News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Programmatic pushing more ad dollars, focus
In the first quarter of 2014, marketing and analytics hub Turn notes a shift: toward programmatic. According to their new Advertising Intelligence Index programmatic options across the online space - and outside the traditional display realm - are heating up.
As the Internet becomes more crowded retailers and other businesses are looking for ways to make their ad dollars go farther while reaching more consumers. To stretch those dollars without giving up on targeting and analytics options, Turn's new Advertising Intelligence Index suggests RTB/programmatic options are making a splash along with emerging regions.
Some interesting takeaways from the report include:
• Mobile spending up 109%
• Video ad spending up 65%
• Display up 20%
• Social budgets increased 20%
"Spend and competition are increasing in mature markets, leading to smarter data-driven budget allocation this year," said Paul Alfieri, senior vice president of marketing, Turn. "Brands and agencies are using sophisticated audience-first strategies to drive planning for programmatic advertising, turning insights into an advantage against the competition."
On average eCPMs increased 64% for social and about 21% for display; eCPMs for mobile and video were under 10% each.
As for the verticals that stand to gain the most from programmatic, Travel and Telecom lead, along with Financial Services and Arts/Entertainment. Meanwhile the report suggests verticals like Sports/Recreation, Auto and Apparel will be less competitive, on a global scale, moving forward.
- 40% of public relations workers use, but do not engage with, social media
- Consumers find card-linked marketing helpful for special occasions
- More than 40% of UK online transactions made via mobile
- Expert: How to engage Hispanic shoppers
- How forms can speed customer service
- Reports: Sharing, shopping increase on mobile
- Ad Roundup: New video tools, cross-device options
- Ecommerce Roundup: Mobile support, what shoppers want
Featured White Papers
- Gain Real-time email competitive intelligence with this video
Watch this short webinar today and see for yourself how you can gain access to email competitive data, real-time inbox...
- Digital Marketing: Are You Ready to Go Agile? (Best Practices)
Digital marketing isn't just about the channel, it's the mechanism by which people are creating and sharing experiences; engaging not...
- Design Matters: How To Create The Optimal Mobile Shopping Experience
Over two-thirds of US consumers under 50 say they would be happy if shopping evolved into a mobile-only experience, recent...