News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile releases signal increase in targeting
This week, two new releases to the mobile space should up the ante when it comes to targeting - one through geographically targeting push notifications and another with advanced analytics and guided selling.
First, from MobilePaks, a guided selling channel that should help businesses better connect and engagement with their consumer base throughout the sales cycle. The platform is set up to push updates directly to the sales channel being used and by recommending content based on consumer profiles and preferences.
"Relevant information in the hands of informed salespeople not only helps them to stay on-message, but drives more valuable conversations with prospects for improved sales effectiveness," said MobilePaks CEO Chanin Ballance. "MobilePaks makes it easy to a develop well-trained, skilled and knowledgeable partners by providing real-time recommendations and on-demand search capability of sales collateral, short training bursts and reference aids from any device."
Meanwhile, Infobip has added push notifications to their platform, allowing developers to test services for free. The Infobip Push platform features Live GEO, which uses location based services to push geographically targeted and scheduled messaging to consumers; the platform also uses a Rich Media Push option which enables images, video or GIF files to be delivered to the consumer.
"With Live Geo set up, app users will receive a push notification whenever they enter a pre-set area, as opposed to standard location-based push notifications, which target an area and send out a bulk push regardless of the users in the area," writes the company. "Visual cues are a proven enticement for app-based communication and engagement - adding them gives app developers, brands and marketers another asset to promote their product or service at no cost for the end user. Infobip's research suggests that the open rate for push notifications increases three times with the addition of images or video content."
Image via Shutterstock
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...