advertising. While political ads are nothing new in broadcast or print media, much of the time there has been little targeting to go along with the ads.
Advanced demographics and analytics hub Rentrak has partnered with Targeted Victory, a leading in the online ad space, to target voters based on their television viewing habits. Through the agreement Rentrak's television voter viewing data will be layered into the Targeted Victory Audience Exchange database.
"In 2014, over 50% of likely voters are screen agnostic, and campaigns can't be certain where they're watching video. Through our partnership with Rentrak, the right messaging lands on every screen - reaching even the most elusive audiences," said Michael Beach, co-founder of Targeted Victory.
The data can be used to better track voters based on their viewing habits, and matching those habits to voter registration files and segments while still keeping private information private.
"More often than not, the modern voter can be found consuming digital and broadcast media interchangeably, if not at the same time - and modern campaigns need the flexibility and sophisticated targeting to respond to these habits. This partnership is a terrific step, and we're excited to put it to work for forward-thinking campaigns in the upcoming cycle" said Chris Wilson, President of National Television at Rentrak.
Image via Shutterstock
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
Featured White Papers
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...