News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Programmatic pushing more ad dollars, focus
In the first quarter of 2014, marketing and analytics hub Turn notes a shift: toward programmatic. According to their new Advertising Intelligence Index programmatic options across the online space - and outside the traditional display realm - are heating up.
As the Internet becomes more crowded retailers and other businesses are looking for ways to make their ad dollars go farther while reaching more consumers. To stretch those dollars without giving up on targeting and analytics options, Turn's new Advertising Intelligence Index suggests RTB/programmatic options are making a splash along with emerging regions.
Some interesting takeaways from the report include:
• Mobile spending up 109%
• Video ad spending up 65%
• Display up 20%
• Social budgets increased 20%
"Spend and competition are increasing in mature markets, leading to smarter data-driven budget allocation this year," said Paul Alfieri, senior vice president of marketing, Turn. "Brands and agencies are using sophisticated audience-first strategies to drive planning for programmatic advertising, turning insights into an advantage against the competition."
On average eCPMs increased 64% for social and about 21% for display; eCPMs for mobile and video were under 10% each.
As for the verticals that stand to gain the most from programmatic, Travel and Telecom lead, along with Financial Services and Arts/Entertainment. Meanwhile the report suggests verticals like Sports/Recreation, Auto and Apparel will be less competitive, on a global scale, moving forward.
- Consumers expect shopping experience to be revolutionized by wearable tech
- Highest online parcel volume recorded in October 2015
- How to convince wary app users to share location data
- How to protect against fake reviews
- 3 IT trends to watch in 2016
- Adobe: $27billion spent so far, 46% mobile traffic
- Nielsen: Generations bucking preconceived notions of behavior
- Study reveals shopping habits not influenced by Black Friday flash sales
Featured White Papers
- Statistics for Online Experiments: How to Think and Act Like a Statistician
Statistics are the underpinning of how Optimizely's customers use data to make decisions. To run great experiments, investing in an...
- Lean Content Marketing
Content is king. If you're a modern marketer, you know why--it is the fuel for your lead generation and nurturing...