News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile releases signal increase in targeting
This week, two new releases to the mobile space should up the ante when it comes to targeting - one through geographically targeting push notifications and another with advanced analytics and guided selling.
First, from MobilePaks, a guided selling channel that should help businesses better connect and engagement with their consumer base throughout the sales cycle. The platform is set up to push updates directly to the sales channel being used and by recommending content based on consumer profiles and preferences.
"Relevant information in the hands of informed salespeople not only helps them to stay on-message, but drives more valuable conversations with prospects for improved sales effectiveness," said MobilePaks CEO Chanin Ballance. "MobilePaks makes it easy to a develop well-trained, skilled and knowledgeable partners by providing real-time recommendations and on-demand search capability of sales collateral, short training bursts and reference aids from any device."
Meanwhile, Infobip has added push notifications to their platform, allowing developers to test services for free. The Infobip Push platform features Live GEO, which uses location based services to push geographically targeted and scheduled messaging to consumers; the platform also uses a Rich Media Push option which enables images, video or GIF files to be delivered to the consumer.
"With Live Geo set up, app users will receive a push notification whenever they enter a pre-set area, as opposed to standard location-based push notifications, which target an area and send out a bulk push regardless of the users in the area," writes the company. "Visual cues are a proven enticement for app-based communication and engagement - adding them gives app developers, brands and marketers another asset to promote their product or service at no cost for the end user. Infobip's research suggests that the open rate for push notifications increases three times with the addition of images or video content."
Image via Shutterstock
- Study: Mobile key for online grocery buys
- Job Seekers: How to get the next job
- Top 3 tips to improve travel loyalty programs
- New Realeyes' research links emotional response to sales impact
- Coalition for Better Ads releases new guidance to curb consumer annoyance with ads
- Instagram's focus on business tools attracts SMB advertisers
- Traditional external agency model failing to meet marketers' needs
- Few marketers intend to invest in marketing technology in 2017
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...