News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pinterest Business Insights API released
Pinterest is making it easier for businesses to know what's working on the image-based social network with the addition of the Business Insights API which will run alongside the free analytics currently on offer.
According to the e-tailing group's recently released Q2 2014 data, 81% of retailers currently employ Pinterest as part of their marketing strategy.
While Pinterest offers a free analytics tool, they are encouraging marketing technology developers to build on it by adding insights and features such as conversion tracking that the social network currently doesn't offer.
The Business Insights API will allow businesses using Pinterest to see which of their Pins are driving traffic and which products are popular and are being Re-Pinned.
According to a Pinterest blog post, "We know some businesses use third-party marketing tools to help them figure out how they're doing on different platforms. That's why we're proud to announce a new initiative that lets businesses analyze their Pinterest activity using popular marketing technology software, including Salesforce (Exact Target Marketing Cloud), Hootsuite, Spredfast, Percolate, Piqora, Curalate and Tailwind".
Businesses that already work with technology built by one of the above developers may soon begin to see additional Pinterest insights soon and those who do not should contact the companies direct to get involved.
Image via Shutterstock
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
- Adobe: More online TV watched on smartphones than tablets
- Ad Roundup: Launches to increase mobile, social capabilities
- Zendesk: Brand promoters talk less, detractors talk more
- Spending up but enthusiasm down for Halloween celebrations in the UK
- Study: Santa's Using SaaS
- Brits have financial concerns in the run up to Christmas
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...