News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nectar to boost mobile video ad views with points reward
If you want mobile users to watch your video ads, you could always reward them. That's what the UK's largest loyalty program, Nectar, is hoping to achieve with its new partnership with ad start up Adpoints.
In recognition of the fact that today's audiences know the value of their time and attention, Nectar has teamed up with Adpoints to reward those who watch certain video ads on mobile with Nectar points.
"By advertising to a willing and engaged viewer, brands can tackle the growing issue of ad avoidance head on by getting guaranteed attention, full ad completion and invaluable consumer feedback. For their part, viewers are rewarded for watching advertising whenever they choose," says Adpoints in a recent press release.
Consumers can boost their Nectar points by not only watching but interacting with and visiting the advertiser's website. When watching ads, users will be asked to confirm they are still watching at certain points during the ad. After the ad has finished users will be required to rate the ad, and for some extra points can answer questions from the advertiser and visit their website.
"We live in an age where people can choose to watch or avoid ads as they wish, and as such, the reality for advertisers is that there's no guarantee that their ads have been seen or how it was received by consumers," says Martin Pugh, CEO of Adpoints.
"What's needed is a transparent and honest deal between the advertiser and consumer. That's why we launched Adpoints and why we've expanded across to mobile, so that consumers can engage with ads of their choice, in their own time, and advertisers can enjoy 100 per cent viewability and engagement."
- Forge relationships with consumers with gamification marketing techniques
- 50% of teens bored of Facebook as the social network loses its 'cool' factor
- Studies ID social trends for the holiday season
- Experts: Use the Hunger Games strategy to avoid spam folders
- Studies predict strong holiday shopping season
- Unruly IDs the most shared videos of 2014
- Expert: Why marketers should watch augmented reality
- Top 6 tips to set retailers up for the 2014 holidays
Featured White Papers
- 2014 Top Insights for Marketing Executives
Winning consumers over today requires building new capabilities that make brands more agile and provides deeper, more intimate knowledge of...
- 6 Common Marketing Problems and How to Beat Them
Feeling tired, frustrated, and overwhelmed with work chaos? Get the Winning at the Game of Marketing eBook and get control....
- Social & The DMP: Understanding Data-Driven Social Media Marketing
Learn how top marketers improved their Social Media Marketing....