News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pinterest pins popular categories to days of the week
Does what people Pin on Pinterest differ by day of the week? Pinterest were keen to find out and the results show that there is definitely a trend in what gets posted and when.
Throughout the course of a week, categories on Pinterest see popularity rise and fall. When Pinterest analyzed what users were Pinning on each day of the week, they found that the week begins with good intentions and ends with food.
Here are the most popular categories for each day of the week:
Monday: overindulgence is rectified by good intentions as the fitness category proves to be the most popular at the start of the working week
Tuesday: Technology takes the limelight
Wednesday: Getting over the hump-day of the week is helped by an increase in the inspirational quotes category.
Thursday: Thoughts turn to the weekend and shopping with fashion the most popular category.
Friday: The end of the week is the day for funny Pins with humor being the most popular category and, according to Pinterest, the fastest-growing category aided by the addition of GIF pins five months ago.
Saturday: Pinners are thinking about vacations and getting away from it all with travel the most popular category.
Sunday: Food and craft ideas accompany a lazy Sunday.
Image via Shutterstock
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
- BrightEdge: Brands are missing consumer engagement with content
- Experts weigh in on the death of Flash
- Study finds payment issues top affiliates' complaint list
- Study: Indian mobile use skyrocketing
- How travel brands can stop fraud
- Cart abandonment rates lower for charities than other sectors
Featured White Papers
- The Step-By-Step Guide to Building Your Custom Attribution Model
Solving the attribution problem will be one of the most important things you do to boost ROI for your organization....
- What drives Email Open Rates
eDataSource compares certain quarterly email engagement metrics across five somewhat similar retailers, based on our visibility into the email activity...