News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pinterest Business Insights API released
Pinterest is making it easier for businesses to know what's working on the image-based social network with the addition of the Business Insights API which will run alongside the free analytics currently on offer.
According to the e-tailing group's recently released Q2 2014 data, 81% of retailers currently employ Pinterest as part of their marketing strategy.
While Pinterest offers a free analytics tool, they are encouraging marketing technology developers to build on it by adding insights and features such as conversion tracking that the social network currently doesn't offer.
The Business Insights API will allow businesses using Pinterest to see which of their Pins are driving traffic and which products are popular and are being Re-Pinned.
According to a Pinterest blog post, "We know some businesses use third-party marketing tools to help them figure out how they're doing on different platforms. That's why we're proud to announce a new initiative that lets businesses analyze their Pinterest activity using popular marketing technology software, including Salesforce (Exact Target Marketing Cloud), Hootsuite, Spredfast, Percolate, Piqora, Curalate and Tailwind".
Businesses that already work with technology built by one of the above developers may soon begin to see additional Pinterest insights soon and those who do not should contact the companies direct to get involved.
Image via Shutterstock
- Forecast: Local media revs to push $140b
- Consumers more likely to be loyal to brands with a physical presence
- Study dispels myth that 15-24 year olds are the true 'digital natives'
- Top 3 tips to better optimize branded content
- Programmatic spending skyrockets through Nexage Markeplace
- FTC's new 'merchandise rule' to come into effect before Christmas
- Brands: Why content needs better optimization
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships and acquisitions to improve platforms
Featured White Papers
- Evolving Toward the Next Phase of Email
According to most corporate decision makers and influencers, email is the single most important application they have deployed! The typical...
- 6 Ways to Boost Holiday Sales & Fuel Year-round Growth
Just as the shopping seasons guide demand in many categories, they shape the conversation around these categories as well. How...
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...