News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pinterest pins popular categories to days of the week
Does what people Pin on Pinterest differ by day of the week? Pinterest were keen to find out and the results show that there is definitely a trend in what gets posted and when.
Throughout the course of a week, categories on Pinterest see popularity rise and fall. When Pinterest analyzed what users were Pinning on each day of the week, they found that the week begins with good intentions and ends with food.
Here are the most popular categories for each day of the week:
Monday: overindulgence is rectified by good intentions as the fitness category proves to be the most popular at the start of the working week
Tuesday: Technology takes the limelight
Wednesday: Getting over the hump-day of the week is helped by an increase in the inspirational quotes category.
Thursday: Thoughts turn to the weekend and shopping with fashion the most popular category.
Friday: The end of the week is the day for funny Pins with humor being the most popular category and, according to Pinterest, the fastest-growing category aided by the addition of GIF pins five months ago.
Saturday: Pinners are thinking about vacations and getting away from it all with travel the most popular category.
Sunday: Food and craft ideas accompany a lazy Sunday.
Image via Shutterstock
- How travel brands can do more with data
- Expert: What retailers need to know about EMV
- Study: Utility apps take most of ad spend
- Holidaymakers swindled out of £2.2 million in 2014
- Brits warming to biometric technology for online banking access
- Banks missing out by focusing mobile banking ads on television
- Top 3 tips to add personality to your targeting
- Will 2015 be The Year of Mobile?
Featured White Papers
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...