News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nectar to boost mobile video ad views with points reward
If you want mobile users to watch your video ads, you could always reward them. That's what the UK's largest loyalty program, Nectar, is hoping to achieve with its new partnership with ad start up Adpoints.
In recognition of the fact that today's audiences know the value of their time and attention, Nectar has teamed up with Adpoints to reward those who watch certain video ads on mobile with Nectar points.
"By advertising to a willing and engaged viewer, brands can tackle the growing issue of ad avoidance head on by getting guaranteed attention, full ad completion and invaluable consumer feedback. For their part, viewers are rewarded for watching advertising whenever they choose," says Adpoints in a recent press release.
Consumers can boost their Nectar points by not only watching but interacting with and visiting the advertiser's website. When watching ads, users will be asked to confirm they are still watching at certain points during the ad. After the ad has finished users will be required to rate the ad, and for some extra points can answer questions from the advertiser and visit their website.
"We live in an age where people can choose to watch or avoid ads as they wish, and as such, the reality for advertisers is that there's no guarantee that their ads have been seen or how it was received by consumers," says Martin Pugh, CEO of Adpoints.
"What's needed is a transparent and honest deal between the advertiser and consumer. That's why we launched Adpoints and why we've expanded across to mobile, so that consumers can engage with ads of their choice, in their own time, and advertisers can enjoy 100 per cent viewability and engagement."
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...