News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Programmatic pushing more ad dollars, focus
In the first quarter of 2014, marketing and analytics hub Turn notes a shift: toward programmatic. According to their new Advertising Intelligence Index programmatic options across the online space - and outside the traditional display realm - are heating up.
As the Internet becomes more crowded retailers and other businesses are looking for ways to make their ad dollars go farther while reaching more consumers. To stretch those dollars without giving up on targeting and analytics options, Turn's new Advertising Intelligence Index suggests RTB/programmatic options are making a splash along with emerging regions.
Some interesting takeaways from the report include:
• Mobile spending up 109%
• Video ad spending up 65%
• Display up 20%
• Social budgets increased 20%
"Spend and competition are increasing in mature markets, leading to smarter data-driven budget allocation this year," said Paul Alfieri, senior vice president of marketing, Turn. "Brands and agencies are using sophisticated audience-first strategies to drive planning for programmatic advertising, turning insights into an advantage against the competition."
On average eCPMs increased 64% for social and about 21% for display; eCPMs for mobile and video were under 10% each.
As for the verticals that stand to gain the most from programmatic, Travel and Telecom lead, along with Financial Services and Arts/Entertainment. Meanwhile the report suggests verticals like Sports/Recreation, Auto and Apparel will be less competitive, on a global scale, moving forward.
- Ecommerce Roundup: Shipping, experience key to satisfaction
- Survey: Recruiting a struggle for IT departments
- Study: Mobile consumers want control
- L2 Report: 64% of brands now on Snapchat
- 98% of Generation Z shop in-store, but challenges ahead for retailers
- Most media chiefs believe fake news is good for business
- Study: Trust, payments annoy marketplace sellers
- Expert: How RegTech will impact 2017
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...