News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pinterest Business Insights API released
Pinterest is making it easier for businesses to know what's working on the image-based social network with the addition of the Business Insights API which will run alongside the free analytics currently on offer.
According to the e-tailing group's recently released Q2 2014 data, 81% of retailers currently employ Pinterest as part of their marketing strategy.
While Pinterest offers a free analytics tool, they are encouraging marketing technology developers to build on it by adding insights and features such as conversion tracking that the social network currently doesn't offer.
The Business Insights API will allow businesses using Pinterest to see which of their Pins are driving traffic and which products are popular and are being Re-Pinned.
According to a Pinterest blog post, "We know some businesses use third-party marketing tools to help them figure out how they're doing on different platforms. That's why we're proud to announce a new initiative that lets businesses analyze their Pinterest activity using popular marketing technology software, including Salesforce (Exact Target Marketing Cloud), Hootsuite, Spredfast, Percolate, Piqora, Curalate and Tailwind".
Businesses that already work with technology built by one of the above developers may soon begin to see additional Pinterest insights soon and those who do not should contact the companies direct to get involved.
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Partnership, targeting to give brands more insights
- Expert: Why surveys may not offer all advertisers' questions
- Expert: Look for native to continue strong growth
- U.S. in-store and mobile retail experience found wanting
- Brits more interested in smart home tech than wearable tech
- Is TripAdvisor a gateway app?
- Ad Roundup: Partnerships to increase viewability, deflate fraud
- Expert: The most important social metrics for brands
Featured White Papers