News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Rentrak taps Targeted Victory to connect voters, ads
In the upcoming election season here in the US, politicians and parties may get a little help - from television advertising. While political ads are nothing new in broadcast or print media, much of the time there has been little targeting to go along with the ads.
Advanced demographics and analytics hub Rentrak has partnered with Targeted Victory, a leading in the online ad space, to target voters based on their television viewing habits. Through the agreement Rentrak's television voter viewing data will be layered into the Targeted Victory Audience Exchange database.
"In 2014, over 50% of likely voters are screen agnostic, and campaigns can't be certain where they're watching video. Through our partnership with Rentrak, the right messaging lands on every screen - reaching even the most elusive audiences," said Michael Beach, co-founder of Targeted Victory.
The data can be used to better track voters based on their viewing habits, and matching those habits to voter registration files and segments while still keeping private information private.
"More often than not, the modern voter can be found consuming digital and broadcast media interchangeably, if not at the same time - and modern campaigns need the flexibility and sophisticated targeting to respond to these habits. This partnership is a terrific step, and we're excited to put it to work for forward-thinking campaigns in the upcoming cycle" said Chris Wilson, President of National Television at Rentrak.
Image via Shutterstock
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Does your business send packages? USPS postal rates change
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...