News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Rentrak taps Targeted Victory to connect voters, ads
In the upcoming election season here in the US, politicians and parties may get a little help - from television advertising. While political ads are nothing new in broadcast or print media, much of the time there has been little targeting to go along with the ads.
Advanced demographics and analytics hub Rentrak has partnered with Targeted Victory, a leading in the online ad space, to target voters based on their television viewing habits. Through the agreement Rentrak's television voter viewing data will be layered into the Targeted Victory Audience Exchange database.
"In 2014, over 50% of likely voters are screen agnostic, and campaigns can't be certain where they're watching video. Through our partnership with Rentrak, the right messaging lands on every screen - reaching even the most elusive audiences," said Michael Beach, co-founder of Targeted Victory.
The data can be used to better track voters based on their viewing habits, and matching those habits to voter registration files and segments while still keeping private information private.
"More often than not, the modern voter can be found consuming digital and broadcast media interchangeably, if not at the same time - and modern campaigns need the flexibility and sophisticated targeting to respond to these habits. This partnership is a terrific step, and we're excited to put it to work for forward-thinking campaigns in the upcoming cycle" said Chris Wilson, President of National Television at Rentrak.
Image via Shutterstock
- Driving website traffic revealed as retailers' biggest challenge
- Revenues from tablet games to triple in next five years
- Marketers must react to changing consumer behavior caused by technology
- Facebook launches Event ads to appear in Newsfeeds
- UK: Online Christmas shopping to exceed £13 billion
- Top 3 retail tips to personalize across channels
- Expert Advice: Use in-store techniques to sell online
- Twitter helps agency campaigns take off with Flight School
Featured White Papers
- Expert Panel: Brand Strategists Answer Top 5 Social Questions
During SXSW Interactive, we gathered a team of five leading brand strategists to answer the five most pressing social questions...
- The Truth About Cloud Security
"Security" is the number one issue holding business leaders back from the cloud. But does the reality match the perception?...
- 5 Ways to Personalize Beyond the Subject Line
Many marketers are still using batch and blast tactics for their emails and are often limited in their personalization efforts...