News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pinterest pins popular categories to days of the week
Does what people Pin on Pinterest differ by day of the week? Pinterest were keen to find out and the results show that there is definitely a trend in what gets posted and when.
Throughout the course of a week, categories on Pinterest see popularity rise and fall. When Pinterest analyzed what users were Pinning on each day of the week, they found that the week begins with good intentions and ends with food.
Here are the most popular categories for each day of the week:
Monday: overindulgence is rectified by good intentions as the fitness category proves to be the most popular at the start of the working week
Tuesday: Technology takes the limelight
Wednesday: Getting over the hump-day of the week is helped by an increase in the inspirational quotes category.
Thursday: Thoughts turn to the weekend and shopping with fashion the most popular category.
Friday: The end of the week is the day for funny Pins with humor being the most popular category and, according to Pinterest, the fastest-growing category aided by the addition of GIF pins five months ago.
Saturday: Pinners are thinking about vacations and getting away from it all with travel the most popular category.
Sunday: Food and craft ideas accompany a lazy Sunday.
Image via Shutterstock
- In-store pricing versus online: Getting the price right at the right time
- Investment in the online shopping experience paying dividends for retailers
- Survey: Mobile a sore spot for luxury brands
- Study: Switching economy could cost US brands $1 trillion
- Does your business send packages? USPS postal rates change
- Localytics: App engagement up, retention declines
- Knowledge of marketing automation low among senior-level marketers
- Study: Data tools don't stop cross-channel challenges
Featured White Papers
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Download this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Benchmark Report: Data Drives Social Media Performance
After analyzing 1.6 M posts on Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, we've concluded that how you distribute your social posts...
- What Your Website and a Great Book Should Have in Common
With real-time personalization, your website can share many of the same characteristics of a best-selling novel - including the ability...