News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nectar to boost mobile video ad views with points reward
If you want mobile users to watch your video ads, you could always reward them. That's what the UK's largest loyalty program, Nectar, is hoping to achieve with its new partnership with ad start up Adpoints.
In recognition of the fact that today's audiences know the value of their time and attention, Nectar has teamed up with Adpoints to reward those who watch certain video ads on mobile with Nectar points.
"By advertising to a willing and engaged viewer, brands can tackle the growing issue of ad avoidance head on by getting guaranteed attention, full ad completion and invaluable consumer feedback. For their part, viewers are rewarded for watching advertising whenever they choose," says Adpoints in a recent press release.
Consumers can boost their Nectar points by not only watching but interacting with and visiting the advertiser's website. When watching ads, users will be asked to confirm they are still watching at certain points during the ad. After the ad has finished users will be required to rate the ad, and for some extra points can answer questions from the advertiser and visit their website.
"We live in an age where people can choose to watch or avoid ads as they wish, and as such, the reality for advertisers is that there's no guarantee that their ads have been seen or how it was received by consumers," says Martin Pugh, CEO of Adpoints.
"What's needed is a transparent and honest deal between the advertiser and consumer. That's why we launched Adpoints and why we've expanded across to mobile, so that consumers can engage with ads of their choice, in their own time, and advertisers can enjoy 100 per cent viewability and engagement."
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...